• Published 12th Jul 2013
  • 1,289 Views, 149 Comments

Meeting of Worlds - A Crossover Story - L_Wolf



Mare Do Well, finds herself in sticky situation after magic lands her in a world that isn't her own.

  • ...
1
 149
 1,289

Meeting Sweetie Belle, Starbloom and Toby's emotional memories.

Chapter 13

Sweetie Belle smiled at Toby and Starbloom, "What are you two up to?" Sweetie asked watching the two. She noticed the bandage on Starbloom's shoulder and arm. "Oh my, what happen to you? Looks serious"

Toby looked at Starbloom then at Sweetie Belle smiling, "W.. we're visiting Auntie Rarity, I was i.. introducing her to Starbloom," he said smiling. He looked over at Starbloom again.

Starbloom took a deep breath and smiled, trying not to look awkward. "I... hurt my shoulder kind of bad, the doctor had to fix it for me." She said nodding slowly.

Sweetie smiled at Toby before looking over at Starbloom tilting her head a bit. "I'm really sorry to hear about your shoulder Starbloom. I hope you feel better soon." She said reaching over to give Starbloom a hug.

"I.. I'll be alright, it's just a little sore." Starbloom said then almost panicked when Sweetie gave her the hug. She did her best to keep from pushing her away and return the hug.

Toby noticed the panicked look when Sweetie hugged Starbloom. Once Sweetie broke away from the hug he went over to them, "S.. Sweetie, if I could... I would like to talk to Starbloom alone... if that's alright," he asked Sweetie then looked at Starbloom.

Sweetie blinked looking at Starbloom then at Toby, "Sure, I'll go talk to my sister," she said smiling before going over to talk to Rarity.

Once Sweetie had went to talk to Rarity, Toby and Starbloom go over to a more private corner of the shop. "Starbloom, w.. what's the matter? You s... seem nervous or freaked out." Toby asked her.

Starbloom looked over at Sweetie and Rarity before looking back at Toby lowering her eyes. "It's.... just hard seeing her. In my world, me and Sweetie are very close.... married in fact." She said quietly so only Toby could hear, she looked at him trying to hold back some tears.

Toby looked at Starbloom, seeing her nearly in tears. He leans over and gives her a soft hug rubbing her back softly before whispering in her ear. "I... I'm sorry Starbloom... I.. I know it's hard. Would it.... be easier if we went home?" he asked her before leaning back.

Starbloom looked at him then over at Sweetie, she took a slow deep breath before looking back at Toby. "I.... yes... I think I wanna go home. If your okay with it." She said softly looking at the floor.

Toby reached over and gave her another hug nodding softly. "I'll let Rarity a... and Sweetie know that w... we'll be going now," he said before releasing the hug and going over to where Sweetie and Rarity was sitting.

"Is everything alright Toby sweetie?" Rarity asked looking over at Starbloom who was still sitting in the corner. "Is something the matter?"

"Starbloom is... she's feeling sick, so I... I'm going to take her home." Toby said looking at Rarity then over at Sweetie, "It was.. nice to see you both again."

"Well... alright Toby, I hope she's feeling better soon." Rarity said looking at him then back over at Starbloom. "Tell your mother I said hello."

Toby nodded at Rarity giving her a light smile. "I will auntie Rarity, w... was nice to see you again. Y.. you as well Sweetie Belle." He said smiling at Sweetie as well before going over to Starbloom.

Rarity and Sweetie both said good bye to them as they left the shop. Starbloom climbed up into the wagon and curled up in it. Toby picked up the handle of the wagon and started to pull it home.

A short way through town Starbloom looked up at Toby, "I... I'm sorry about that... I tried to keep myself together." She said resting her head on the edge of the wagon.

Toby looked back over his shoulder at Starbloom giving her a soft smile. "I.. it's alright Starbloom," He slowly stopped pulling the wagon, and carefully turned toward Starbloom. "P...please don't be sad S...Starbloom. I...I know what it is like t... to not keep myself together." He gave her a warm smile, and very carefully reached over to give her very gentle hug, so not to hurt her shoulder.

Starbloom hugged him back careful of her shoulder nuzzling his shoulder lightly before tilting her head. "Y.. you had trouble keeping yourself together to?" She asked letting go of the hug and sat back looking at him quietly. "What.. happen?"

Toby gave her a sad smile, and let out a heavy sigh. "W... well it was our school talent show, and I wanted to play the piano so I could say goodbye to my Mommy, because when she l...left me, I was unable to say goodbye." He carefully turned away to not let Starbloom see that he was on the verge of tears. He started shuddering a little with sobs. "W...when it was m...my turn to play, I...I couldn't." He lowered his head allowing his tears to flow.

Starbloom watched him quietly as he explained, she moved to get out of the wagon and hugged him softly from behind. "I.. I'm sorry you had to remember that." She said softly nuzzling his shoulder, "How.. did you manage to play the piano though?" She asked her curiosity getting the better of her.

He let out a soft sigh, turning to Starbloom with a little smile "T...thank you Starbloom." He thanked her for the nuzzle on the shoulder and comforting hug. He reached up to wipe at his tears with a hand, sniffling. "A...as I sat there, afraid that I couldn't play the piano, I...I heard my Mommy's voice. I...I saw her sitting beside me, a...and she told me that since the day I...I was born, she was the proudest mother in the world." He turned his head away a bit crying a little harder.

"A...after she told me she was p...proud of me, and s...she loved me, I...I was able to say goodbye. T...then I was able to play the piano." He kept his head turned a little bit so Starbloom didn't see him cry.

Starbloom listen to him quietly as he explained everything to her. She lowered her head a bit thinking it over in her mind before moving around in front of him and reared up to give him another hug resting her head on his shoulder rubbing his back with her hoof softly. "I... I'm glad you got to say goodbye." She said nuzzling his shoulder softly, "I... know how it feels to not have closure after a lose like that." She said softly feeling tears swell up again, her thoughts going back to her original world and to Spike, she herself never got to say goodbye to him.

Toby gently hugged her back, rubbing along her back softly. As they released the hug, Toby carefully helped Starbloom back into the wagon, and walked to the front to grab the handle. He looked over his shoulder to check, and make sure she was okay, giving her a warm smile, and started pulling the wagon, heading toward home.

Starbloom was feeling a little better, but she still felt sad about Spike and Toby's mother. She wasn't laying in the wagon anymore though, she was sitting upright in it watching him as he pulls it back towards the cottage. She kept quiet though her mind going back to her original world and her second home world to when Silver Spoon had been killed.

After getting back to the cottage, Toby helped Starbloom from the wagon and started towards the front door. "Toby... wait..." She said causing him to stop and look over at her. She started down the small path to the bridge moving to the water's edge sitting down. Toby followed after her and sat next to her.

"W.. what is it... Starbloom?" He asked looking at her softly. He reached over and put a hand on her unhurt shoulder.

Starbloom looked into the water quietly for a few moments. "I know... you probably wouldn't ask but I felt I should explain how I know what you felt...." She started closing her eyes to let the memories come back. "It was, a long time ago... back when I was still Twilight... I was working on an experiment in the lab..... when it happen. I got to eager for it to work and...." She stopped to gather herself together feeling fresh tears start to form in her eyes.

Toby looked deeply concerned for Starbloom, and very gently rubbed at her non-injured shoulder. "I...it's okay S...Starbloom...you don't have to continue if you don't want to. I...I don't want to you make you feel sad." He gave her a sad smile, and very carefully hugged her, making sure not to hurt her injured shoulder.

Starbloom nuzzled herself into his shoulder when he hugged her resting her head on it softly. She was shuddering softly as she started to cry softly. "I... killed Spike.... the experiment exploded and he was gone. I never got to tell him good bye or anything." She said softly wrapping her forelegs around him softly.

Toby frowned as he felt her shuddering against him, and he very carefully rubbed at her back soothingly. "Shh... S...Starbloom. I...it was an accident, a...and it wasn't your fault. J...just like my Mommy's death was an a...accident, I finally stopped blaming myself." He felt a little guilty about not telling her the real reason why his mother died, but making her feel better was his main concern.

Starbloom started to settle down a little as he spoke. She listened to him quietly as she softly cried into his shoulder. After a few more moments she released the hug and sat back on the bank of the small river sniffling softly wiping her eyes with her hoof. "T.. thank you... Toby... it's been so long but I still feel the loose. I know, he doesn't blame me for it." She said softly looking at the ground quietly then back at him smiling softly.

Toby gave her a warm smile, and thought of something. "S...Starbloom, I...if it is okay for me to ask, d...do you have something personal of Spike's when y...you return to your world?" He asked very softly.

Starbloom shook her head softly sighing softly. "No... I don't have anything of his anymore.... I.." She looked away for a moment before continuing. "I was arrested, after Spike died I panicked and attacked some royal guards then ran away.... I was eventually caught and taken to Canterlot... that's how I ended up in my new home world." She said softly before looking back at him.

Toby frowned at her "I...I'm s...sorry Starbloom. I...I shouldn't have asked that. I...I didn't mean to bring up bad memories for you." He looked at her concerned, rubbing at her back gently. "I...I know, I...I might have something of Uncle Spike's. W...we went gem hunting one day, a...and he gave me one of his fire rubies that he said I...I could keep for being a great little nephew." He smiled warmly at Starbloom.

Starbloom smiled at him softly. "It.. it's alright, you don't need to apologize. I do have a Spike in my new home world... he helped raise me when I turned into a filly... the first time. It was a little hard at first, but we grew close. I miss him as well, but when I get home I'll see him again." She said relaxing as he rubbed her back gently again.

He smiled softly at her, and continued to rub at her back gently "O...okay Starbloom. I...I am glad you will be able to see him again when you get back home." He smiled softly as he looked up at the sky, watching Celestia's sun slowly begin to set. He looked at Starbloom "W....well, it looks like i...it is getting night time. W...we should be getting home, b...before Momma gets worried." He gently asked her "A...are you ready S...Starbloom?"

Starbloom nodded at him looking up at the sky herself before moving to her hooves. "Yea, I'm ready. I wouldn't want Fluttershy to worry about us being out late." She said watching him quietly, once he stood up she walked with him towards the cottage letting him open the door for her before going inside.

Author's Note:

A big thank you to APoeticHeart for helping me write this chapter.