• Published 2nd Jul 2013
  • 1,086 Views, 30 Comments

Pinkie Pie Vs The Narrator - Odsin Ends



Pinkie Pie was known for disappearing and reappearing all over Ponyville, heck even all of Equestria. But what happens when the pink mare reappears and there's a hitchhiker along for the ride that only she can hear?

  • ...
2
 30
 1,086

Chapter Four- Pinkie hides her problems

Pinkie Morosely found herself mourning the failure of her current plan to get rid of the voices in her head.

“Oh, now you talk!? Why not before? Why did you go silent on me? Why in the heck did you-”

Pinkie's voice was normally the most prominent thing in the room, but as she sat here I the basement of the tree, waiting for Twilight to return, the vent that her chair was next to began to exude volume. Voices from the kitchen could be heard. Not all of the conversation, mind you, but enough of it.

“-no clue how to even explain it.”

“But dear, it's Pinkie, we can surely trust Pinkie, Right?”

“ It's not a matter of trust! There's no magical or scientific explanation that I can find for her hearing those voices!”

“Voice dear, it was only one.”

“Whatever! Look, I just....I don't think that I'm able to give her the help that she needs. Maybe If I write the the princesses, I can get some specialists.”

Pinkie froze at the word specialists. Was Twilight trying to send her to some institution? Was Twilight trying to get rid of her? Pinkie had known for quite some time that ponies who were considered....different, for lack of a better term, were dealt with. Harmony was incredibly important to pony society on the whole, and anypony that expressed disinterest or even antisocial behavior was considered an oddity that needed to be fixed. Pinkie Pie didn't want to be fixed.

“Twilight wouldn't do that to me!....a-and besides, I'm the element of laughter! Princess Celestia wouldn't let anything happen that could cause me to not be, uh, element of laughtery!” Pinkie Said pointing her hoof accusingly at the ceiling, as if that justified her opinion.

However, then Pinkie thought about the it longer. Princess Celestia had banished her own sister to the moon for a thousand years because she had presented a threat to harmony. Pinkie didn’t' even have the luxury of being related to the princess. In Pinkie's mind, she'd already shown Twilight that she had unexplained powers, and that she was hearing a voice. In Pinkie's mind, that was already enough to constitute a threat.

“No no no!” Pinkie said with a look of worry. “Twilight wouldn't do that to me! .......would she?”

Pinkie couldn't stop thinking about the institution she might soon be sent to, but at the same time she wanted to to believe that things were going to be okay, that if she was just honest with Twilight.

“Yeah! I'll just be honest, and,...and things will go okay!” Pinkie said blowing a raspberry to nopony in particular.

“-just don't tell her okay,” Twilight's voice echoed inside the vent. “I just don't want her to see it coming.”

Pinkie froze, and the color drained from her normally pink face.

“Hey Pinkie, I'm ready to begin the next round of tests, if that's okay with you,” Twilight Sparkle said as she descended the stairs. Pinkie however was looking up at Twilight with a big, albeit fake, smile, but Twilight didn't seem to notice that she was faking it.

“Oh, thank you thank you Twilight!” Pinkie said bouncing up and down. “I don't know what it was you did, but you did it! And now the voice is gone!”

“What...?” Twilight said bewildered. Pinkie was smiling and jumping up and down, as excited as a toddler on a sugar high, and just as immature. Twilight also failed to notice Pinkie's eye twitch.

“But Pinkie, I didn't do anything to stop the voice...” Twilight said looking through her notes with abandon.

“Well yeah, silly, but what about when you put the helmet on me the voice stopped, and so I just kept it on for a while, and then nothing! I'm not hearing it anymore!” Pinkie said with a chuckle. Twilight looked at Pinkie with a raised eyebrow, which is to say that she wasn't entirely sold on the idea.

“Pinkie,....I'd at least feel better if you let me finish my tests,” Twilight began, but then she was immediately interrupted by Pinkie Pie.

“Oh no Twilight, not now. I'm just, I'm to tired. I haven't had any sleep forever, and I need to get some shut eye yesterday.” Pinkie said with a weak smile.

Twilight was about to say something, probably along the lines of Pinkie Pie should stay there and finish up the tests just to be sure, but she looked over and saw the dark rings under Pinkie's eyes. Certainly Pinkie wasn't selling the enthusiasm of finally being cured, but Twilight could overlook it for now. After all her friend needed her, and she truly did care for Pinkie Pie's well being, Twilight owed her more than she'd ever admit. Out of all her friends, Pinkie had done the most to get her to come out of her bookish shell, not to say that she didn't value all her friends equally, just that Pinkie seemed to be the one who always eased other's burdens, and now Twilight had a chance to ease hers.

“Aw, thanks Twi!”

“...Thanks for what?” Twilight said with a raised eyebrow.

“F-for helping me get rid of the voice silly!” Pinkie Pie said nervously. “

“Ok Pinkie,” Twilight said cautiously. “I think I can let you go home now if you promise to take it easy for a few days, and come right back if you start to hear the voice again. But you have to promise me, okay?”

“Okie Doki loki!” Pinkie said with a plastered on smile. Twilight should have thought to ask for a Pinkie Promise, instead of a promise from Pinkie. But as it was, Twilight was getting lied to. It must have been all that trust that Twilight had I her friends coming back to bite her.

“ANYWAY,” Pinkie half yelled through gritted teeth. “I'm gonna go home now, okay?”

“....Okay?” Twilight said incredulously, eyebrow raised. Pinkie didn't respond, she just jumped from the basement and out the front of the library. She was, for some inexplicable reason, not in the mood to talk.

On her way out, she passed Rarity sitting down next to Spike, Rarity had red eyes, as if she'd been crying, and it looked as if Spike was trying to comfort her. Pinkie could only think that Rarity was reacting to the information that Pinkie was going to be sent to some sort of asylum.

Pinkie for some reason increased her pace, as if there was a small voice in the back of her mind egging her on, though it was hard to do, what with how heavy her hooves felt. Pinkie scowled and looked up at the sky, squinting a glare through the sunlight, and possibly blaming all of her troubles on Celestia's Sun. After briefly considering whether or not Celestia could actually be considered the owner of the sun in the sky, Pinkie's pace once again quickened. She did not stop to talk to Lyra, who was looking slightly down, she did not stop to say hello to Bon Bon, even though Bon Bon had offered her some special sweets.

Pinkie Ignored the towns-ponies, and instead went to her room in sugar cube corner. She slugged through the door, and locked the door, keeping the closed sign closed. The cakes might be angry, but it seemed that her own problems were far more important right now than those of the rest of the world. She looked to the sides of her room, then out to the street, and pulled the curtains shut. She locked the doors after checking the outside to see if anyone was there to. Pinkie seemed overly worried about whether someone would hear the ramblings of a madmare-

“OK! That's enough!” Pinkie screamed at-

“No, NO! You don't get to do that right now!” Pinkie said with a scowl. “WHY are you treating me like this!”

Pinkie couldn't help but be amazed at her own madness. It seemed to be controlling the world. It seemed to be controlling her mind. Of course madness did that a lot. Dibble was a word that came to her mind, as well as Gibble, Dalwok and Muddiepuddy. Though they were funny words, the fact that the words came into her mind over and over again seemed like an inconvenience.

“No, you stop right there you Gibble!” Pinkie Gasped and grabbed her mouth. “I mean, you... you Dalwok Muddiepup- I mean,...I...I...”

Pinkie stopped after a few seconds and her hair slumped. She hadn't been getting much sleep these past few days. She'd grown grouchy, and distant. She'd stopped putting the happiness of others first because she was afraid of having an outburst when talking to ponies.

“Well, whose fault is that?!”

Also, she was afraid that the she might reveal something about herself.

“NO JUST YOU! Just....just you! I don't want people to know about you!” Pinkie sighed and looked downtroddenly at her hooves. “I just really need some sleep....can't you do that? Can't you give me one night of sleep!? Just....can't we call a truce for one night? Can't you let me get some sleep!”
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pinkie awoke with a sharp intake of breath, her body well rested for the first time in a week. She decided-

“THAT IS NOT WHAT I MEANT!” Pinkie shouted at the ceiling, being jittery and distraught despite the full night of sleep that she'd just had. “You can't just jump cut to the next morning without letting me have any...any dreams you...you DIBBLE! DIBBLE DIBBLE!”

Pinkie breathed heavily, froth coming from her mouth, and eyes glaring at the ceiling. After a few seconds, she calmed down, her straight her puffing back out with a little less than enthusiasm then normal. She walked down the stairs to sugar cube corner, and began to get set up for the day. She'd slept in a little bit and the shop was a little late in opening. That being said, it wasn't as if there was a large line out there waiting for the shop to be opened up. It seemed that the ponies just didn't want to see the Pink mare today, probably because she was so annoying.

…..Pinkie continued preparing the confections in silence, as uncharacteristic as that was for her. She moved her large, fat plot over to the counter and began to eat her large fat breakfast, as appropriate as that was.

….Pinkie continued eating, a look of solace on her face. As she sat there, trying in vain to ignore the voice in her head, she decided to read her mail. She had obtained letters from the other elements of harmony, each telling her some exciting news.

Fluttershy was negotiating a peace treaty between the manticores and the local rabbits, to stop the manticores from eating them. It was a very delicate matter with a hundred things that could go wrong. Rainbow Dash was putting on a private show for the wonderbolts as a sort of audition. If things went well, she might become a full fledged member. Rarity had a fashion designer coming all the way from Canterlot, someone who was going to sell her line all across of Equestria. AppleJack was transporting a large shipment of apple pies for a festival in Manehatten, it was one of the biggest orders ever and could put Sweet apple acres on the map. The most surprising bit of information however was from Twilight Sparkle. Princesses Celestia, Luna, and Cadence had all come to Ponyville to meet some very important delegates from both the Griffin and Zebrican Kingdoms, in an attempt to negotiate some sort of trade agreement. Ponyville had been chosen because it wasn't closer to the border of either kingdom, and as such it was a truly neutral location. .

Pinkie was distraught at the thought of choosing between which of these events she wanted to go to, as she'd never made a decision in her life if she could help it. Being scatterbrained was just a disability that she'd have to live with.

“It's not going to work, you won't get a rise out of me.” Pinkie said calmly to no one in particular, her madness becoming quite apparent. “I'm done with you.”

…..It was quite odd that such high profile events were happening at the same time, but they all seemed much more interesting than whatever pinkie was doing.

“Yeah, leave me alone for a while.” Pinkie said as calmly as possible while she went to preheat the oven.

Such high profile events, it seemed like anything could go wrong with them.

“Wait, what? NO! Get back he-!”

Author's Note:

Ok, been a while, sorry for that but well, real life has kinda sucked the life out of me....just some bad things have happened all at the same time, and are continuing to happen. that being said, I'll try to update more.

Comments ( 5 )

2838616
I'm sorry about that, but there should be more for you to read soon!

2856594
I will attempt to the best of my ability my good fellow! and I'm glad that you like the story so far. :pinkiehappy:

So I'm still digging this, but you might want to go through and do a quick overhaul. There's some capitalization issues and a few hanging quotation marks. :unsuresweetie:

Still, it's a lot of fun, even as it gets darker...

I'm thinking Twilight isn't actually looking to check her in anywhere, this is all the narrator trying to mess with Pinkie.

Well, this had a strange turn of events.

2940105 It's certainly turning out awesome! I love how she's trying to hide it now, you just know something gonna go wrong. :rainbowwild:The biggest question is how will it all get resolved:duck: But there's no rush to that for now we can just enjoy the craziness :pinkiehappy:
Also I'm a girl, not a guy. :twilightsheepish: But that's okay, it's an easy mistake to make on the net. :derpytongue2:

Login or register to comment