• Published 6th Jul 2013
  • 6,546 Views, 150 Comments

The Party Animal and the Bookworm - Wolfie 03



There's a new unicorn in town and she's just learning about friendship, something that the local pink baker excels at. Pinkie's mission, to bring the joy of friendship to Twilight even if she actually hopes for more.

  • ...
7
 150
 6,546

The Pink Pony's Mission - Edited!

For Pinkie Pie, it was just another day in Ponyville. The sun was shining, the birds singing away and the Cakes gave her the day off since it was the Summer Sun celebration. They had gotten caught up with all the baking they would need and the big catering job for the festival at town hall.

So Pinkie hadn't much left to do but trot through town to help with the preparations. If there's one thing that the pink earth pony did well, it was help plan and host parties. She had gotten a sense that today was going to be special and thought that a quick walk through town would help pin-point why it would be such a nice day.

As Pinkie Pie walked along, waving to the various ponies she knew, she saw a glint of light reflecting off of something in the sky. As she looked up, she was slightly surprised to see a golden chariot heading towards Ponyville.

(I wonder who that could be. The princess isn't due to come yet and I don't know who else would be important enough to use a special chariot but you never know and maybe they need a tour of Ponyville and they're hungry which means that we should stop by Sugarcube Corner and they would be so happy they would LOVE to be my friend and then maybe we could be bestest friends forever and we'd have so much fun and I better go meet them right away! We have lots of baking to do!) With this chipper thought in mind, the pink mare trotted over to where the chariot was landing.

After a moment, the chariot took off for the skies once more and in its place: a purple unicorn and a purple and green dragon. As Pinkie Pie contemplated how one could befriend a dragon, she got a better look at the unicorn who was speaking with the dragon.

Before she could really look at the new mare, the wind blew the purple unicorn's scent towards the party pony and she closed her eyes to sort through the new smells. The new mare smelled of books and ink and and magic! She opened her eyes once more as she stood in front of the purple mare, fully intending to start off her introductions and friend-making process when she felt a special Pinkie Sense go off.

The party mare paused as she felt this 'sense' occur. It was one she never before felt but her Granny Pie had told her all about which 'sense' was for what and how to figure out what any new ones meant.

First her heart beat stopped then sped up to a rapid pace as her mind went blank. Then it seemed as though the world around the two mares disappeared and they were the only ones left, which suited the pink mare just fine. Pinkie Pie knew this was a super special Pinkie Sense, one that she thought she would never feel for anypony else. As realization of what the Pinkie Sense meant, the party mare gave a large GASP and took off to start planning a 'Welcome to Ponyville and please be my bestest best friend!' party.



The purple mare was rather shocked at this behavior and decided to ignore her first attempt at speaking with the locals.



As Pinkie Pie gathered all the needed supplies for the party, she replayed how the unicorn's voice sounded so cute when she hesitantly said 'hi'.

(Oh my GOSH. She is so super cute! She was all shy and nervous and I wonder if she has any friends? Well, she seemed kind of lonely actually, which is something that I, Pinkie Pie, must correct! So I'll invite everpony to the party, but where to have it? Well, she did smell like books and ink and things, ooooohhh, she'll want to go to the library then! You can only get certain kinds of smells when you really really really like something and she MUST like libraries and so she'll have to go there eventually and that would totally be the best place to have the party! The party will be easy peasy to set up, but to add a more personal touch, I better follow her and see what kinds of things she likes. Not that I'm following her because she is so pretty or cute or anything...)


And with this non-stalker-ish mindset, the pink mare began to follow the purple one as she went about her checklist of things for the Summer Sun Celebration. Pinkie Pie thought it was both cute and funny how unsocial and easily frazzled the purple unicorn was and Pinkie Pie was able to learn her crush's name relatively quickly, the small dragon seemed to really like calling Twilight by name.


(Even her name is really nice! Twilight. Twilight Sparkle. Like how her eyes sparkle. So let's see, that's the Apple's to invite, she even got Rainbow Dash to work right away! So Rainbow Dash to invite, Rarity, and well, maybe she did scare Fluttershy a little, but she opened up in the end which so totally cool! I guess we can't have too loud of music then because Fluttershy would be coming.... Alright, time to get the party ready! Oooooohh, she's gonna be so super excited and surprise!)


(Why isn't Twilight out enjoying the party? Did I not get the right cupcakes? Was the punch too much? Hmmmm, hey! There's Spike, maybe he knows!)

The pink mare hopped over to the purple and green dragon who was dancing near Rarity, trying to show off his moves. As a means to surprise him, Pinkie Pie put a lampshade over his eyes and made him guess who it was.

“Uhhh, Pinkie Pie?” The dragon wasn't sure, but out of all the ponies he met at the party, Pinkie Pie seemed to be the only one who would place a lampshade over someone's eyes instead of using hooves.

“Wow! You're an amazing guesser! Can you guess where the pony of honor is? 'Cause I can't and this wouldn't be a 'Welcome to Ponyville' party if the pony who's being welcomed isn't here! I've searched all over, she's not under the tables or hiding behind books and there's no book forts and -” At this point Spike put a claw over Pinkie's muzzle, he had a feeling that she wouldn't stop otherwise.

“Well, maybe I can guess where she is. I'll go and see if I can get her to come out.” Spike took his claw off her muzzle as Pinkie Pie simply nodded gratefully.


As Pinkie Pie watched the young dragon go up and come back down alone, she got more nervous. She wanted this night to be really fun for Twilight so that she would want to stay in Ponyville and Pinkie Pie could get to know her more. As Spike told her what Twilight had said (well, more like paraphrased) Pinkie Pie resolved to stick to the unicorn's side like icing on a cupcake to make sure she had a good time.




(Who knew that some evil Mcevil pants would come and now Twilight has to go find some elements of harmony? I sure didn't! Well, I mean, I knew this night would be special, but not that special! Oooohhh, my poor bookworm, she's having a hard time finding a book. I bet because she didn't come out during my party for her and look around the library... Elements of Harmony, elements, elements... Hey look! Elements of Harmony, a Reference Guide! I wonder if this is what she was looking for...)


Soon all six ponies stood in front of the Everfree Forest, a forest some said was cursed or just plain unnatural. One pony in particular was having a blast, nothing brought ponies together better than a good party or a dangerous trek to save pony-kind!

After making it half-way to the castle of the royal pony sisters, the six ponies came into a thick forest. Using her night vision and Pinkie Sense, Pinkie Pie knew that nothing was wrong. She was concerned at first as to why everypony else was so scared and yelling. Once she saw the problem though, she just had to laugh. A bunch of silly faces on trees! As Pinkie Pie saw Twilight's face though, she knew she would have to do something to set their minds and hearts at ease.

(And what better way to do that than a SONG! Oooohh, I bet she'll love this one!)




Even as the ponies faced more problems, Pinkie Pie remained in high spirits. She had gotten her new friend to laugh. And not just any kind of laugh, but a full belly roll onto the ground laughing. It was almost as good as when she first saw the purple unicorn, but really, what could top that?

Even when they got to the final boss level and it seemed hopeless for a moment, Pinkie Pie kept faith in the power of friendship, which was second only to the power of parties. It didn't surprise her one bit that they represented the Elements of Harmony, she knew that the group of ponies around her were special and it only seemed fitting.


As the heroes returned to town and everyone threw a celebration for the return of the sun and Sun Princess, Pinkie Pie noticed that Twilight didn't seem all that happy; especially after Princess Celestia asked if Twilight was ready to go back to Canterlot.

It was at this point that Pinkie Pie froze in worry. She wanted the purple unicorn to stay in Ponyville so they could get to know one another better.

(Canterlot? She's going back to Canterlot, but I thought she would want to stay here! I mean, that's what the party was for, and then we went on a death-defying journey to save all of pony-kind from eternal night and we are all friends and I don't want her to leave...)

Just before Pinkie Pie could start to cry or even plead that Twilight should stay, Twilight herself asked to stay. Princess Celestia smiled upon her student and dictated to Spike to note how Twilight was to stay in Ponyville and learn more about friendship.

The party mare could hardly contain her happiness, she was the first to go and give the purple unicorn a great big hug. She knew that this was the start of an amazing time and that this was going to be super fun and exciting!


(This is going to be soooooo good! I'm so excited, are you excited? I've never been so excited, well except for that time when I went GAAAASSSPPP but really, what can top that? It's not every day that you meet your future special somepony. I hope she'd want to be my special somepony. But I need to learn all about her first! Oooohhh like her birthday! Birthdays are good days for parties and confessions of love! Or her favorite color or book or thing to do or cupcake or ….)

“Hey Twilight! Can I ask you a question or a billion?”

Author's Note:

Yes, this is an edited version of my first chapter. After I finally got into my writing style, I realized that I still didn't like how I did the first few chapters and will be updating them. I hope this is a much improved version. And the other monologue is going to be changed as well, I realize the monologues break the flow of the story. Anyways, for anyone new to the story or just re-reading it, enjoy!