• Published 12th Jul 2013
  • 1,281 Views, 149 Comments

Meeting of Worlds - A Crossover Story - L_Wolf



Mare Do Well, finds herself in sticky situation after magic lands her in a world that isn't her own.

  • ...
1
 149
 1,281

Interrupted Night

Chapter 8

Starbloom was having a fitful night sleep, shifting on the bed and groaning softly. It wasn't enough to wake up Toby though, who was sleeping peacefully next to her. She shifted around more before her eyes popped open and she jumped off the bed, her foreleg hitting the ground hard causing her let out a sharp cry of pain and collapse onto her side.

Her good forearm reached up grabbing her hurt shoulder gritting her teeth trying to keep from crying out more kicking her back legs a bit from the pain. But the cry had woke up Toby who put on his glasses and got out of bed. "S.. Starbloom! What's wrong, what happen?" he called hurrying over to her.

She had her eyes closed tight as she held onto her shoulder with her hoof shuddering. He could tell she was in a lot of pain. "Shhh it.. it'll be okay." he said softly rubbing her shoulder trying to help ease the pain. "Mama! H.. Hurry!" He yelled for Fluttershy who was sleeping down stairs.

Fluttershy was up the stairs quickly and saw Toby rubbing Starbloom's shoulder, and Starbloom laying on the ground her hoof on her shoulder whimpering loudly. "Oh my, what happen here?" She asked looking over at Toby while moving over and kneeling down the check on Starbloom.

"I don't know mama, I think she fell out of bed." He said looking up at Fluttershy, he then looked back down at Starbloom. "I think she landed on her hurt shoulder, it looks like it really hurts bad."

Fluttershy nodded biting her bottom lip. "Help getter on my back Toby sweetie." She said and Toby nodded helping to get Starbloom up and onto Fluttershy's back.

Once Starbloom was on Fluttershy's back she started down stairs with her and to the door, Toby followed after her quickly. "Where... are we going?" Toby asked looking up at Fluttershy doing his best to keep up.

"Ponyville General, maybe they can treat the poor dear so she wont be hurting so much" Fluttershy said, Toby nodding at her. Fluttershy stopped and lowered herself so Toby can get on her back, there was just enough room for both of them.

Once Toby was on her back as well. Fluttershy got herself up and started to gallop as fast as she could towards Ponyville and the hospital. Toby did his best to keep Starbloom calm as she rested across Fluttershy's back. But Starbloom was still to out of it to really focus on much.

Toby started tearing up as he looked at Starbloom and very carefully rubbed at her shoulder so not to hurt it. "It... it's going to be okay S... Starbloom. M... mama and me are going to get you to the hospital as soon as we can," he spoke trying to choke back sobs. He felt extremely guilty in causing Starbloom's shoulder to hurt more from yesterday when she got off the sofa to comfort him.

Starbloom shuddered softly as she rested across Fluttershy's back gritting her teeth. She could feel the pain in her shoulder lessen at his rubbing. He lowered his head sadly as he felt Fluttershy gallop toward Ponyville General. He thought to himself 'This is all my fault', as they arrived at Ponyville General and Fluttershy hurried inside.

Fluttershy galloped up to the receptionist window where the head Nurse Redheart stood. "Nurse Redheart, please we need help." Fluttershy said, turning so she could see Toby and Starbloom on her back. "The young filly... on my back, she's hurt."

Nurse Redheart came around to took a look at the filly on Fluttershy's back. "Oh my this is bad, Nurse Tenderheart go get Dr. Goodhealth." Nurse Redheart said as she went to get a gurney and Nurse Redheart with Nurse Sweetheart helped get Starbloom onto the gurney.

Nurse Sweetheart took the gurney back to one of the examination rooms while Fluttershy and Toby sat in the lobby. Toby sat on a chair with his head lowered looking at his lap feeling sad and guilty. He turned over to Fluttershy "M... mama, it's all my fault Starbloom is hurt worse than she was," he started tearing up as Fluttershy pulled him to her side to try and comfort him.

"Shhh Toby sweetie, it wasn't your fault." Fluttershy said as she rubbed against his back to calm him down. "That was an accident and she forgave you for it. Please calm down she'll be alright in Dr. Goodhealth's care." Fluttershy continued smiling down at him.

Almost an hour after taking her back, Dr. Goodhealth came out. "Ms Fluttershy, I have looked over the young filly you brought in and the outlook isn't good. The damage to her shoulder is.... to be honest, I have only seen this type of damage on a filly who has been through years of abuse with out proper treatment."

Fluttershy's eyes widened when she heard what the doctor was telling her. "Dr. Goodhealth is there anything you can do to help her? I honestly don't know what has happen to her, all she would ever say is she was hurt and it never healed. She did.. jump off the couch and hurt it... I also think she might of fallen out of bed and hurt it again." Fluttershy said looking up at the doctor.

Toby bit his bottom lip before speaking up. "S.. she was stabbed, in the shoulder...." He said looking at Fluttershy. "I'm s.. sorry... it.. was part of the secret... b.. but I think the doctor should know"

Fluttershy smiled and rubbed his back softly nodding at him. "Yes Toby sweetie, the doctor should know that, it might help. Thank you for letting use know." She said softly to him then looked up at the doctor.

"Hmm that does explain a lot." Dr. Goodheart said as she listen the two explain what they knew. "From what we can tell, the nerves in her shoulder have been damaged, most likely from the fall or the jump some of them have been pushed in between the joint of her shoulder."

Fluttershy softly rubbed Toby's back as he was on the verge of tears again trying to calm him, he was again thinking this as his fault for her jumping off the couch to comfort him. "Shh it's okay Toby." she said softly before looking at the doctor. "Is... is there anything you can do?"

"I'm afraid the only option is surgery to repair as much of the damage as we can, the amount of pain medicine she would need to help would be to much for her small body. But we need permission from her guardian or a parent before we can do the surgery." He said looking at Fluttershy.

Fluttershy bit her bottom lip thinking for a moment before nodding. "I'm her guardian while she's here, I give permission to do the surgery." She said as firmly as she could, but she just hoped in the back of her mind she wasn't making a mistake.

The doctor held out a consent form in his magic and she signed it, once signed the doctor headed to the back to get Starbloom ready for the surgery. Fluttershy sat quietly in the waiting room holding Toby close to her in his lap as he shook softly, worried about what was going to happen to Starbloom. Fluttershy softly rubbing his back to keep him calm while she herself tried to stay calm.