• Published 2nd Jul 2013
  • 1,086 Views, 30 Comments

Pinkie Pie Vs The Narrator - Odsin Ends



Pinkie Pie was known for disappearing and reappearing all over Ponyville, heck even all of Equestria. But what happens when the pink mare reappears and there's a hitchhiker along for the ride that only she can hear?

  • ...
2
 30
 1,086

Chapter One- It begins to get on her nerves.

It was a bright and cheerful morning at sugar cube corner, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the residents of Ponyville were blissfully going about their daily routine. But a certain pink pony who liked to party was being uncharacteristically downtrodden. A feeling of dread filled her being, and it was as if there was some darkness weighing heavily on the element of laughter’s soul. Although her hair was not deflated, any could tell that the mare was saddened, for no discernible reason whatsoev-

“Oh be quiet!” The pink mare shouted at nothing. Obviously the stress of running Sugarcube corner while the Cakes were out of town was getting to her.

“Hey, I can take care of Sugarcube corner!” Pinkie Pie yelled to herself. “You..you big meanie Spudini!”

Pinkie moved from the kitchen to the counter of Sugarcube Corner, but she tripped and fell flat on her face.

“Owwww....you did that on purpose!” The poor, poor delusional creature said to nopony in particular. “And don't call me Delusional!”

The pink mare grumbled to herself as she made it to the stores counter. She'd always seemed to find comfort working there, meeting ponies and enriching their days, but for some unfathomable reason, not today. Today, she felt a cold dull, ache in her soul that didn't seem to be going away, but still, she couldn't place why she felt this way.

“Oh shut up,” Pinkie mumbled to nopony in particular. “And I know why I feel this way!”

“Good morning pinkie dear! How are you?” A white mare with a flair for dramatic entered the desolate, empty shop, which was ironic, as that was the way the pink party mare felt. Pinkie Pie gave the ceiling a glare, once again showing just how unstable she was.

“Yeah, yeah, keep it up,” Pinkie mumbled under her breath. But as soon as she saw Rarity, Pinkie Pie perked up. “Oh, hey Rarity! Here for your morning cup of coffee and a blueberry muffin?”

“Quite darling,” Rarity said with a smile. “I have a big order due for a Manehatten show, but you know me, I need my morning caffeine to get anything done.”

Pinkie Pie smiled at one of her best friends, doing her best not to think of how her entire existence was a superfluous one, where the highlight of her day seemed to be serving much more hardworking mares coffee and confections. Being such a hyperactive hardly able to focus party and pastry pony, it was only natural that she doubted her self worth so intensely.

“HEY!” Pinkie pie shouted again in her delirium. “I'm proud of what I do! And you're just sore that you can't come to one of my parties!”

Rarity took a step back from the raving mad pony, and even a mare so far gone as the pink wonder realized that she was alarming a close personal friend of hers.

“Oh, now look what you made me do!” Pinkie said to nopony in paticular, her face turning white, then red. “Now she's gonna think I'm Loco in the coco!”

“Pinkie dear, who are you talking to?” Rarity said with a furrowed brow. She'd come in for her morning cup of coffee, but seemed to be getting a little more than she bargained for. It was glaringly obvious that this poor pink mare was coming apart at the seems.

“I'm talking to the narrator!” The pink Mare said glaring at the wooden ceiling as if it were alive.

Rarity's face was contorted in confusion.“I'm sorry dear, I must have misheard you, did you say you were talking to....?”

“The narrator! And he won't give me a straight answer!” The Pink mare puffed her cheeks up in a very childish, immature manner and stuck her tongue out at the ceiling. She really looked insufferable, and for some reason the thought that came into her mind was that she had probably gained some weight.

“Well, at least I have a body that can gain weight!” Pinkie yelled at the ceiling, as she ignored completely one of her very best friends reacting to her mad behavior. As if she suddenly realized this, she looked to rarity with concern, and her ears lowered an appropriate amount.

Rarity had on a very disingenuous smile as she backed away from the crazy cupcake confectioner.

“Ok,” The pink mare mumbled to herself under her breath, as to not scare her diva of a friend any farther. “That one was actually clever,”

“So, Pinkie, uh...who exactly is this, um, Narrator, did you say?” Rarity said keeping the edges of her face up. She looked around the room sheepishly, in a manner that even the party crazed pink pony could understand was to humor her. “Is, uh, is he in here with us?”

“Oh you won't believe me.....no one would believe me.” Pinkie said as her hair deflated for the second time in one day. Then, more to herself than rarity, and definitely so quiet one could question if she even said it at all. “even I don't believe me...”

It seemed that the element of laughter perhaps should have become the element of melancholy cliches. Pinkie couldn't help but think that perhaps she was failing completely at the one thing that defined her, that gave her purpose. She glared at the ceiling again, reenforcing that she should not be trusted with sharp objects or small children.

But Rarity, if nothing else, was a good friend. Pinkie had always known this, but only now did she realize how true it was, as the marshmallow mare moved over and put her fore hoof on Pinkie's shoulder. “Pinkie, now you know that whatever it is you're going through, whatever it is that's happening to you, you know that you can talk to me about it, right?”

The smile she wore was genuine, and sympathetic, not like the forced one she'd shown earlier, and pinkie felt that perhaps there was a chance that some pony might believe her after all.

Pinkie nodded back to her and took a few deep breaths before she continued. Finally she filled her lungs to bursting and began.

“He's this big dumb deep voice that just follows me around and just....talks about things! Like the sky, and the constant second guessing of myself, and he talks about the other ponies thoughts around me and the monologuing , oh the monologuing! A few days ago he started describing a trash barrel and all the different pieces of refuse inside of it! He's so mean and he's always there and he's always talking, never even stopping to breath! Even in my dreams, describing what I see, and hear, and taste, and touch, and he's been doing it all week and I really really realllly want him to stoooooopppp!!!” Pinkie said her hair standing on edge, her mouth frothing with foam, though she stopped after looking to Rarity.

Rarity's face was one of concern, pity, and general uncomfortableness. “So, let me get the gist of this, you've been hearing this, uh...this voice for a week now? And you didn't tell anypony, and you have no idea why?”

“Well,...” Pinkie pie said rubbing her hooves together like a little filly that had just been caught with her hoof in the cookie jar. “I...uh, didn't want to worry anypony, I thought it'd just, you know, go away, and I don't know why. I mean, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary or anything!”

Rarity raised an eyebrow at her pink friend, obviously unconvinced of her innocence. Of course any pony who knew Pinkie Pie would know not to trust her. After all, the mare had a habit of staring angrily at ceilings, even though there wasn't anything there, very much like what she was doing at this moment.

“.....” It seemed that for once in her life, the pink mare was silent, though it would most likely be short lived. After all, when the ponies of pony ville inevitably celebrated her silence, she would be forced to cheer in ecstasy at the idea of a party of any sort, ruining the whole event.

“Dear,” Rarity said, interrupting Pinkie's attempt to bore a hole into the ceiling using nothing but her eyes. “Now, correct me if I'm wrong here, but I get the feeling that you are not being entirely truthful with me.”

Pinkie Pie looked to the ground uncomfortably. It was true that she was hiding something, she'd been hiding something since long before the day she'd met her friends. Hiding the truth of what she was, of her true capabilities. If they even knew half of what she knew, she was afraid that they wouldn't be able to handle it, Twilight especially. Pinkie was much more intelligent than she let on, while that certainly had to be the case, her intelligence had never done much but depress her. Of course deep down, most things probably just depressed her, that was probably why she acted-

“La La La I'm not listening! I'm not Listening! La La La La!” The Pink pony fell to the floor and covered her ears to block the nonexistent voice she seemed to be hearing. Celestia knows what Rarity was thinking of her actions. “LA LA LA LA!”

“PINKIE!” Rarity shouted over the party pony's loud shrill voice. Pinkie Pie stopped moving erratically and began to breath normally. “I, I think that maybe we should go and see Twilight, you know...if you really are hearing these voices,”

“Voice! Just, just a single voice,” Pinkie corrected Rarity, as if hearing less voices made her less insane. “And I'm not insane!”

“I never called you insane!” Rarity spoke with a mortified tone, implying that she hadn't even thought it. She had though, but she would never say it.

“Not you,...” Pinkie said all the while grinding her teeth in a manner that probably wasn't good for her already cavity ridden teeth. She pointed her hoof up to the ceiling, and hissed with vehemence. “him.”

Pinkie's eyes then went wide with horror, realizing what Rarity had suggested. “Oh , no no no, We can't go see Twilight! Any pony but Twilight! We just can't! She won't understand, she'll try to study it, or she'll throw me in the clink! Or she'll write to Luna and get her to go inside my head, or, or, or-!”

“Oh come now, Twilight wouldn't do that, she's our friend, isn't she?” Rarity said nonplussed, grabbing Pinkie by the hoof. “Now, let's just go see her, and things will be right as rain in under a Manehatten minute!”

It would be a short walk to Twilight's house from the bakery, and finding no fault in Rarity's logic, The Pink mare decided to go with her.

“No I didn't!”

Pinkie and Rarity headed off together towards Twilight's library home, some of the earlier tension relieved. After all, they were all friends, weren't they? Twilight wouldn't do anything against her wishes, would she?

“Don't you dare do a scene transiti-”

_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Here we are!” Rarity said as they walked into the Golden Oaks library. “I'm sure that Twilight will know what to-”

“HORSEAPPLES!”

Author's Note:

Ok, so, first chapter of the new fic done! I think I like the way this one is going, but I'm not sure If I want to really do anything with it, or if it's even a concept worth pursuing. sort of just, testing out the waters and writing for fun. I hope you enjoy it I'll update it as my fancy is hit.