• Published 6th Jul 2013
  • 541 Views, 8 Comments

Breeze at Dawn - Enderstorm

  • ...
2
 8
 541

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"So, what brings you here?" Wind asked me.

"I move constantly. This was the closest town to my previous home." I replied shyly. Where's a magical gingerbread bakery when you need one?

"Why did you move?"

"I just don't fit in."

"Why?"

"Because I have no cutie mark."

"Why would you move because of that? It's not like moving will magically grant you a special talent."

This is starting to get really annoying. Why is he asking all these questions? Doesn't he realize that I don't want to talk about my past? "Will you shut your speech hole for just one second?" I outburst. I immediately covered my mouth with my hoof. "Sorry! Sorry! I didn't mean it! Please don't hate me!" Great. I just met the first pony in my life to keep up a conversation with me for more than five minutes, and I yell at him just for being curious. What is wrong with me?

"Hold up, why would I hate you? You obviously don't wanna talk about your life before, and I was stupid for not realizing that earlier. This doesn't mean I dislike you all of a sudden! I made a mistake, and I'm sorry for it." Wind said in a apologetic tone. It surprised me how kind and understanding he was. This might have been the best day in my whole life. I just made a my first friendship, and hopefully I won't mess it up.

"B-but I don't usually get THAT angry." I explained.

"Oh. Are you angry at all?" Wind asked.

"Very much, but usually bottle it up inside. I've never held a conversation that long to release it." I said. Then, out of nowhere, my stomach growled again. I knew I should have purchased more cupcakes.

"I think a single cupcake isn't going to fill you up." Wind said. "Wanna have some lunch with me? Its my treat."

"Sure!" I said. I've never been more excited in my life. Nopony has ever asked me to go to lunch before. I'll make sure not to mess this up.

We went inside the cafe that Wind was taking me to. It was about 2, so it was completely empty. I looked at my menu and ordered some hay fries. Wind ordered a hay burger.

I asked Wind about his sister. Gee Dawn, great conversation starter, I thought to myself.

"Well, my sister has orange skin and pink and red shades of hair. Her names Babs Seed, the greatest sister you can have!" Wind explained.

"At least you have family that care about you," I said, on the verge of tears. I blink them back and continue "My dad is the only family I have left, and he kicked me out of his house. Because that's what you do to 20 year old mares that are mooching off their fathers..."

"Well, at least you have a small family. I have a huge family! Cousins, sibilings, parents, grandparents, and more. We always have to go to family reunions annually, but it's fun to see my favorite cousins!"

We finish our meals and head outside. "Ok then, see you tomorrow I guess?" I say, though it came out more like a question.

"Hey, you said that I was visiting your house. Am I still doing that?" Wind said. I was surprised he even remembered that.

"Yes, I-I guess it slipped my mind. Sorry." I say, and smile weakly in response.

"That's ok. I can't remember things as well." Wind and I walked the path to my house. As we walked, strange thoughts came to me. I started to like him. Not as friends, but love. It felt strange, because nopony didn't like me, and it was obvious Wind liked me. But I never liked anypony the same way as Wind. Come to think of it, I've never liked anypony. They all shunned me, all because of my bucking blank-flank. Sometimes I just wish I knew what my special talent is. I'm not good at anything, and I'd be a tiny bit happier if my talent was being useless. Because then I'd have a picture on my Celestia-damned butt!

We arrive at my appartment building, and start walking up the stairs, in silence. Obviously. I would make it too awkward if I tried to talk, and I doubt Wind has anything to talk about. "I really like your mane." Wind said to me. "Well, I was wrong," I thought to myself. "I guess he does have something to say." The truth is, I can't afford manecuts, or to get my mane styled. Or colored. I never really liked the kind of evil, dark look of my mane, but there isn't really anything I can do about it.

When we enter my appartment, I gesture my hoof around as I state the obvious. "Welcome to my appartment, I guess. You're the first visitor I've had." I mentally facehoof as I mentally insult myself "Way to go, Mrs. Obvious"

"It looks a lot nicer than other ponies' apartments." Wind said he walked to the couch and turned on the TV. He put on what I think was his favorite show, My Little Human.

"Just don't keep that on for long, OK? Unless you want to pay for my electricity bill," my yell turns into a mutter. "Which I can't afford." "Oh, ok." Wind said as he turned off the TV. "Do you mind if I rest on the couch?"

"Sure." I look at my azure-blue bedsheet still around me, and now it's dirty. Oh well, I just throw it on my bed walk away. I look at Wind who is resting on the couch. He's so cute from this angle. I blush slightly and shake my head as I walk into the small bathroom to take a shit.

When I came back from emptying my bowels, Wind was already asleep. He looked as cute as a button! I walked over to him and stroked his mane softly. Then, I leaned in and kissed his cute little red mouth. I walked away and was going to my room until I heard somepony say, "I saw that."

Author's Note:

I would put clop here but I decided against it. I can't write clop for the life of me.