• Published 12th Jul 2013
  • 1,288 Views, 149 Comments

Meeting of Worlds - A Crossover Story - L_Wolf



Mare Do Well, finds herself in sticky situation after magic lands her in a world that isn't her own.

  • ...
1
 149
 1,288

Pinkie Pie is Random

Chapter 17

Toby and Starbloom walked along the dirt path leading towards Ponyville, Toby pulling the wagon behind him holding a couple of baskets full of eggs for Sugar Cube Corner. After a few minutes of walking Toby looked over at Starbloom, “H... how are you feeling Starbloom, is y… your shoulder hurting?” he asked softly.

Starbloom looked back at Toby, “Yea, it’s alright Toby it doesn’t hurt or anything.” Starbloom smiled rolling her shoulder lightly showing it wasn’t hurting. “The doctor did a good job with it.”

“I’m g… glad if you get tired or start to h… hurt just tell me and we c… can stop so you can rest.” Toby assured as they kept walking towards Ponyville.

Starbloom smiled at him and nodded, “I will Toby, thank you.” She agreed she was happy to be active again though. It’s not that she didn’t like him pulling her in the wagon but it felt good to walk on her own hooves again.

It wasn’t too much longer before they reached Ponyville but it was near mid-day so the streets were crowded making their progress slower towards Sugar Cube Corner. Starbloom thought she caught a glimpse of the pony from the museum out of the corner of her eye but when she looked, she didn’t see her. I must have just imaged it. She thought to herself quietly.

Before too long they reached Sugar Cube Corner, instead of going to the front they went to the side entrance of the building and Toby knocked on the door to the kitchen. Mr. Cake opened the door and looked down smiling, “Hello Toby, who is your friend?” He asked smiling at the two.

“H… hello Mr. Cake, this is Starbloom. We brought t… the eggs you asked for.” He replied smiling back moving to show him the wagonload of eggs. “A… also if it’s not too much trouble can we visit with auntie Pinkie Pie?”

“Of course you can, I’m sure Pinkie would love a visit from you and your new friend.” Mr. Cake said moving to let them come in.

Toby smiled, he grabbed a basket of eggs to carry it inside. Starbloom used her magic to grab the other two baskets of eggs and carried them in as well; setting them down carefully in the spot Mr. Cake showed them.

“Thank you Toby, thank you Starbloom, here you go for your hard work.” Mr. Cake said giving them each a small bag of cookies. “And this is for your mother Toby, for the eggs.” He added giving Toby a small bag of bits.

“Thank you Mr. Cake,” Starbloom smiled taking the bag in her magic looking over at Toby.

“T… thank you Mr. Cake,” Toby smiled taking both bags. He put the bag of bits in his pocket for safekeeping and held the bag of cookies in his hand. He looked back at Starbloom. “Let’s go f… find Auntie Pinkie”

Starbloom smiled at Toby and nodded following him as they left the kitchen. It wasn’t hard to find Pinkie; she was at the sales counter taking care of the customers. “H… hello Auntie Pinkie Pie.” Toby greeted as he walked up to her.

“Hello my little wittle nephew Toby.” Pinkie smiled with a big grin looking over at him bouncing away from the counter. Mrs. Cake went over to take over, Pinkie paused mid bounce looking at Starbloom tilting her head before looking at Toby. “Did Twilight get turned into a filly?”

Starbloom resisted the urge to face hoof looking up at Pinkie Pie, “No, my name is Starbloom. It’s nice to meet you Pinkie Pie.” Starbloom said smiling at her then squeaked when Pinkie picked her up, squirming around in her grasp. “H… hey, Pinkie put me down!” Starbloom protested wiggling a bit more.

Toby looked rather confused at Pinkie’s actions when he picked up Starbloom, “A… auntie Pinkie? I d… don’t think she like that.” Toby said looking up at her, “I… think you should put her down.”

Pinkie finally put Starbloom down; Starbloom was flustered her mane and tail frizzed out. “She looks an awful lot like Twilight,” Pinkie observed rubbing her hoof with her chin leaning close eying Starbloom closer. “Maybe she’s her sister?”

This time Starbloom did face hoof and sighed. “Maybe we should talk someplace privately?” Starbloom suggested.

“Okie dokie lokie!” Pinkie exclaimed and bounced across the sales floor of the store with Starbloom and Toby following her heading up stairs to Pinkie Pie’s room. Once they got to the room, Starbloom made sure they were alone and took a deep breath closing the door looking over at Pinkie Pie.

“I am not Twilight’s sister; I’m her daughter from another dimension, that’s why I look so much like her. But please Pinkie don’t tell anyone alright?” Starbloom begged looking up at her.

Pinkie sat quietly for a few moments before smiling, “I won’t tell anyone Starbloom, it’s the least I could do for the daughter of my best friend.” Pinkie agreed reaching over and ruffling Starbloom’s mane with a hoof.

Toby and Starbloom smiled at Pinkie, “T… Thank you, auntie Pinkie.” Toby said.

“Thank you Pinkie, I don’t like keeping it a secret but I think it’s best not too many people know I’m not from this world.” Starbloom sighed softly moving to her hooves. “Trouble is another pony doesn’t belong here as well and she’s a bad pony.”

“Really, a bad pony like a spy or something?” Pinkie asked looking at Starbloom.

“More like a thief, she takes things that don’t belong to her.” Starbloom corrected looking back up at Pinkie Pie.

“What does this bad pony look like?” Pinkie Pie asked tilting her head. “I can help keep an eye out for her and let others know.”

Starbloom considered for a few minutes, “She’s a tan earth pony with an orange mane and tail with red highlights; she has a cutie mark of a gem and her eyes are blue.” Starbloom explained thinking for a moment, “I don’t know what her name is though, she’s pretty cunning so be careful if you see her. She’ll look like she’s about my age as well”

“I’ll keep an eye out for her Starbloom, you staying with Fluttershy and Toby?” Pinkie Pie asked smiling at her.

“Yea I am, thank you again Pinkie.” Starbloom smiled.

Toby smiled as well. “We s… should be getting home, it was g… good seeing you auntie Pinkie.”

“Was good seeing you to Toby, say hello to Fluttershy for me,” Pinkie Pie smiled opening the door and the three headed back downstairs.

“I will a… auntie Pinkie,” Toby agreed smiling at her, once they got downstairs Starbloom and Toby went through the kitchen waving to Mr. Cake who was baking more treats before going outside through the kitchen door to get the wagon. “Do y… you want to walk?” Toby asked looking at the wagon then at Starbloom.

Starbloom considered a moment doing her best to read Toby’s expressions before smiling at him. “The doctor did say not to overdo it,” Starbloom admitted climbing into the wagon and settling into place smiling up at him again setting her bag of cookies next to her.

Toby smiled back at her nodding as he picked up the handle of the wagon, after placing his bag of cookies with hers, and started to walk back to Fluttershy’s cottage pulling her in the wagon behind him.

Comments ( 15 )

Loved this chapter. Pinkie Pie is indeed random, and yes I believe she'll keep the secret. She is usually good with stuff like that. :pinkiehappy:

3427146 Yes she normally is good with secrets. Pinkie telling a secret... :pinkiegasp: Never!

Poor Starbloom thought, getting handled like that by Pinkie though, she needs to brush her mane and tail now. :twilightoops:
Kinda like this, only Starbloom isn't in crazy mode :derpytongue2:
images.wikia.com/mlp/images/archive/e/e8/20130523115815!Twilight_Sparkle_on_the_bench_S2E03.png

3427490 Oh, I know. Pinkie is indeed so random at times. :facehoof:

3428680 Yep, silly Pinkie Pie. :facehoof: At least Toby and Starlboom have cookies now :yay:

Oh next chapter if you have spare time later today I'll need your help for it. For Toby's part. The naughty pony is gonna show up. Maybe even Rainbow Dash. :rainbowdetermined2: But for now, gonna try sleeping. :ajsleepy:

3428781 Well, I got to go to work at 12 to 8 so I won't be able to help much, but maybe you can pm me of what might happen in the next chapter, then I can send you Toby's part. :pinkiehappy:

3429123 Hmm let me see what I can come up with. :derpytongue2: I'm honestly not to sure what happens yet.

3427490 Starbloom SHOULD go crazy.

4624431
But Starbloom doesn't wanna go crazy. :twilightoops:

4625446 Well I don't wanna build a snowman but that's just how it is.

4627127
But it's not snowing... is it? :pinkiegasp:

4630125 Somewhere I'm sure.

Are you having trouble with the next chapter?

6829893
It's not that, I just haven't had much motivation lately.

Long it has been. Are you still interested in writing?

Login or register to comment