• Published 2nd Jul 2013
  • 25,100 Views, 1,162 Comments

The Princess and I - Flanagan



I'm just a normal guy living my life... but the past year or so hasn't been to kind to me... then my life changed the day she (literally) ran into me.

  • ...
73
 1,162
 25,100

8: The Rainy Day

I woke up about two hours later to the sound of the T.V. blaring. I tried to comprehend what was happening but before I could find out which way was up I was being violently shook in place.

“Aedan!” Luna said fearfully, still shaking me like a rag doll. “Aedan the T.V. has been cursed!”

I looked to where she was pointing. The T.V. had that blurry snow screen on. She must’ve tried to operate it while I was asleep. “What happened?” I said whipping the crusties out of my eyes.

“I was waiting for you to rise from your rest…” Luna said, “But I grew impatient, so I decided to turn on the T.V. and watch the Cardinals, but when I did it did…” she did her best to hide behind me. “It did THAT!”

“Ok… Ok…” I said getting up. “First, the Cardinals aren’t playing today, but I like the fact you thought about watching them play before anything else. Second, I didn’t take the computer out of the T.V. that’s why it’s acting funny.”

I walked over to my computer and unplugged the HDMI cable. Letting the T.V. go black screen, then I took the remote from Luna and turned it to the local news.

“This should give us an idea of what todays-“

A thundering boom filled my apartment, taking me and Luna by surprise. I walked over to the window and poked my head behind the curtain. A thunderstorm just decided to roll into town, Missouri weather, I thought. It looked like we were going to stay another day inside. That might’ve just been a blessing in disguise, given the fact I hadn’t showered since I ran into Luna. My mother would probably kill me if she knew I didn’t shower for two days. Then I looked to Luna and remembered that she didn’t shower either. At least I knew what the plan would be for at least an hour.

“I think we both need to clean up…” I said, “You can use the shower first.”

“The what?” Luna asked, I face palmed, of course Luna didn’t know what a shower was.

“Follow me…” I said dragging my hand off my face. I lead her to the bathroom, it was barely big enough for me, but with Luna inside too, it was especially difficult to maneuver.

“Is this showering?” Luna asked, “because I don’t think I require it if it consists of being smashed into such a confined place.”

“This isn’t showering.” I said pointing to the actual shower, “You do that in there.”

“How so?”

“You just step in…” I said opening the door “and turn the ‘H’ or ‘C’ knob… ‘H’ is hot and ‘C’ is cold, the heat or chill depends on how far you turn the knobs.”

“So it’s a bath standing up?”

“Exactly.” I looked back to Luna, “Got it?”

“I believe so.” She said walking into the shower, “Thank you Aedan.”

“My pleasure.” I said starting to walk out, hearing the sound of the shower turn on.

“Aedan…” Luna said just before I walked out, I spun around, not even thinking. After I came to my senses I covered my eyes, expecting to see the same thing I did three days ago, but all I saw was a soaking wet person in my shower wearing a shirt.

“You’re supposed to take your clothes off…” I mumbled.

“But you’ve been telling me you wear clothes all the time.” Luna replied.

“Not in the shower…” I groaned, “Now I gotta do laundry today too.”

“Will you show me how to do that next?”

“Might as well…” I said rolling my eyes, “but first we both need a shower.”

“I understand…” Luna said grabbing the bottom of my shirt and lifting it up.

I went to cover my eyes again, but my soaking shirt flew onto my face. Is this really happening? I thought, in all the cosmos, of any sentient being God could choose to deal with this, he had to choose me.

“Aedan…” Luna said again.

“Yes?” I said pulling off my shirt off my face.

“I need help getting off.”

“What?!”

“I need help getting this off.” Luna said pointing at her bra.

I officially think that God is taunting me now, because a beautiful, soaking wet young woman, wearing nothing but a drenched pair of boxers that were too big for her and a frilly pink bra asking me to help her take it off. I’m surrounded by hotties and I can’t touch any of them. Damn you, moral code, damn you to hell.

“Yes.” I said, making my way to her “just hold still.”

It was impossible for us to adjust any other way than face to face. So wrapping my arms around her shoulders I reached down to the clasps and undid them with ease. The one thing I knew how to do when it came to woman’s clothing. The bra fell to the ground and my eyes somehow stayed on her face. It was the first time I got a good look at her eyes. They were like deep blue sapphires, welcoming and warm, very trusting, just like hers.

“I should get outta here…” I said turning around, “leave you to your privacy, use that canister by squeezing the top, soap will come out.”

“Thank you Aedan.” Luna said from behind me, “I shall inform you when I’m done.”

“Thanks…” I said closing the door behind me, trying not to think about those eyes. Some fifteen minutes later I decided to check on Luna, because even though she was a girl, meaning that she could spend hours in the shower. I still would enjoy at least a drizzle of hot water. “Luna?” I said knocking on the door, “Luna are you-“

I poked my head inside, the shower was still running, but that wasn’t what drew my attention. The bathroom was full of suds and Luna was standing in front of the mirror, trying to shake herself dry.

“Luna…” I said covering my eyes, “You’re supposed to use a towel…”

“Oh, I’m sorry Aedan…” Luna said, “I know about towels, but I’m just used to drying off like this.”

“Well it’s faster with a towel…” I said reaching blindly for one of my spares. “Here take this.”

“Thank you again Aedan…” Luna said grabbing the towel, “I guess I’ll-“

Luna slipped on one of the many suds piles on the floor, and obviously I was in the direction of the fall. She fell into me and the two of us hit the tile hard, well I hit the tile hard. I opened my eyes, knowing I wouldn’t see anything anyway, but the towel I’d given Luna was on her head, not her body.

“Luna…”

“Yes Aedan.”

“The towel I gave you wasn’t for your hair, it was for the rest of you.”

“Oh… I apologize Aedan…”

“It’s fine…” I said lifting her off of me as I rose, “just make sure you put it around your chest.”

“Ok…” Luna said, “Done.”

I opened my eyes again, Luna had wrapped the towel around her body now. “Perfect.” I said, “Now go get some of YOUR clothes on. It’s my turn to take a shower.”

“If you insist.” Luna said walking out of the bathroom. “Good luck.”

“Not gonna need it…” I said watching her close the door behind her, but what I did need was Mr. Clean, Luna had somehow used almost every last drop of my shower gel, but it was just enough for me to have a quick one. After about five minutes the hot water cut and I was bombarded with ice, fortunately I was already done. I stepped out and grabbed my real towel and wrapped it around my waist, the bathroom was still covered in suds, but right now I didn’t care, I just wanted to get a clean set of clothes on.

I stepped out of the bathroom, letting the steam pour around my feet; it felt good stepping out of a shower. Kinda like feeling the world with a new set of skin. My rambling thoughts were cut short however, by the one who had been doing it for the past seventy-two hours.

“Aedan!” Luna called from inside my bedroom, “Aedan I need help!”

“Coming Luna…” I said rolling my eyes, probably needed help putting her bra on.

I walked inside my bedroom to see my suspicions were correct; Luna was facing away from me reaching desperately behind her, trying to grab the dangling straps. I also noticed that she was wearing a rather small pair of blue panties, no doubt Dawn’s suggestion, but they really did seem to fit Luna’s personality. Cute, fun but with a lot of innocence, I stopped just inches behind her and shook my head.

“We’ll do this together…” I said gently grabbing her hands, after a couple of seconds I’d finally gotten Luna’s hands wear they needed to be to strap the bra. “There you go.” I said “you did most of that by yourself.”

“Thank you Aedan.” Luna said turning around, “I-“

This time Luna froze mid-sentence, after all it was the first time she’d seen me without a shirt on. I just smiled as I watched her cheeks get even redder while she was frozen. Finally, I thought an awkward moment for her, but in truth it was a bit awkward for me too. After all I was wearing nothing but a smile and a towel wrapped around my waist while Luna was wearing nothing more than a set of blue panties. She stayed there staring into me for what seemed like forever until she looked back up to me.

“I should get a shirt…” she said sheepishly looking around, “it’s a bit cold in here.”

“I got it.” I said reaching for one of the shirts Dawn picked for her, “Here you go.”

“Thank you…” Luna said hastily grabbing the shirt and throwing it on.

It was a yellow shirt, a very well fitting yellow shirt I might add. But I didn’t have much time to admire it however. Luna darted into the living room a few seconds after she put it on. At least she remembered how I feel about new people watching me dress. I threw on one of my old Cardinals shirts, boxers and my gym pants and made my way back into the main room. Luna was sitting on the couch, watching the local news. I didn’t even think she realized I walked inside until I sat next to her.

“Want to watch anything else?” I asked.

“I’m not sure.” She replied, “is there much else to watch?”

“Not really…” I said, “Daytime television is a bit grueling and repetitive.”

“Then it seems we don’t have much of a choice.”

“Well… we could play Halo.”

“Halo?”

“Yeah, it’s a video game.”

“Video game?”

“Oh dear…” I said letting my head fall, “I’ve got a LOT of explaining to do…”

It took me nearly an hour and a half to explain everything I could to Luna. After she told me she understood enough I grabbed a small case from under my table. “Behold…” I said holding the case to the ceiling, “Halo… four.”

“Four?” Luna asked.

“It’s the forth one…” I explained, “We’re just gonna do multi player on this one, we can play the others after we’ve had enough.”

I assumed that it would be a quick match, given the fact that Luna had never played an Xbox before. But after nearly three hours of getting my ass handed to me by a pony princess I realized I may have taught her too well. It was even getting to the point where she was getting into name calling. I didn’t know what a coltcuddler was, but it probably wasn’t that flattering.

“I think we’ve played enough…” I said, putting my controller down, “What do you think?”

“I think you’re getting tired of losing.” Luna said with a smile, “I find this to be the most fun I’ve had in centuries.”

“Wait… centeries?”

“Yes, in truth I am thousands of years old…” Luna corrected, “Don’t you remember the show?”

“Oh… right…” I said looking away, “I’m just a bit shocked, you don’t look a day over two hundred.”

“Too kind Aedan.” Luna said giggling, “too kind.”

“I try.” I said looking back at the window, “You want to do anything else today?”

“I really don’t have a clue what to do…” Luna said looking back to me, “We could always enjoy each other’s company.”

“I haven’t done something like that in years.” I said placing my arm around her, “Maybe we can watch a movie.”

“I’d like that.” Luna said handing me the remote, “You pick.”

“Will do.” I flipped through the channels until I hit AMC, luckily instead of playing The Walking Dead or Mad Men reruns, it was actually announcing that The Searchers was getting ready to start. Awesome, I thought, now Luna will get to see an amazing movie and I was going to get to rewatch a classic of American cinema.

We stayed there, eyes fixed to the screen for hours. For some reason it felt nice not to worry about anything for a little bit. Even though I had a pony princess cleverly disguised as a very beautiful girl sitting next to me, a landlord who was probably plotting to kill me, one woman that wanted me dead and another who wanted me in her bed, for the first time in a long, long time, I truly felt at peace.

Author's Note:

!Disclaimer! I have nothing against Mad Men or The Walking Dead, both are great shows, but AMC stands for American Movie Classics You'd think shows like that would be on HBO or Showtime, but I digress.
And that's how Gamer Luna was born folks! :trollestia:
Stupid... sexy... Luna! <- Aedan's thoughts
Stupid... sexy... Aedan! <- Luna's thoughts :rainbowlaugh:
Good to see them both having fun and watching a classic western starring The Duke himself
You people know what I'm going to ask... mistakes? where? how do I do it better? all that jazz