• Published 2nd Jul 2013
  • 25,091 Views, 1,162 Comments

The Princess and I - Flanagan



I'm just a normal guy living my life... but the past year or so hasn't been to kind to me... then my life changed the day she (literally) ran into me.

  • ...
73
 1,162
 25,091

5: The Ex

“Your ex?” Luna asked, “What’s an ex?”

“My ex-girlfriend…” I explained waiting for Amanda to stop walking towards me, “she’s an absolute bi-“

“Oh Aedan…” she said hugging me, “it really IS you…” much to my disapproval she kissed my cheek.

“What are you doing here Amanda?” I asked whipping the thick red lipstick off my face, “I thought you hit the goldmine in the relationship department.”

“Oh I come here when he forgets to deposit my ‘allowence’ into my bank account.” Amanda said looking past me. “Now who is THIS little morsel you managed to pick up?” she said trying to step past me to Luna, “and why haven’t you introduced us yet?”

“Must’ve slipped my mind…” I growled, staying between Luna and her, “Sorry about that.”

“Don’t worry…” Amanda said with a smile, crawling her hand up my chest “It’s SO easy to forgive you. Now who is she?”

“Her name’s Luna…” I replied, “She’s staying with me for the time being.”

“Are you still living in Mr. King’s flat?”

“What does that matter?”

“Does he still have that rule about opposite sexes cohabitating?”

“No.”

“You’re a horrible liar…” Amanda said with a smile, “Maybe I should tell him what you’re planning.”

“You wouldn’t…” I said nostrils flaring.

“You know I would.” She replied, her smile growing bigger. “Don’t you remember anything about me?”

“I remember enough…” I said, “I remember you being cold, sadistic, controlling, deman-“

“You haven’t mentioned my… other traits…” Amanda said drawing nearer to my face, “Like my kiss… or how I am in bed.”

“I remember the negative…” I said, pushing her off of me. “That’s it.”

“Pity,” she said drawing away, “We spent so much time in it.”

“What’s she talking about Aedan?” Luna asked lightly grabbing my arm.

“Oh my…” Amanda said looking to Luna, “You STILL haven’t told her about us… I thought a new couple always talked about their exes first.”

“We’re not a couple…” I growled, “She’s just a friend who needs a place to stay for a while.”

“Of course…” Amanda said looking Luna up and down, “Just a friend.”

“You’ve wasted enough of Luna and I’s time Amanda.” I said turning around, “Let’s just-“

“Call me Amy…” she said touching my shoulder, “everyone calls me Amy.”

“Goodbye Amanda…” I growled brushing her hand off.

In my attempt to get the hell out of there I left a gap between myself and Luna. Amanda took that opportunity to get closer to Luna than I ever would’ve allowed. Even when we were dating she hated it when I so much looked at another girl. We actually got into a fight because Dawn called me to ask how I was doing, after I got out. Ever since we’d broken up it felt like she’d been stalking me, not to hurt me, well hurt me physically that is. She always seemed to show her face when things were calming down or starting to go good in my life. Just to screw it up, now she was going to try to convince Luna that I was no good and that she should leave. I couldn’t let that that happen, this area was full of bad people, bad people that would take advantage of her innocence, or worse.

“How well do you KNOW Aedan?” she asked.

“I know him very well.” Luna replied, “Aedan is a kind and-“

“You don’t know him at all.” Amanda interrupted, “He can be very violent, abusive even especially to woman.”

Oh that bitch, I thought. Straight up lying to Luna so she could accomplish her goal.

“I even have this scar from one of our… fights.” She pointed to a cut on her neck. Again a load of bull, she got that scar when she fell off a jet ski at the lake last summer, a reminder for being stupid.

“He wouldn’t hurt me.” Luna said, “He wouldn’t hurt anyone.”

“That’s what I told myself.” Amanda said gently placing her hand on Luna’s shoulder, “but I was wrong, just like you.”

“How dare you…” Luna growled, I was shocked, I never heard a woman sound so angry.

“Excuse me?”

“Aedan has been nothing but kind to me, he has given me a home, clothing, he has taught me as best he could about this place…” Luna slapped Amanda’s hand off her shoulder “and you have the nerve to tell me he is NOT a good person, in fact you tell me that he secretly wishes to hurt me… we have a word for you where I come from, but given my nobility, it would be unbecoming of me to call you it.”

“Are you trying to call me a bitch?” Amanda asked, clinching her fist.

“That wasn’t the term I was going to use.” Luna said, “but if it portrays your true nature here, yes I am.”

Mother of all things holy, I thought to myself. Luna said what I’d been thinking for nearly two years. I think I kind of fell in love with her a bit right there and even though I hadn’t seen the show yet, I already knew who my favorite character was going to be. My awe was cut short however; Amanda never really took well to being called what she really is.

With little hesitation she tried to punch Luna, it was there that I was put in awe once again. Luna blocked the attack with absolutely no effort, wrapped Amanda’s arm up with her own hit her carotid artery and took her to the ground with a leg sweep. Amanda whimpered in Pain as Luna stood up and looked over to me.

“I will not tolerate such blasphemous lies about one who has done so much for Me.” she said walking to me, “I’m sorry that I had to-“

“You are amazing!” I said wrapping her up in my arms, “You did the one thing I couldn’t do to her!”

“I was only defending your honor.” Luna said, “Someone who spouts lies like that deserves even greater punishment.”

“You slut!” Amanda said rising, “do you know how much an outfit like this cost?!”

“I’m sure you can afford another one.” I said helping Luna into the passenger’s seat. “I’ll see you around Amanda.”

“DON’T YOU-“

The sound of my car door slamming drowned the sound of her screaming, I helped Luna buckle up and with Amanda still trying to rip the door open I drove off. Actually making her slip and fall onto the ground again, I doubt I ever laughed like that in my entire life; so much justice was done in just a minute or two.

“I don’t think I’ve seen you smile yet.” Luna said gaining my attention. “It’s nice to actually see you happy.”

“I’m surprised you knew how to do that.” I said, “I thought you were a princess.”

“Indeed I am.” She replied, “And being one requires you to know a little in the art of self-defense.”

“But how did you do it?” I asked, “I thought you were still getting used to the new body.”

“The technique has similarities, even in this form.” She explained, “But I must confess, I am slightly surprised that it worked out so well.” Luna looked off into the sky, then back to me, “Now tell me something… what is your past with her?”

Somehow I knew that was coming, even though I told her she was my ex I felt she’d want to know more. Talking a deep breath I began to tell her the story that only few people had the pleasure of knowing.

“I met her when I was still in the Marines.” I began, “At first it was all happy, cheery, ‘can’t-wait-to- see- you’ and all that good stuff. Some of the guys warned me about her but as a typical man I didn’t listen to them.” I looked to her when the stoplight in front of us went red. “After the third month or so, she turned into the woman you met, she had to control everything. It was like her soul purpose was making my life miserable.”

“Why did you stay with her?”

“Love is blinding sometimes I guess.” I answered, “but I finally left her about six months ago, when I walked in on her testing her gag reflex on some guy I didn’t know.”

“How was she testing her gag reflex?” Luna asked, “Did she have a popsicle stick in her mouth?”

“Something like that…” I said smiling a little, “I’ll go into further detail with you when you’re ready.”

The light turned green and we started moving again. After a few minutes of just listening to the sound of silence, Luna decided to speak again.

“I can’t imagine anyone treating you like that.” She said, “You seem like too good of a man to be given such a hand in life.”

“First off, I’m not that good, second, bad things happen to the best of us.” I said, “I know that more than most.”

“Why is that?

“I don’t care to really think about it.” I said, “Because it’s not what’s happened to you that’s important, it’s how you come out of it that makes you who you are.”

“Your words ring very true to my ears Aedan.” Luna said placing her hand on my shoulder.

“Glad that someone understands.” I said pulling into my parking spot. “Now are you gonna help me with all YOUR clothes or what?”

“What make you think I’ll do manual labor?” she asked, “I am a princess you know.”

“The fact that I explained that you’re a normal person here and that it looks bad if I’m carrying everything while you just sit there and look pretty.”

“I believe I understand.” Luna said with a smile, “Let’s get started shall we?”

I nodded back to her and the two of us got out of the car. I walked to the back, and opened the doors and trunk. I had no idea how I did it, but I managed to fit every last piece of clothing and scrap of food into my small ass car. Marines are probably the best stuffers of things into tight spaces to ever exist, again with something that could be turned dirty. Luna and I grabbed what we could and started to make our way to the door. I was almost done shifting the groceries in one hand to the other when the door suddenly swung open, nearly knocking me down the stairs.

“Holy mother!” Larry said grabbing my hand, “Sorry Aedan, I didn’t mean to-“

“It’s fine Larry.” I said, quickly releasing myself from his grasp. “No harm done.”

“Doesn’t mean I should feel bad about nearly knocking you over.” He said looking me up and down. “If you fell something could’ve broken or popped loose.”

“I’m tougher than I look.” I said

“That’s hard to believe.” Larry said, “Hey Mary and I are gonna be heading out to a late lunch in about an hour do you and Luna want to come along?”

“I think the two of us’ll be busy for the rest of the day.” I said walking past him, “Maybe next time.”

“That’s what you always say.” Larry said opening the door further for myself and Luna, “I hope you two get situated soon.”

“Thanks Larry.” I said making my way up the stairs, “See you later.”

Larry made his way to his car and drove off to his girlfriend’s place. Not really sure why he stayed here, his girlfriend’s flat was bigger and it allowed opposite sexes cohabitate. Probably was too expensive, real estate out here was a tad ridiculous. After about another twenty minutes we finally got done with all the stuff in the car and put away in its place. I plopped myself on the couch and clicked the T.V. on just in time for the Cardinals game. I was about to get lost in the voice of Joe Buck when Luna interrupted me with another question.

“You seem to keep ignoring Larry.” She said, “Why?”

“I don’t ignore him.” I said “I say ‘hi’ to him and all that.”

“That’s not what I meant…” Luna said, “He’s trying to be your friend, but you just keep pushing him to the side.”

“Look,” I said looking back to her “it’s not like I don’t like him, I just-“

A loud knock came to my door, probably another Jehovah’s Witness; they’ve been coming around this place more often than not the past month. I guess they think if you live in an apartment complex your soul needs extra saving.

“No I don’t want to hear about our savior Jesus Christ…” I said opening the door, “Now please-“

I froze; God must think I’m entertaining, because the past two days have been just piling more grief on top of itself. Mr. King was standing on the opposite side of the door, looking up to me from behind his thick rimmed glasses.

“I got a call about you having a woman living with you…” he said in his pinched nose voice.

“Amanda…” I grunted under my breath.

Author's Note:

Well this was a product of a very long day... (04:00 a.m. to now) please tell me if anything is wrong here more than likely edits will be done in the morning... Evil woman try to mess with Luna?! LUNA SMASH! Also... NO ONE CALLS LUNA THAT!!! :flutterrage:

Happy July 4th everybody I hope your day was better than mine when it comes to the fun department was very busy remember to thank those who have given a lot more than they've had to so you could celebrate! (Vets, active duty *Me* and those brave and honored few who lay at rest)