• Published 2nd Jul 2013
  • 1,091 Views, 30 Comments

Pinkie Pie Vs The Narrator - Odsin Ends



Pinkie Pie was known for disappearing and reappearing all over Ponyville, heck even all of Equestria. But what happens when the pink mare reappears and there's a hitchhiker along for the ride that only she can hear?

  • ...
2
 30
 1,091

Chapter Two- More ponies become involved.

“....Pinkie? Are you alright?” Rarity said with concern. Her poor delusional friend seemed to be losing it.

“I'm FINE!” Pinkie yelled back. Rarity winched, and shrunk back, and Pinkie noticed immediately, her face and tone softening. “Oh, I'm sorry Rarity, I'm just a little bit stressed out. I mean, aren't you freaked out by how we got here?”

“....Pinkie, we walked.” Rarity said with a raised eyebrow. “I mean, sure you were a little quieter than normal, but surely you remember walking with me, don't you?”

Pinkie's mouth was so far open that she might catch flies. Of course she had lots of practice opening her mouth wide, what with her-

“HEY! Don't you dare!”

…..constant need to stuff her face with cakes the size of her stomach.

“....ok, that's better I guess,” She grumbled, then she turned to a very confused Rarity. “ But Rarity, I didn't walk here with you. We were standing in sugar cube corner, and then there was a-”

Pinkie Pie stopped in mid sentence, thinking about how this would sound to her friend. Rarity quite probably wouldn't believe her, even if she wasn't currently questioning the pink mare's sanity. Pinkie, twice in one day, miracle of miracles, decided that speaking wasn't the prudent thing to do.

“Never mind.” Pinkie seethed through gritted teeth, her eyes once again looking up to the ceiling. Rarity was concerned, but she knew by now that Pinkie was in need of help, and Twilight was just the mare for the job.

“..Ok dear, why don't you just have a seat over there at the table, and try to relax? I'll go get Twilight.” Rarity said with a cautious smile. “Oh Twilight?”

At the sound of Rarity's voice, there was the sound of quick feet on the stairs, and down came a young energetic purple Dragon. Pinkie could have sworn that she saw hearts in his eyes as he ran up to answer her call.

“Oh, Rarity, I didn't know it was you,” Spike said running his clawed hand through his spines backwards in a flirtatious manner. Pinkie managed to hid her snicker barely. Rarity, however, seemed to be happy with the attention.

“Oh, my little Spikey Wikey, you know that it's always the highlight of my day to see you,” Rarity said with a smile. The young dragon's face perked up even more than usual. Pinkie's sniker also increased, but was still within acceptable levels. “But right now dear I do need to see Twilight, it's dreadfully urgent. So if you could be a dear and fetch her, That would be fantastic.”

Spike hardly was able to contain his excitement. Pinkie could've sworn that he was floating when he zoomed off to go after Twilight. Rarity smiled politely with her head turned, she was quite fond of spike, well as fond as any of the ponies could be of a dragon.

“Hey, just what are you implying?” Pinkie mumbled to herself.

“What was that dear?” Rarity said turning back to Pinkie.

“Nothing, nothing,” Pinkie said with a strained smile. “Just talking to myself.”

Finally, Pinkie had decided to be honest to herself and admit that there really was no voice, that it was all in her head. Or, perhaps not, considering her glare at the ceiling. But as her frustration over her current situation passed, her thoughts turned back to Spike. Pinkie had always found his crush on Rarity a little bit charming, but also a little bit unnerving. After all, he was still a baby, and not mature enough to be in a relationship. Sure, Rarity hadn't pursued it, but she still hadn't sat down and explained to him that it was never going to happen. It wasn't really her place to meddle or interfere, but still, It made her feel a bit skevy.

“Ok,” Pinkie mumbled under her breath. “I'll admit that that's mostly true,”

That, and Spike was a dragon.

“What!” Pinkie yelled at the top of her lungs. Rarity turned to look at her, with a raised eyebrow. Pinkie smiled sheepishly, but when Rarity turned back around, Pinkie's eyes lowered along with her voice, and then she whispered. “What?”

Yes, spike was a dragon. So far as Pinkie was concerned, though she never brought it up, that was just a little bit weird. Dragons were different than ponies, after all. They were scaly instead of covered in fur. They ate Gemstones instead of vegetables, and all the dragons that they'd met beside spike had been giant bullies.

“I don't know what you're talking about, Spikes a great little guy!” Pinkie whispered again to herself, trying to assuage her feelings of guilt.

Sure he was fine enough as a child, but what about when he grew up? What about when instead of living in the library, he was the size of it? And what about when he succumbed to his greed? He had before, and her friends had been in danger. Sure, they'd all forgiven Spike, but still. It was hard to trust someone who could go giant monster just because he decides that he wants two cupcakes instead of one.

“No no no no!”Pinkie whispered fervently. “I don't care what you say, Spike is a nice, cool, sweet, innocent little dragon! He would never do something like that on purpose!”

While Pinkie did sincerely believe what she said, it was still hard to dismiss the thoughts that she was having. If Spike had put her friends in danger once before, maybe he would again? And what about the Wonderbolts? They'd been injured, and Spike had caused it. If Spike could Harm somepony, even accidentally, well, maybe there was a reason that Ponies and Dragons didn't typically live in the same towns. Maybe he really wasn't meant to be her friend.

“Stop it Stop IT STOP IT!” Pinkie Yelled at the top of her lungs, She leaped out of her chair, and pointed one of her front hooves at the ceiling. “Who're you to tell me how I feel anyway, huh? Why can't you just go away!”

“Pinkie?” Pinkie Pie's neck hairs stood up as she looked over at Princess Twilight Sparkle, whose mouth was agape. Spike stood behind the newly alicorned princess, and Rarity was smiling weakly. Pinkie was mortified.

“Oh hey Twilight, I'm sorry, I was just having an argument with mister meanie mcNarrator,” Pinkie said with a smile meant to hid how vulnerable she was feeling.

“Right, the narrator,” Twilight said with a raised eyebrow. “Look Pinkie, Rarity has explained the situation to me the best I can, and I really want to help, but I need you to trust me ok?”

Pinkie pie had always trusted Twilight, and her recent transformation into a princess had done nothing to change that.

“Well, thank you! At least you got that right.” Pinkie grumbled under her breath.

Though she was a bit envious of Twilight's new sta-

“Ok, we're not going there,” Pinkie humphed loudly and walked over to Twilight. “Yeah Twilight, I trust you completely.”

“Excellent! Well, I think I have everything I need right downstairs in my lab. There's just one more thing that I need you to promise me Pinkie.” Twilight said with a smile. “I need you to make sure that you tell me the truth, ok? I can't help if you aren't honest with me.”

“Okie Dokie Lo-” Pinkie Pie stopped mid-sentence. Truth? Twilight wouldn't like the truth. She might be able to help, but she just would not understand what Pinkie had been through, what Pinkie knew. Deep inside she decided, she wouldn't tell Twili-

“Okie Dokie Loki!” Pinkie said Defiantly to the Ceiling, glaring all the while.

“Uh...Good, alright then. Let's head down to the basement, shall we?” Twilight said nervously smiling. Pinkie nodded fiercely, as if she had a mission, not noticing the look on Twilight's face that suggested she thought Pinkie had lost it, probably because she was currently trying to win the national ceiling glaring championship.

“Well,.... alright, Glad you're in agreement.” Twilight said with a nervous chuckle. She moved to open the basement door to the library.

Pinkie passed her, but stopped at the little youthful dragon who was watching with curious and confused eyes. Pinkie's eyes teared up a little bit, then grabbed him into a big bone crushing hug.

“Gah!” Spike said as he turned blue. “Need...A-air!”

“Oh, sorry Spike!” Pinkie said as she leg go of her death grip, she looked at him with a slightly sad smile. “I-I just want you to know that we're friends, okay?”

“...uh, okay Pinkie,” Spike said, not sure if he was having a moment, or if he should be worried for his life. “I know we're friends.”

“Good!” Pinkie said cheerfully, then she bounced down the stairs to the basement.

The other three in the room looked at each other concerned. Twilight gave Rarity a look that clearly asked what that was about. Rarity shook her head, answering that she had no Idea. Spike just looked at one of them, then the other, dumbfounded.

“....what the hay was that about?” Spike said rubbing the back of his neck.

Author's Note:

There we go, second chapter! I'm having a lot of fun with this one. Like Favorite and subscribe!