• Published 6th Jul 2013
  • 2,228 Views, 70 Comments

Frightening Little Details - FlutterDash777



When love is brought up as the topic of the conversation among the Crusaders, Applebloom finds that something is going on and she is the only one that doesn't know what it is.

  • ...
8
 70
 2,228

Feeling Like A Fillyfooler

-Feeling Like A Fillyfooler

Scootaloo ran for as far as she could before she had realized that Sweetie Belle was already out of her sight, and she had not noticed which way she had went. The first thought that came to mind was Rarity, but Applebloom had mentioned that she was out shopping, so there was no telling where she was now.

Scootaloo slowed down to a stop. She had managed to make it back to town in her running, but she was on the far edge and there was still a little ways to go before she would be in the main part. She let her head fall down as she tried to catch her breath. She couldn't help but feel horrible about Sweetie Belle. She thought that Sweetie Belle was only mad at her, but now, she thought that she had only hurt her terribly...

Scootaloo brought her eyes up to the ground sky before her. It was really a nice day, but now she had ruined it with her crude actions towards her friends. There was no telling how Applebloom felt right now. They had both left her all alone without saying anything, and she had worked so hard to make today a fun day.

Scootaloo clenched her eyes shut again at the very thought. Today was supposed to be a fun day. A day of simple hanging out. The first fun day they were going to have together in a long while, and she had ruined it for them all...

The little pegasus opened her eyes again at the town ahead.

"What am I going to do now?" Scootaloo asked herself as she thought of her next move.

She of course didn't know where Sweetie Belle had run off to. She didn't know where Rarity was either, and she didn't know where to start. Of course, starting at the boutique would be her best bet, but for some reason, she felt as if it wasn't really a good idea.

She could go home and talk to Rainbow Dash, but she didn't really want to be so open with all of this quite yet. Maybe she could talk to somepony else that wasn't all that close to her.

The pony let her mind wonder as she tried to think of somepony, however, nopony in particular came to mind. Maybe she would get lucky and just run into somepony, but she knew that wasn't really the way to do things. It needed to be thought out, not just happen randomly.

Somepony she could trust....

Who?

Scootaloo sighed, and without thinking it over anymore, she headed into town.

---

"Anypony in here?"

Applebloom heard a voice from outside the clubhouse. She got up from her self-made mountain of opened chip bags and ran to the door to see who was out there.

Applejack was standing, looking up to the clubhouse. Her eyes brightened when she saw Applebloom poke her head out the door.

"There ya are lil sis! Where's yer friends at?" Applejack looked around for Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, but of course, she found nopony around.

"Oh....well....they left." Applebloom looked back at her pile of food and then shut the door behind her. She could finish it off later.

She walked down the latter to meet her sister face to face. She tried to smile as if nothing was wrong, but she knew Applejack already had a feeling that something was wrong.

"Oh okay....They left mad at each other. Well Sweetie Belle was crying, but she was mad too. Scootaloo ran after her, and here I am, eating all the groceries you bought for us..." Applebloom wiped her chin of some crumbs as she was now feeling the effects of all the junk food she had ate.

"Well...." Applejack looked down to the yellow filly as she tried to comprehend the situation.

"Why were they mad again?" She noticed that Applebloom had only given the short part of the story.

The little filly was afraid of that. She didn't want to tell Applejack the whole truth, because that meant she would have to tell her that it all started when Applebloom was gossiping about her sister and Rarity. She knew Applejack didn't take kindly to those who gossiped about her and she knew that she would probably get in trouble for telling her friends about it too.

"Well....they were...just mad at each other when I came back...yeah. That's what it was. I don't know why they were so angry with each other." Applebloom tried to save herself from telling her sister, but Applejack only glared at her with skeptical eyes.

Applebloom gulped as she felt she wouldn't be able to tiphoof around the whole truth. With a sigh, she looked down in remorse and began telling Applejack what had really happened from beginning to end. She felt a bit needy when Applejack just sat and listened in silence, but she continued until the very end without looking Applejack in the eye. When she was done with the full story, she slowly turned her eyes up to see Applejack gazing down at her, however, she wasn't angry. Actually she had a small smile on her face.

"Is that all?" She asked to make sure Applebloom was completely finished.

The filly nodded as she lowered her eyes again.

"Well, it sounds like something else is going on. Something that you can't interfere with. You can only let them work it out by themselves. In time, they will come around." Applejack placed a hoof on Applebloom's red mane. The filly looked up with surprise at how calm Applejack was. She wasn't even mad that she had told them about her and Rarity.

"But....what do you think it is that made them act that way?" Applebloom looked up with relieved eyes that she was in the clear.

"Maybe they feel different towards each other than they feel towards you, and that's not bad. They still love you as a friend, but maybe there is something going on between them that is a different kind of love. I know that feeling all to well." Applejack smiled as she referred to her own love of Rarity.

"Do ya mean, that they might be.....fillyfoolers...?" Applebloom let her voice come to a quiet hush as she whispered the last word to Applejack.

The orange farm pony didn't seem to like what she had just heard from her little sister. Applejack arched her head upwards and gave her sister a glare.

"Now don't go around sayin' that so lightly, ya hear? Fillyfooler....isn't really the nicest term to use in this situation." Applejack took her hoof from Applebloom's head as she went into "mother mode".

"But I thought it just meant--"

"Just use something like....in love. It's a sweeter term to use, if that makes since to ya." Applejack tried to give her sister a reassuring smile.

Applebloom looked down in a bit of confusion, but she soon looked back up to Applejack and nodded her head.

"So, do you think they might be....in love?" Applebloom once again whispered the last word as if it were forbidden.

Applejack chuckled and simply nodded her head at the filly.

"I think they just might be...."

---

"Hello?" Scootlaoo knocked on the door of the tree library. She had decided if she needed to talk to somepony, it might as well be somepony smart.

The door slowly opened and a pink pony poked out her head. It nearly sent Scootaloo on the ground in surprise, but she tried to play it cool and grin at Pinkie Pie who was for some reason at Twilight's. Maybe borrowing a book? Scootaloo doubted it. She didn't ask any questions as she tried to step through the door.

"Is Twilight here?" Scootaloo looked around the library as she popped her head into the doorway.

"Of course she is!" Pinkie Pie stepped back and let Scootaloo through.

"What do you want with her?" Pinkie jumped back in front of the filly with a large smile plastered on her face. She edged closer to the pegasus who was still trying to cover up her pain with a small smile.

"I...uh....needed to talk to her about something important..."

"Ooooooo! I bet she can help you! She's a smarty!" Pinkie Pie finally jumped out of Scootaloo's way and bounced over to the staircase. She looked upwards and breathed in a lung full of air. She then blasted it all out in a large yell that sent Scootaloo to the wall.

"TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!" Pinkie smiled and turned to Scootaloo.

"That should get her." The pink earth pony smiled.

Scootaloo tried to get up from her fall before Pinkie noticed. She dusted herself off and then stared at Pinkie Pie with annoyance. She was still unsure of why she was here exactly, and she was unsure if she could talk about what she needed to talk about with Twilight with her around. She didn't exactly....trust Pinkie Pie with her secrets. For she would know, Pinkie would throw a party about it...then everypony would know!

Scootaloo needed to see Twilight in private, but how could she do that without letting Pinkie know?!

Before she could think of any plans, a purple unicorn began walking down the stairs. Her hoof was rubbing her head as if she had a terrible headache, which Scootaloo assumed she probably did.

"Pinkie....must you do th...." Twilight stopped mid-sentence. She wasn't going to bother with it. She already knew how Pinkie Pie was and there really wasn't any helping her.

Instead she avoided that conversation and moved on.

"What is it?" Twilight looked at Pinkie without noticing Scootaloo yet.

Pinkie Pie plainly pointed her hoof at the filly without a word. She smiled largely when Twilight finally saw the little pegasus.

"Oh! Well hello Scootaloo. What can I do for you?" Twilight changed her tone as she saw the filly in her home. She trotted down the stairs with a bit more enthusiasm now and she walked straight passed Pinkie Pie and directed her attention towards the orange filly.

"I...uh...well..." Scootaloo searched rapidly for something to say. She couldn't talk about it now with Pinkie Pie there, but who else could she go to?!

"Well? It's okay. You can tell me. I can have Pinkie go get us something to eat, or some tea if you like?" Twilight let her eyes travel over to the pink pony who had her hoof up in a salute at Twilight's orders. She then jolted towards Twilight's kitchen without hesitation.

Scootaloo saw the perfect time and she needed to get it out quickly before the earth pony returned.

"Want to sit down?" Twilight showed Scootaloo to her living room and the pegasus followed and sat down on her couch. It was a bit comfortable, but not too much.

"So...what would you like to tell m---"

"Sweetie Belle almost kissed me, but then Applebloom came back, and then I acted mean towards Sweetie Belle, and then I thought she was mad too, but she left and started crying, and I tried to run after her, but I lost the direction she was in, and I came into town! I wanted to go find her or Rarity, but I didn't know where to start, and so I thought about talking to Rainbow Dash, but then I decided I didn't want to be so open yet to her, and then I thought maybe you could help me since you're smart, so I came here, but then Pinkie Pie was here, so I didn't want to say it in front of her, but now that she is in the kitchen, I am telling you now! I really need some help, because I think I might be....I think.....Well...I want to make sure Sweetie Belle's okay!!" Scootaloo caught her breath. She had tried to make sure she was able to tell Twilight everything before Pinkie came back, but instead she ended up just spitting it out on her face in a minute. She wasn't even sure if Twilight was able to catch all of that.

The filly looked up at the unicorn. She didn't really know Twilight all that well, but she knew she was a good pony. She was hoping for some advice since she was so smart, but Twilight just looked back at her with wide eyes as if she heard not one word that Scootaloo had just said.

"I can help!!"

Scootaloo turned to see that Pinkie Pie was there the whole time. She had a tray of cookies and hot tea in her hooves and she came over and sat it down on the coffee table in front of the couch.

Scootaloo brought a hoof over her face in embarrassment. Pinkie Pie heard it all and now everypony would know!

"How can you do that, Pinkie Pie?" To Scootaloo's surprise, Twilight was intently watching Pinkie Pie as if she thought she was going to give some super intellectual advice on the matter.

Maybe Twilight wasn't that smart after all. Maybe Rainbow Dash was right....she was just an egghead....

"It's easy! All you have to do is let Madame Pinkie help you out! I know just the thing to do!" Pinkie Pie took a cookie and threw it in her mouth as she looked at Scootaloo.

The filly gazed back at her as if she were out of her mind, however, she let her continue.

"All you have to do is let Sweetie Belle know everything you just said!" Pinkie Pie took another cookie and ate it.

Scootaloo brought both hooves to her face now. This was completely hopeless. Pinkie Pie didn't know what she was talking about. Telling Sweetie Belle the truth wouldn't solve anything! She wouldn't understand!

"If you tell her the truth, she will understand." It was as if Pinkie Pie read Scootaloo's thoughts.

The filly backed away from the couch and turned herself from the two ponies behind her.

"Where are you off to in such a hurry, Scootaloo?" Twilight asked from behind. She had a cup of tea to her muzzle, blowing away the steam.

"I...uh....have to get going..." Scootaloo started towards the door without looking back.

"Tell her, Scootaloo! If you tell her then everything will be okay! My Pinkie Sense is telling me so!" Pinkie Pie giggled as she engulfed more sweets.

"Sure." Scootaloo opened the door and shut it behind her. She leaned against it for a few moments to think about what a waste of time that was.

Are they crazy? The truth never helps in situations like this! Pinkie Pie is just crazy! Crazy! Crazy! And Twilight is too! What an egghead...

Scootaloo walked away from the library. She had no where else to go. She could always go home now and talk to Rainbow Dash, but she still felt as if she wasn't ready yet. Maybe she could go to the boutique. Maybe....

Scootaloo looked down the street. The boutique wasn't very far from here, and she could see in the sky that it was getting kind of late. She had to make her move now or she would have to wait until tomorrow, and she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep like this, not without this being resolved.

She made up her mind and headed in the direction of Rarity's home. She had a knot in her stomach as she had the feeling that somepony would be there, waiting for her....

---

"Do you think this is a good idea?" Applebloom looked up to her big sister as they headed into town.

"Don't ya trust me? I already called Rarity and told her all about it. She said that it would be a great idea!" Applejack looked down at her sister in reassurance as she always did.

"Yeah, but....I'm worried that Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle will be mad at me for telling you....and now Rarity knows too.....I'm such a loud mouth...." Applebloom grabbed a hoof full of chips from a bag she had taken from the clubhouse.

"Don't worry your little head about that. Rarity ain't mad, so why should they be?" Applejack's eyes looked to the bag of chips her sister was munching on.

"I hope they won't be....but I just feel like this isn't going to be a good idea...." Applebloom grabbed another hoof full and stuffed it in her mouth.

"Don't worry. It will be." Applejack smiled as the two continued to walk onward.

"Also..."

"What is is?" Applebloom looked up to her sister.

"....you should really lay off the chips." Applejack chuckled as she saw Applebloom's flustered face. She tried to hide the bag next to her, but she still had the urge to reach down in there and stuff her mouth.

Author's Note:

I hope you're enjoying it so far!
There is a lot more detail to come for those who are still curious about the different relationships I have set out in this story already, though haven't gone into depth yet.
This story may end up longer than expected depending on how much in depth I will go, but I will indeed branch out into these other relationships soon enough. Be patient with me. I'm starting off slow in this one...something I rarely do.
So bare with me, and once again I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am enjoying writing it! ^_^