• Published 6th Jul 2013
  • 6,510 Views, 150 Comments

The Party Animal and the Bookworm - Wolfie 03



There's a new unicorn in town and she's just learning about friendship, something that the local pink baker excels at. Pinkie's mission, to bring the joy of friendship to Twilight even if she actually hopes for more.

  • ...
7
 150
 6,510

Addicted to Cupcakes - Edited!

It was another sunny day in Ponyville and all was quiet; until the residential party pony woke suddenly and sprang out of bed.

Pinkie Pie blasted from the bed, ready to greet the day. She looked around her light pink room, in search of a little green.

“Hey Gummy! Ready for today? I can tell it's going to be another super-riffic day today!” Pinkie said as she lifted the alligator by his mid-section and spun him around.

Gummy was used to his owner's antics and showed little reaction, though this did not deter the pink mare. The alligator blinked one eye at a time at his owner as they spun around. After spinning for a few minutes, Pinkie set him down on the bed and ran to the window, throwing it open with a bang.

“Gooooooood morning Ponyville! It's another fab-ab-abulous day!” And with that shout Pinkie Pie shut the windows just as quickly and hopped down the stairs to start the early morning baking.



Pinkie Pie didn't want to miss an instant of fun so she always got an early start. Once the first few dozen of everything were done and Mr and Mrs Cake were up and setting up the next few batches, Pinkie Pie went out front to open the store. Usually Pinkie Pie watched the store in the morning and had the afternoon off so that she can have fun and host all sorts of parties around town, though sometimes they switched so she could do stuff in the morning too.


Lately the first customer of the day has been Twilight Sparkle who would order some cupcakes and today was no exception.

( Ooooh, I hope Twilight comes again today! I have a new flavor of cupcake that she's just going to love! Wait, wait, wait, I think that's her now! OoooOOhhHH~~)

The door opened and in walked the lavender unicorn looking around at the shop before resting her gaze upon the pink pony hopping in place behind the counter.

“Heya Twilight! Early again huh? You're my first customer of the day! Again! Gosh, you must LOVE these cupcakes! Oh oh! I have one you haven't tried yet, didja want a Blue Red Purple Berry Merry Cupcake? OH OH! I just made some Chocolate Chocobos, want some of those? Do, Do do Dodo, do do Do do DOOO~!” Pinkie finished in a chipper, somewhat poultry tone.

Twilight smiled at how very odd Pinkie Pie could be and decided not to comment on the somewhat out of place tune.

“Hi Pinkie, yes, I'd like some cupcakes. I'll take some of the new ones you suggested and two of the chocolaty chocolate ones please. What are you up to today?” Twilight asked as she trotted over to the counter, where Pinkie Pie was rapidly gathering the desired cupcakes.

“Oh you know me! I'll be baking in the morning and partying the afternoon away! What are you doing today? Do you need lots of sugar for it? I have more sugary treats in the back!” Pinkie Pie asked as she handed over the paper box of cupcakes.

“No, thanks Pinkie, I don't need extra sugar for my studies. I'm learning about some of the more traditional holidays and histories of Ponyville...”

As Twilight went into detail about what she was going to learn about that day, Pinkie Pie couldn't help but be a little distracted while she listened to her favorite pony explain what she would be learning that day.



(Aww, Twilight looks like she has a lot of studying planned. Guess my surprise-the-bookpony-party this afternoon will have to wait. I better make sure she has LOTS of energy to get through all those books she's going to be reading... Though I should schedule a 'check on the studying like crazy pony' time, just to make sure she's going to make it. Okie dokie lokie! Extra cupcakes and an extra helping of Pinkie Pie later today! Just what the party pony ordered!)

“Thanks for the cupcakes Pinkie Pie. You sure can make some yummy treats!” Twilight called as she walked out of the store while levitating her cupcakes.

“Thanks Twilight, I've had a lot of practice! I'll see you around! And remember not to go overboard!” Pinkie Pie yelled to the leaving figure as she waved a hoof goodbye.


“Hey Twilight. Hhmm, smells like cupcakes! Did you go to Sugarcube Corner again? They make the best treats this side of Ponyville!” Spike exclaimed as he greeted the unicorn by the door and followed her to her desk, where she opened the boxes and shared their contents with the young dragon.

As the dragon enjoyed the snack, Twilight began to levitate the needed items for the upcoming study session. Including her checklist of what to have when beginning a study session AND her checklist of what to have at the end of a study session.



Once all the cupcakes were devoured (Twilight wouldn't want to risk getting icing on her report!) Twilight dug into her books, which were about the history of Ponyville.

[And so the Apple Family was granted cupcakes from the Princess...]

(... Wait. What? Cupcakes? That can't be right.)

[And so the Apple Family was granted the land south of Canterlot to settle upon by the Princess...
After their first successful harvest of Zap Apples, which is a mythical fruit from the mysterious forest of Cupcakes...]

(... Oooh, a forest of cupcakes, sounds like something Pinkie Pie would- wait wait wait... Let's try this again....)

[... mythical fruit from the mysterious EverFree Forest, settlers, led by one Stinkin' Rich, began to make cupcakes...]

Twilight closed her eyes and shook her head for a minute.

( Focus Twilight, focus. You just had cupcakes this morning, you'll be fine. You will! Now, from the beginning...)

[And so the Apple Family was granted the land south of Canterlot to settle upon by the Princess. After their first successful harvest of Zap Apples, which is a mythical fruit from the mysterious EverFree Forest, settlers, led by one Stinkin' Rich, began to occupy the land nearby. This attracted more cupcakes that soon lived there along with their relatives, the pies. Pies come in all colors, but most notable is the notorious Pinkie Pie....]

(Alright, that's it! No more studying.... I can't believe I'm saying this! I'll go and further my studies of the Magic of Friendship instead and come back to this when my mind is NOT on a certain food or its creator.)



Twilight got up from her desk with a sigh. She couldn't seem to focus today and she had no idea why. Spike looked over shocked that Twilight was getting up after not even 10 minutes of study; he's seen her go whole weekends before leaving her place at the desk. He wasn't sure if he should be worried for his safety or not and decided on simply following the lavender mare before making any decisions.


Twilight headed for Applejack's first, hoping that some manual labor would help distract her mind from its current topic. She found her orange friend applebucking in the West Orchard.

“Well Howdy Twilight! What can Ah do ya fer? Don't normally see ya about this early in the day.” Applejack paused in her bucking, looking towards the unicorn.

“Hi Applejack. I was just wondering if you needed any help with the farm today. I'm taking a break from my studies and thought some physical labor might help my thought process.” Twilight said as she looked about the farm in curiosity.

“Well, sorry hun, but Ah've got it under control fer real this time. Big Mac is feeling fine again and is working in the East Orchard and Applebloom is working on her chores at the barn.... Ah thank ya kindly for coming ta offer yer help, but we're pretty good here.” Applejack stated as she lifted her hat to wipe her forehead with a hoof.

Twilight didn't quite hear the cowpony as she was looking at the nearby trees, whose fruits of burden were (cupcakes? Really?! Even outside in the air and sun they are GROWING cupcakes? Twilight, you've gone too far with this. I guess helping Applejack won't work out like I hoped.) Twilight sighed as she turned around and headed towards the edge of Ponyville next.

The orange earth pony was a little confused about her friend's lack of reply and slightly down demeanor but shrugged. Trees waited for nopony and they had a harvest to collect.


Twilight made her way towards Flutterhsy's cottage next, perhaps there was something she could do there. If nothing else, maybe she could learn a little bit more about animals from a first-hoofed perspective. As she trotted up the lane to the little cottage, she noticed a blue blur was flying around in the sky overhead. Twilight knocked on the door but didn't get any response.

“Hello? Fluttershy? Anypony home?” Twilight walked around to the backside of the cottage and saw her quarry sitting on a hill a little farther away from the house.

Twilight walked slowly and announced her presence a little bit away from the extremely shy mare, in order to not startle her as much.

“Hi Fluttershy. What are you doing?” Twilight winced as the shy pony still jumped and took off for a nearby bush, while peeking out with wide frightened eyes.

“Oh, I'm sorry Fluttershy, I didn't mean to -”

“HEY! Who's bothering Fluttershy and interrupting my awesome performance?! Oh, it's just you Twilight. What'cha doing around here bookworm?” Rainbow Dash asked as she landed in front of the bush Fluttershy was hiding in.

“Oh... um... hello Twilight.... I'm sorry.... I didn't notice you there ….. uh umm.... and you startled me...... sorry....” Fluttershy slowly came out of the bush and stood near the cyan pony looking at the purple one while hiding behind her mane, though she did peek out to check that she hadn't upset the unicorn by being so startled.

“No no, it's ok Fluttershy. Like I said, I didn't mean to scare you. I was just coming over to see if you were doing anything that would need help with.” Twilight reassured the pony while waving a hoof to emphasize her point.

“Weelll, I was in the middle of an extremely radically awesome performance. Did you want to watch as well, Twilight?” Rainbow Dash asked as she flapped her wings open and hovered in spot.

“Um, sure. Thanks Rainbow.” Twilight said as she sat next to the yellow mare who turned to watch the cyan peagasus take off for the skies once more.


After a few minutes of breath taking stunts, Twilight began to notice the shapes of nearby clouds...


(Ooo, that one looks like it has those yummy pink sprinkles on it, and that one is a triple layer cupcake with just the right amount of icing on top and – ARRGGG! Not again! This is no good either. So Applejack is out, Rainbow and Fluttershy are out, maybe Rarity has something that can take my mind off of this current topic!)


Twilight got up without a word to either of her friends and walked back into town.


“Hey, where'd the egghead go?” Rainbow asked after having looked at her audience once she was done with her performance.

“Um, I'm not sure... sorry....eep...” Fluttershy cowered a little in place as she looked up at Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow merely sighed and shrugged.

“Well, she's missing out on some awesome tricks! But we really need to work on your cheering Fluttershy...” Rainbow said while glaring at her friend who merely eeped in worry.


As Twilight walked up to the Boutique, she heard a distinct lack of noise from the building. Closer inspection showed that nopony was home, Rarity having gone out to collect more gem stones for her dresses.



(Hmmm, perhaps Spike would want to help her collect those, though he may just try to eat them all first. I'll make a note to ask her when she gets back if she wants Spike to help her with that.... But now I have nothing to do! And I still can't stop thinking about CUPCAKES!........ )


Twilight began to walk around town, hoping to find something to take her mind off of the wondrous treats. It wasn't working so well, since she now saw almost everypony else as cupcakes.

(And there is a gray one with yellow frosting and there's a cupcake riding on a scooter....And hey look! A PINK cupcake! With Cotton candy on top. How interesting. Wait, is that cupcake speaking to me?) Twilight's eyes began to refocus and she could hear her friend's voice even clearer as the cupcake vision swayed and faded away to show a very concerned Pinkie Pie in its place.


“... Oh my gosh! Spike was so totally right! You aren't focusing at all and not even hearing anypony and that only happens when you have a book but you don't even have a book! And now you're looking at me even funnier than before when you were drooling a little and muttering about cupcakes and ….”


Twilight shook her head vigorously to clear it of the icing covered treats and looked back at the pink mare in front of her.


“I'm sorry Pinkie Pie. I can't seem to focus on much right now and was just about to head back to the library to take a nap or something... maybe some tea... tea would go well with some cupcakes.... ARGGG! NOOOooooo!!” Twilight raised her fore-hooves to the sky as cupcakes invaded her mind once more. It didn't help that Pinkie smelled like the treats since she rushed over from the bakery to check on the purple mare.


(Oh no! Twilight's going to lose it again! If only I knew what it was about, then I could help. Hang on a horse drawing minute, did she say cupcakes? OH! Maybe all those cupcakes I had her taste test made her want to learn how to make her own and so now she's just too embarrassed to ask me how to make them!)

“Don't worry Twilight! Your aunty Pinkie Pie is going to help!” Pinkie declared as she patted Twilight's head as the lavender pony stood on all four hooves once more, panting heavily.

Twilight blinked, unsure if she heard her friend properly. “Huh?”

“There's no reason to be shy silly-filly! I'll teach you how to make the most awesome cupcakes ever!” Pinkie said as she pulled Twilight along by one hoof, while still bouncing a little as they headed for the bakery.


Twilight gulped as she realized how she never did explain to her friends about her skills -or lack there of- for cooking of any kind.


“Hey Mr. and Mrs. Cake! I'm going to show Twilight how to make the bestest cupcakes in Equestria! So we'll be in the kitchen!” Pinkie shouted as she quickly led Twilight to the back kitchen to start her teaching session.

Mr. and Mrs. Cake looked at each other and shrugged. Hopefully nothing would go wrong and Pinkie would be able to help out in case they got super busy today.


After three dozen different types of cupcakes, two different kinds of cakes, and four dozen different kinds of cookies, Pinkie Pie was told by the Cakes that they couldn't keep using the store's supplies to teach Twilight how to cook. Twilight hung her head and scuffed her hooves against the floor. Pinkie nodded to the Cakes and turned to the saddened unicorn.

“Awww, Twilight, your last batch was pretty good! You'll get the hang it in no time, I know it! Let's go to your place and continue baking! I just know we'll get to cupcake level in no time.” Pinkie Pie said as she put a leg over Twilight's shoulder.

Twilight smiled meekly at the party pony's attempt at cheering her up, though she gave a small shudder at the thought of more baking.

“No no, it's ok Pinkie. Thanks for trying anyways. I'm just not meant for cooking. I'll leave you to your work.” Twilight said as she headed for the back door.

“Awww, if you're sure Twilight. Here, take the best cupcake that we made today and you let me know if there's anything your ol' auntie Pinkie Pie can do to help.” Pinkie said as she picked up a pink with purple icing cupcake and gave it to Twilight.

Twilight smiled and took the cupcake with her magic.

“Thanks again Pinkie Pie. I'll see you later.” Twilight walked out of the bakery and straight over to the library, she didn't want anything to distract her new focus.



As she entered, she found Spike pacing in the center of the room.

“Hi Spike, what's going on?” Twilight asked as she placed her cupcake right next to her parchment on her desk.

“OH! Hi Twilight. How- how are you feeling?” Spike questioned as he scrapped his claws together and glanced over to the lavender mare.

“I'm feeling much better, thank you! I think I can focus on that report I was going to do. Are all the books still here?” Twilight asked as she looked over what was already written.

[cupcakes cupcakes cupcakes cupcakes Cupcakes Cupcakes CupCakes CupCakes CUPCAKES CUPCAKES CUPCAKESCUPCAKESCUPCAKES!!!...........]

(Sigh. I guess I really did have Cupcakes on the brain. Well, now at least I can focus on the right topic, hopefully....)

Spike looked over at the lavender unicorn, noticing that she kept glancing at the cupcake sitting next to her as she worked. He was pleased to see that Twilight was able to focus once more on her studies and was glad that he had gotten the pink baker to help. He had a feeling that Twilight was thinking of cupcakes (he absolutely didn't look at what had been written by the unicorn to come to such a conclusion) and knew that Pinkie Pie would be able to help. Though he wasn't sure why the purple mare had a cupcake next to her, he could have sworn she didn't want to risk getting icing on the report.

Author's Note:

Yes, Twilight likes cupcakes. :ajsmug: