• Published 18th Feb 2012
  • 5,465 Views, 32 Comments

Soarin's Little Secret - Dashie222



A story about Soarin' and his secret.

  • ...
17
 32
 5,465

Chapter-Three

The two ponies Rainbow Dash and Spitfire had just sat down at a restaurant to eat. It was surprisingly formal for a place in Canterlot and was used as a place to escape from the pressures of the upper class life. There were few tables and only one other group was there. Not long after they sat down the waiter came and got there orders. It was during the time after they ordered that they talked a little.

“I just can’t believe it,” Spitfire began to say, “I can’t believe that we didn’t catch on sooner.”

“I can’t either,” Rainbow Dash replied, “I can’t even remember what I saw in him.”

“I know right.”

“I mean sure he was sweet.”

“And he had a good sense of humor.”

“He was handsome…but he’s nothing more than a lying, cheating fool.”

“Agreed.”

They’re conversation was ended by the arrival of their food. So they ate and then afterward they began to part ways.

“We should do this more often,” Spitfire said as they began to leave.

“How about two weeks from today,” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Sounds great.”

Rainbow Dash had arrived back in Ponyville and just had to tell somepony about what happened. She decided to tell Twilight since she was the last pony she talked to before she left. She had arrived at Twilight’s house and began to tell her the whole story. Twilight was shocked by just about every word she heard.

“I can’t believe it,” Twilight said after Rainbow Dash had finished, “He was cheating on both of you.”

“Well it’s all true. Actually I’m glad I don’t have him around anymore. I finally have some time to myself,” Rainbow Dash said and then began to think of the possibilities.

So two weeks had passed and it was time for Rainbow Dash to go meet Spitfire in Canterlot. They had both gotten to the restaurant and ordered when they began to talk about their lives.

“So how have things be going for you?” Spitfire asked.

“Great, I’ve had so much free time. But I doubt that things could be going very well for you what with having to see Soarin’.”

“Well actually I haven’t seen Soarin’ since the last time we were together.”

“Really?” Rainbow Dash replied with some surprise.

“Yeah, but I’m not surprised. If I were him I wouldn’t show my face in public ever again.”

“Well good riddance. Nopony needs to know somepony like him.”

They were becoming good friends so they decided to make this a regular thing. Every two weeks Rainbow Dash would head out to Canterlot and meet up with Spitfire. They would talk about how their lives were and occasionally about Soarin’. But eventually they both forgot about him and rarely ever mentioned him.

About six months had past and Rainbow Dash was getting ready for breakfast with Spitfire. The phone had began to ring and so she went over and answered it.

“Hello,” she said.

“Hi Rainbow Dash,” said a familiar voice on other line.

It was Pinkie Pie.

“Hi Pinkie Pie, what’s up.”

“I was wondering if you wanted to help taste test my new cupcake recipie.”

“Sorry Pinkie but I’m seeing Spitfire today remember.”

“Oh I forgot. Can we reschedule for another day.”

Before she could answer she heard a knock on the door. ‘Who could be here this early’ she tough as she walked over to the door. She opened the door and there stood the blue maned Pegasus she had hoped to forget forever. The Pegasus that had done some pretty horrible things. The Pegasus named Soarin’.

“I gotta go Pinkie Pie.”

“Okie dokie Rainbow Dash.”

She set the phone down on the table next to her and looked at Soarin’.

“Why are you here?” she asked him in a displeased tone.

“Well… I… I came because I want you back.”

Rainbow Dash began bursting into laughter at this ridiculous statement. She finally regained herself after a few minutes and noticed he was still there.

“Wait you were serious.”

“Well yeah.”

“No just, no.”

“Look I did a lot of soul searching and I’ve realized what I did was wrong.”

“But you still cheated on me. Now could you please move? I have somewhere I need to be.”

Soarin’ stepped to the side and let Rainbow Dash out. She began to head to the train station but Soarin’ followed her. She began to fly a bit to try and get away but he flew too. She flew faster and faster trying to escape him but he stayed with her the whole way. Soarin’ even went as far a boarding the train with her and following her all the way to Canterlot.

“Would you stop following me,” Rainbow Dash said after they both got off the train.

“Just give me a second chance. I realized I made a mistake but should I be punished for it?”

“Do you really want me to answer that?”

“I’ve got an idea. What if you give me some time to prove myself and then you can decide.”

She saw no harm in at least giving him a chance to prove himself, though she didn’t think he would change her mind.

“Alright,” she said.

“Yes,” Soarin’ said to himself.

“But, if you do even one thing that I don’t like you have to promise that you will just give up on me.”

“Okay and you won’t be disappointed.”

Luckily for Soarin’ she would have no way of being disappointed since her expectations of him were nonexistent.

She had finally got to the restaurant with Spitfire and they had both been seated at their table.

“You are not going to believe what just happened Spitfire,” Rainbow Dash began.

“What?” Spitfire asked her excitedly.

“Well…”