• Published 1st Jul 2013
  • 3,133 Views, 151 Comments

Ace Combat: The Conversion Bureau - Eagle



The Conversion Bureau falls into the Stangereal world of Ace Combat

  • ...
24
 151
 3,133

An abstract idea

“War was an abstract idea, nothing more than a show of TV. As a child, I only saw it as something that happened in some faraway land.”
-Storyteller Boy


Aircraft carrier Fort Grace (CV-04)
Northwest of North Point
Briefing Room
September 27th, 2010

“Here is the current sitrep and your orders for deployment; effective immediately. As of 05:00 hours, ISAF confirms the invasion of USEA by Equestrian forces; more specifically, through naval landings from the Cascade Ocean. Though they have already seized much of the northern peninsula up to Ice Creek, they were unable to take our radar facilities at Mount Schezna. These later reported the presence of a small fleet heading towards North Point. It seems the enemy is attempting a stealth invasion of North Point. We have very few troops stationed there at this time; hence the island is a sitting duck. You are to launch a pre-emptive strike to stop the fleet before it reaches North Point. Since the enemy was expecting this to be a stealth incursion, we should have surprise on our side now. It is mission critical that you destroy the enemy’s troop transports. Remember, you are the first line of defense for North Point, and the fate of ISAF rests in your hands.”


CV Fort Grace
Northwest of North Point
September 27th, 2010
14:05 Hours

Mobius
Independent State of Allied Forces
118th Tactical Fighter Wing

Mobius One, the only member of the squadron, sat in his plane as it was brought up to the deck.

“Mobius One you are clear for takeoff,” the control sounded.

Mobius One’s plane, an F-4G Phantom, was painted a dark, navy blue. It was armed with unguided bombs for use against the fleet, alongside the standard missiles and gun. It was set into position on the flight deck.

“Mobius One, takeoff immediately to clear the flight line,” ordered the control.

The large barriers were raised up. The Phantom’s engines went into afterburner; producing shock diamonds of white, purple, and orange. After a few seconds, the catapult launched it from the ship and into the sky.

Mobius flew on to join the rest of the strike formation, which consisted of two other Phantoms and two F-5E’s from North Point. They flew in low over the water so as not to be spotted as they approached the fleet.

“AWACS here, callsign Sky Eye, do you read?” the AWACS asked. “Your callsign is Mobius One. We’ll refer to you by this name at all times. You are now under my command. Enemy fleet confirmed coming in from the North, you are clear to engage.”

They moved in closer and began their individual runs. The fleet had spotted them by this time, but it wasn’t enough time to prepare.

Mobius One, engage,” Sky Eye said.

“Keep an eye on those bandits!”one of the pilots warned, spotting the fleets’ top cover of two Pegasi.

The two F-5Es engaged them to keep them busy while the Phantoms began to attack the fleet. There were three troop transports protected by six frigates.

As they closed in, they were fired on by the ships with missiles. They also came under attack from what looked like lasers. These were fired by some of the more powerful unicorns stationed on the ships. These were powerful enough to kill a plane with one hit; luckily, since there magic was weaker here, they could only manage two or three shots.

“How did the enemy know we were coming!?” yelled the fleet commander. “Call for reinforcements immediately!”

They would have to work fast. Additional enemy air escorts would be coming soon. Each Phantom carried four bombs, two under each wing. The first two Phantoms went in at the same time. Both singled out the same ship, both dropped all their bombs at the same time, and all eight impacted along the ship.

The top of the ship was wrecked and engulfed in smoke. The survivors jumped over the rails and trying to swim to the other ships; the unicorns with enough power tried to teleport to the other ships.

As the two planes pulled away, Mobius noticed their mistake. He spotted the last two transports churning through the sea; one was following in the wake of the other. He made some recalculations and adjusted his run.

Diving in, he skillfully dropped his bombs, trying to use precision. One bomb was placed on the bridge of the first while a second bomb was dropped and exploded right at the ship’s waterline, causing it to list heavily. He repeated this procedure with the second landing ship and strafed them with his guns until both capsized.

“Good job, Mobius One!” Sky Eye congratulated.

As Mobius pulled away he spotted one of the F-5Es shooting down one of the pegasi. The second was nowhere to be seen.

“Radio failure!” the other F-5E shouted. Apparently the Pegasus had turned the tables and hit him.

“Rapier 7 is incommunicado,” the first one said.

Mobius One looked up and spotted the damaged and smoking Tiger trying to escape it’s would be prey. He quickly sped up and, getting a lock tone, fired a missile into the belly of the Pegasus. He then flew up next to the damaged plane. Despite some serious damage and his radio being out, the pilot gave Mobius a thumbs up, indicating that he would make it back.

“That’s a round up!” one of the Phantom pilots said. “Let’s go on home!”

Author's Note:

MOBIUS! I hope the major Mobius One fans reading this are pleased!

Also, this is one of the 'original battles' I came up with to prevent copy and pasting the missions.

Expect Dash, the Wonderbolts, and the Shadowbolts make an apperence sometime soon.

P.S. Sorry about the massive Mobius Patch. Couldn't find a smaller one.