• Published 6th Jul 2013
  • 6,510 Views, 150 Comments

The Party Animal and the Bookworm - Wolfie 03



There's a new unicorn in town and she's just learning about friendship, something that the local pink baker excels at. Pinkie's mission, to bring the joy of friendship to Twilight even if she actually hopes for more.

  • ...
7
 150
 6,510

A collection of notes on a certain pink chaotic mare - Edited!

“Spike, what I have been saying about focus?”

“I know, but I, well...”

“What's wrong, Spike? Never thought you'd see me with an umbrella hat on?”

“Not really, no.”

“Pinkie's tail's twitching. What else can I do?” Everyone shared a laugh.

Just as Twilight finished dictating her latest report to the Princess, Spike became flustered once more.

“Ummm, Twilight?”

“What is it Spike?”

“I, ah, the report, um... I think we used the invisible ink.” Spike scuffed a foot along the floor, worried about the purple unicorn's reaction to having to re-write the whole thing again.


Twilight raised a brow and looked over at the hyperactive mare next to her who was trying to hold back her laughter. As Twilight smirked at her, Pinkie Pie lost control of her laughing and fell onto her back, rolling with laughter.

“Ah ha ha ha, my gosh Twilight, aha ha ha ha, you should really, ha ha *snort * check twice ha ha ha when writing letters!” Pinkie managed to laugh out as she wiped at her laughter-induced teary eyes with a hoof.

Twilight sighed as she shook her head and levitated a fresh bottle over to the dragon who began to re-write the report with only minimal reminders of what was said.


“Did you want to do anything else today Twilight? It was super fun when you were secretly following me!” Pinkie smiled at the unicorn while her tail continued to twitch. Pinkie looked at her tail with a hoof to her chin and began to worry about the purple unicorn, so much had happened to Twilight that day because of all the predictions.

“How did you even know that I was following you? And it's still not safe yet? I thought YOU fell.” Twilight nudged the earth pony who grinned back.

“I knew you were there because of my Pinkie Sense! And I guess that something else is going to fall... You should stick with me Twilight! I'll protect you from your bad day!” The pink mare slung a hoof around Twilight's shoulders while checking their surroundings for anything else that may fall.

Twilight blushed at the close contact and couldn't help but take in the baker's unique scent. (Hmmm, vanilla, icing and something else...)

Twilight blinked, realizing that she had spaced out and hadn't responded to the pink mare's statement, which was causing Pinkie to watch Twilight carefully in case something had already fell onto the purple mare.

“Oh, of course. I should have known it was that... I would like to hang out more with you Pinkie. What would you like to do?” Twilight asked as she let her mind wander as to why she was acting this way around the party mare.

“Oooo! How about we go get something to eat from Sugarcube Corner?! You look like you can use some pick-me-up cupcakes!” Pinkie shouted as she grabbed Twilight's hoof and pulled her towards the door.


(Maybe she's hungry? Getting hit by lots of things must really take it out of her, getting her some sugar should help get things back to normal! Cupcakes almost never fail! The only other thing that does even better are parties, but I don't have any of the supplies for a 'pick-me-up-because-I-got-so-hurt' party. Hmm, I'll just keep that as the back up plan.)


“Heh heh, sure Pinkie.” Twilight smirked at the almost expected response of the baker, which was that cupcakes could fix just about most issues.

(Pinkie Pie is practically a cupcake herself, from the way she smells to how she cheers up everypony else. Full of energy, very sweet, even her mane looks like it's a topping of a cupcake....! Is that why I've been craving cupcakes lately? I've actually just wanted Pinkie Pie? Wait, does that mean that I... like her? As in LIKE her like her...? Well, I mean sure, she's a very special pony, and there aren't any who are similar, unless her family is...) At the thought of her family, Twilight shuddered, worried there may be many more Pinkie Pie-like ponies running around someplace. As she came out of her musings, she noticed that they were just walking into Sugarcube Corner and Pinkie Pie was just ordering some cupcakes for the pair of them.


As the two ponies sat at one of the tables, Twilight contemplated on how to pose her new questions to the mare in front of her. She looked about the room for distraction and inspiration, but it was a slow day for the bakery and nopony else was around. Even the Cakes were in the back, making more treats to restock their shop with.

Just as Pinkie Pie was getting even more worried and considering drastic measures (a few dozen cupcakes should help!) Twilight cleared her throat and looked into blue eyes. Though this proved to be a distraction from the original question than helpful.


“Pinkie Pie, where did you get your Pinkie Sense?” Twilight waved her hooves reassuringly when she saw the frown beginning to form on the pink muzzle. “No no, don't worry, I know it's real and that's it's a part of you. I just want to know if you have always been able to do this or or if there are other family members you may have that can do it.”


Pinkie's face cleared of worry, pleased that Twilight didn't doubt her abilities and even wanted to know more about her and her family.

“I've always had my Pinkie Sense! At first I so totally didn't know what it all meant, though I started to figure it out slowly, especially as certain things kept happening. Actually, it got a lot stronger after I got my Cutie Mark!” Twilight realized she may want to take notes about all of this and magicked a scroll and quill out of thin air, having just teleported them from the library.

“You see, after I made that super awesome party for my family to make them happy, they realized they were being grumpy silly pants about how the rest of my family live and act and brought Marble and Limestone and me to our Nana Pinkie and Granny Pie!” Pinkie paused for a breath as Twilight began to wave her hooves around to get the pink mare to slow down. Once Twilight got Pinkie's attention, the purple mare rubbed her temple with a hoof to help her think.

“Ok, hang on. What party? How many siblings do you have? What other family members? Why would your parents be upset with the rest of your family?” Twilight asked as she stared at the party mare, feeling like she jumped into the middle of a story that had long since been going on.

“Weeellll, my family lives and works on a rock farm! There's my dad, my mom, my three sisters and me. I'm the second oldest! I threw a party for my family so that they could be happy and that's how I got my Cutie Mark! After the party, my mom realized that she was being a silly filly about arguing with my Granny Pie and Nana Pinkie about how to run a rock farm and how a pony should live their life and so she took us to visit them after that! That was when my Pinkie Sense started to get stronger and my Granny Pie noticed and taught me ALLLL about it because she has it too and asked if any of my other sisters had it and they didn't but that was ok. And then I started to learn all sorts of things from my Granny Pie and Nana Pinkie!”

Twilight was writing so quickly to keep up with all the information that her quill began to smoke. She blew on it and the paper so that nothing caught on fire and the ink would dry quickly.

“Ok, so you have two grandmothers, one of whom has a 'Pinkie Sense'? Any grandfathers? Which grandmother is on which side of the family?” Twilight began to try and make a family tree for Pinkie, to help organize her thoughts about the hyper mare in front of her.

“Oh no no no no no no. They're not on different sides of the family, we're all one great big family! Granny Pie and Nana Pinkie are really happy together, even though Granny Pie was married to Shepard Pie before he passed away, and then she got together with Nana Pinkie, which my mom didn't seem to like at first but then after my make-everypony-happy party, she didn't seem to mind it anymore. She did say I was named for both Granny and Nana, which doesn't make sense but does make sense, since neither one is 'Pinkie Pie' but if you ADD the two names then you get 'Pinkie Pie' and my mom told me that when I was born she knew right away that I would be special especially since I was pink just like Granny Pie!”



Pinkie chatted on while keeping an eye on the purple unicorn who was desperately trying to keep up with her writing. The party mare was worried that Twilight wasn't feeling well still, they had a whole pile of cupcakes and she only had one so far while Pinkie had at least four, well, maybe seven. Alright, more like two dozen.


As the pink mare ate some more cupcakes, Twilight put the finishing touches on her copy of the explanation. She was pleased to learn more about the mare she was falling for, but some of this was confusing to take in at once. Twilight put a note at the top of the scroll to revisit it later on after the rush of words weren't effecting the purple mare's thought process (trying to keep up with high speed speech takes up most of the brain's power after all).


“Ok, well, thanks Pinkie, for telling me all this. Uhm, was there anything else you wanted to do together?” Twilight magicked the scroll to the library, having already taken up all the space with her notes on the pink mare before her.

Pinkie Pie was still worried that Twilight wasn't feeling well and pondered for a moment on what could be done.

(Even cupcakes aren't working! Maybe she's been studying too much, she needs some fresh air and sunlight! The park! Time to be a relax pants!)

“Yep! Let's go to the park! There's, ah, something I want to show you!” Pinkie Pie tried to think of a reason why Twilight should go to the park, it would have to be something good to keep the studious pony away from her books.

Twilight raised a brow at the vagueness of the request, but went along with it anyways. She followed the hyper mare out of the store and to the park, once again wrapped up in her own thoughts.


(I wonder if her 'Granny Pie' or 'Nana Pinkie' bounce along like she does. I'm not sure if I'm happy to know that her family has these genes in the bloodline or not, perhaps since Pinkie herself has these traits any foals she has won't get them... but … I don't want her to be with somepony else!) Twilight almost came to a complete stop at the thought of Pinkie Pie dating somepony else, but she realized she was getting left behind and didn't want to worry the pink mare.

(… Just because her grandmothers are in a same gender relationship doesn't mean that she would want the same. But it could also mean that she wouldn't mind such a relationship, having shown no anger or annoyance at her family's relationships... Maybe I do have a chance.

There would be one good thing about dating her, I wouldn't feel the need to eat so many cupcakes! I can't believe that I only ate one! One! I've had whole boxes while studying and multitasking without noticing but while sitting next to Pinkie Pie I didn't want that many at all!

How does she travel like that? It's as though she cannot simply walk someplace, she must hop, bounce, skip, jump, zoom... I wouldn't think it possible had I not seen it myself. It's rather interesting how her mane and tail remain the same no matter how she travels. And to travel in such a way while still saying hi to everypony around her that she can remember everything about! How does she do it?...)


Pinkie Pie was unaware how the purple unicorn's attention was on the pink mare and her many feats and antics, though Pinkie did notice how quiet Twilight was being. Had they not already arrived at the park, she would have taken Twilight back to the library and checked that all the injuries she had gotten that day didn't hurt her badly.

“Here we are Twilight!” Pinkie loudly exclaimed, staring into the purple mare's eyes, trying to see if she was among them or not.

Twilight gave a small start, having lost track of her surroundings while she thought.

“Oh, ok. Uhm, what was it you wanted to show me?” Twilight glanced around so as to avoid getting lost in sky blue eyes.

“Oh! Uh, ah, this right here!” Pinkie pointed a hoof a nearby tree with a big grin on her face.

Twilight gave her a blank look though a smile was trying to creep its way onto her face.

“That's an oak tree, native to these climates and location. Is that really what you wanted to show me?” Twilight couldn't fight the smile as she watched the usually on top of things pony become flustered.

“Oh, uh, well I thought it was a really neat looking tree! Makes you want to sit out in the sunlight and enjoy the fresh air and not move and totally relax.” Pinkie explained as she skipped over to the tree in question and sat beneath it, patting the seat next to her in a sign for Twilight to join her there.

Twilight smiled as she shook her head and sat next to the party mare and looked out at the park, waiting to see if there was anything else behind the mysterious request.

“Hey Twilight, you are feeling better right? You took a lot of hits and ouchies today,” came the quiet quarry from the mare next to her.

Twilight froze, she had forgotten all the almost-comical pains she went through that day. She smiled even wider as she realized that was why Pinkie was acting a little off during the afternoon, the pink mare was worried for her.

“I'm fine Pinkie. I'm a fast healer, and I know a few spells that help things along. It comes with being a student in all things magical, you have to have a high resistance to injuries and an ability to recover quickly.” Twilight explained while looking at the pink mare.

Pinkie smiled once more and sighed in relief. She was starting to worry that her Pinkie Sense was nothing but trouble for the mare of her dreams.

“That's good, it's no fun when somepony is sick or hurt, and then everyone's sad and no one can have fun or go to parties or anything! Was there something you wanted to do Twilight? I didn't really have a reason to be in the park, I just thought you needed a break from all that studying, you can't be a smarty smart smart pants all the time.” Pinkie Pie scuffed a hoof along the grass in front of them at having to admit that she didn't have a real reason to get the purple mare out in the open air.

“Heh heh, that's what I started to think was going on. I don't mind staying like this for a while longer, it is nice to take a break from studying every now and then. I put off the whole day's schedule anyways when I first started to try and figure out how your Pinkie Sense worked anyways.” Twilight laughed lightly as she rested her head on her hooves and enjoyed the park and mare next to her.

Pinkie gave an even larger smile at this and settled down properly, ready to enjoy the day with the pony she liked the most.

Author's Note:

Yes, I changed this whole chapter practically. I didn't like how the 'monologues' turned out and they were the first two things I edited. Since I had it ready, I figured I should just post it, wouldn't want a major disruption of the story left.