• Published 4th Jul 2013
  • 3,305 Views, 43 Comments

The Misadventures of Scotch, Blitz and Jack - articunos bitch



Three of our Main characters are stallions. What sort of shenanigans do they get themselves into?

  • ...
6
 43
 3,305

Forever

It was nearly nine o’clock and Applejack had just started putting the dinner dishes away when a knock came from the counter top behind him. Pinkie Pie was behind him holding a jug of chocolate milk.

“Hi Applejack. Rarity and I just got back.”

“Hiya Pinkie. Look, Ah wanted to say again Ah’m sorry for how Ah acted in Dodge Junction.” He knew she would bring it up sooner or later.

“Oh don’t fret about it silly. Rarity’s chased Rainbow Blitz away but I got the scoop from Butters and Twilight. Can you grab a few glasses? There’s something I want to talk about.” She mozzied over to the family table and took a seat placing her jug in the middle.

Applejack set a glass for her and on for himself and filled them up before Pinkie spoke again. “I know you didn’t technically break your promise and I know you must still be feeling really bad about it. I also know why you did it and I forgive you. You were so silly, thinking we cared about money like that much. If you didn’t do as well as you said you would you certainly did your best and that’s all we wanted from you; to make us and your town proud of you. But there’s something else I need to tell you. Alone.”

“Wait Pinkie.” Granny and Applebloom were in bed while Big Mac was working on the cider press in the barn. This is normally the kind of “alone” when Pinkie flirted with him shamelessly. “Is this gonna end with me walkin’ away with you checkin’ out my flanks?”

She giggled her normal, certainly cute snort-giggle. “No silly.” Her smiled dropped. “No, this is the story of why I am so serious about Promises. I’m going to tell you but can you not tell any-pony else?” He nodded.

“A day doesn’t go by when I don’t think of her. Let’s call her Sugar okay? Sugar was my best friend in high school. We shared classes, did each other’s homework, laughed, played, and pulled pranks. We were supposed to be Best Friends Forever. Then one day she asked me to keep a secret and I said I wouldn’t tell any-pony. Sugar told me she liked mares and didn’t know what to do with herself. I told her I still loved her no matter who or what she liked and it was okay. We hugged.

“That weekend we were at a party together and I was being myself: being silly, having fun, talking a mile a minute, not thinking. I accidently told a bunch of ponies that Sugar likes other girls. The whole town found out in a day.

“She got bullied and beat up. The very next school day she had to go to the nurse’s office. Later, her parents disowned her and made her move out of their home. I told her she could live with me and my family on the rock farm but she yelled at me saying I ruined her life.

Applejack forgot about the milk they were drinking and sat listening to Pinkie. He never would have guessed a word of this could happen to her.

“I tried to tell her I was sorry. I didn’t mean to. All I ever wanted to do was makes ponies smile and I never wanted to hurt her. I was so sorry and would never, ever, ever do something like that again. I told her I still loved her and always would and asked her to forgive me. I tried everything: talking to her parents, the kids at school, saying I like mares too, but no-one believes me. Nothing made anything better for her. A few days later I try to find Sugar to apologize again and find out she hanged herself.”

Pinkie’s not looking at Applejack any-more. She’s staring at the wall behind him, or rather the door frame behind him as her eyes glazed over. He brought his hooves to his head and sighed.

“I know I’m not the only one to blame. If she wasn’t bullied at school, or if her parents didn’t kick her out and disown her, or maybe one other friend who didn’t abandon her. Or maybe if I kept my mouth shut. She did it to herself but if somepony had treated her differently she might be here now. I said I think about her every day, and it’s really sad every time.

“Applejack, since then I have taken promises very seriously. Because losing a friends trust is the fastest way to lose a friend. Forever.

Applejack was silent for a minute. He noticed that her hair was much less springy that normal. “Wow. Pinkie, Ah, Ah never…”

“Please don’t tell any-pony. I’ve never told any-one before.”

“Ah won’t.”

“I know you won’t. I do trust you Applejack. You are the most trust worthy pony I know. And I know why you broke the spirit of your promise. But please don’t do that again. You were being silly and too proud for your own good. But remember not every-one knows you like I do. You can’t lose a friends trust like that. You don’t know what will happen.”

“Uh, Ah wish I could do somethin’ to make it up t’ ya.”

“Just learn from my mistake and you will do more than enough. I should be leaving now. Bye Applejack. See you soon. Keep the milk.” She gave him a big friendly hug and with that she walked out the door, leaving Applejack with his thoughts.