• Published 1st Jul 2013
  • 3,135 Views, 151 Comments

Ace Combat: The Conversion Bureau - Eagle



The Conversion Bureau falls into the Stangereal world of Ace Combat

  • ...
24
 151
 3,135

*Notice*

I'm going to put this story on hold so I can focus on another (Non-AC related) one that I wanted to start. I WILL be finishing this story at some point, but that will be some time later on.

Comments ( 25 )

don't worry i can wait beside am working on the re master and this one is going way better than the last one, if i say so myself

Just... what the hell, man?

2866931
What? I PROMISE i'm going to finish it. Just running short of good ideas is all. Have patience and stick around, please.

2867180

I will, I will, don't You worry :twilightsmile:

2868588
ok, what I think what i'm going to do is write all the chapters and finish the story in one massive update. Still, it's long, and i'm working on other things, and my schedule is getting tight, so it might be a long while.

2889822
Do whatever You must. I'll be waiting. For big one or couple chapters. It's Your call what You're going to give us.

This is exactly the kind of story I wanted to see in the alt tcb group.

The strangereal universe is the most interesting universe from a world building standpoint I have ever seen, barring 40k.

The concept of a world almost exactly like ours but with a few minor twists always appeals to me.

In Strangereal, the crust has little fissile material comparative to reality, but more aircraft grade aluminum and other metals.

Each nuke takes years to make, but any small north Korea like country can field a MASSIVE army on the cheap, with cheap jets making air superiority a vital military concept.

So a world that emphasizes that war is hell and promotes the struggle for peace gives us a global theater of war where any disgruntled country can attack its neighbor for any reason whatsoever.

The Ulysses 1994XF04 asteroid (which I can proudly say I remember without Google) causes several countries countless casualties, infrastructure damage, and economic strife (see Estovakia and Erusia) when it hits the planet's Roche limit and fragments into hundreds of pieces, to impact upon the ground "when the stars fell from the sky". Then the neighboring countries come along and are either lucky enough to not get hit by the fragments or they build something that can break down the asteroids (see Emmeria's near miss and every nation besides Erusia on the Usean continent (ISAF was formed as a sort of united nations) such as the Stonehenge turret network. This makes the devastated countries angry for a number of reasons (Estovakia made an anti asteroid gun but Emmeria feared its use as a WMD and forced them to halt construction, and Erusia didnt get the aid it desperately needed from the rest of ISAF when people were displaced. (their houses were shiny new craters)). Then they invade and either hijack the victim's antimeteor weapon or finish making theirs, and then starts the next painful war.

From a certain standpoint, almost every villain nation in the series seem to be totally justified from their point of view, barring the Gray Men and even they are still just angry over Belka. Belka DID have a semi justified reason albeit it was because of the political takeover by the radical right wing Rald party as detailed in the belkan federal law review. Suckers were being pressured out of their land by an expanding Osea. Then Ustio seceded, then they found resources in Ustio, then belkan invasion.

Though the meteor caused several of the super weapons in the verse to be conceived (Stonehenge, megalith, the Chandelier, the Arkbird), just as many were created pre Ulysses. Belka's project Pendragon gave us the XB-0 hresvelgr (whose designs were leaked to estovakia to build the aigaion), Excalibur, the V2, and the adfx-02 Morgan super plane (which went on to become the Falken). The Union of Yuktobanian Republics built the Hrimfaxi and Scinfaxi burst missile submarines (the names are from Norse mythology. Look them up and be pleasantly surprised) used burst missiles that were prototyped on the Morgan. Osea started the SOLG construction to combat the belkans.

Strangereal has a diverse number of super weapons and badass pilots, but in other ways they are similar to the real world. Both had a cold war. Most of today's superpowers and major countries have an equivalent nation in Strangereal.

But what I really wanted to see was the analogies drawn between the universes. Emmeria's sunrise obsession and their "golden king", as well as the massive number of references to Arthurian (belka), Norse (everyone), and Greek(ISAF mostly, but scattered) mythology which mlp also draws upon.

And then they had the nerve to basically retcon all of that as a prequel to Galaga, dig dug, and Mr driller. I have never been more ashamed of namco than at that moment.

Also the banter. Gotta love that banter.

Then LOL ASSAULT HORIZON TOM CLANCYLIKE TACTICOOL GOTTA STAY FLY GOTTA STAY STRONG ACE READY ALL DAY LONG TAKE DOWN THE EVIL RUSSIANS WITH DOGFIGHT MODE.

And ffs I want an air battle with pegasi headed by RD and wonderbolts vs Mobius one, galm team, razgriz squadron, garuda team, and everyone else in the emmerian air force 8th air division. Toss in sergeant McKnight, the Warlock and Quox battalions, and everyone who was on the Kestrel for good measure. Albert genette and Brett thompson provide running commentary.

TLDR Strangereal is my favorite alternate universe evar from a worldbuilding standpoint and I want to see all of my ridiculously OP ace pilots and superweapons against all the ridiculously OP ponies (srsly read the space battles vs. forums rainbow dash is basically indestructible and can withstand enough g force to crush bones to dust).

So after reading the story I only have two things to say. The first is that there are minor spelling and spacing errors. The second is by god you know a lot about Strangereal. Jesus you even called the rald party by name. I thought I was the only one here who cared for detail that small. Major props.

Tips:
Make your own badass superweapon. If bursters melt the arkbird then make something awesome.
Have nagase and foulke debate the peace the ponies bring with them. Both are advocates of peace above all else, especially pixy. Even if he doesn't defect at least put him in some philosophical discussions. Those were some of my favorite parts of the verse.

The demon soars through dark skies, fear and death trail in its shadow beneath. Until men united wield a hallowed sabre, in final reckoning the beast is slain."

2932607
Well i'm glad you like it, but i'm not going to be updating for a while. I'm planning on writing all the remaining chapters and publishing them in one massive update. I'm not even halfway through, so it might be a year or so. I also kinda wanted to do a new story to see how far I progressed. I'll admit the ratings for this one aren't the best, but they're still mostly positive and expected as much for my first fic. Don't worry, though; Ace Combat is my favorite game; the whole reason I wrote this was to put the ponies up against the best (not mindlessly slaughter them like others would claim, I just couldn't think of a way to send Dash against Mobius.) I will finish this at some point, I promise.

3098561 Ah, okay. I've only played six, because I don't have a power cord for my PS2.

3098646
Well, glad you're enjoying it.

3186744
Thanks man. I still remember my first time writing this. God, it felt so awkward even though was all alone. That was a big restriction on my writing that i'm glad I got past (at least partially). I still shudder a bit at some parts, but all in all for my first fic, i'm pleased with it.

Well, you can fave it if you want; I do plan to continue at some point. It'll be a while, but I promise the story is going to please AC fans and especially for Non-AC fans (if any) as they haven't yet seen the amazing twists from the games.

3186744
And be honest, this isn't my first time writing, to say. It's my first fanfic, but I tried writing a military/fiction back when I was 14. Rather mediocre; plenty of speeding and grammar errors, but I'm glad I did it. Gave me experience and showed myself I could do something.

Quick question, will Wardog be turned into Razgriz here or are they staying Wardog? Or is that spoilers?

Dame I was looking forward to that:applecry::fluttershysad::fluttercry::raritydespair::raritycry:


I hope the aces win:flutterrage::flutterrage::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

and the human race is not converted into pony:yay::yay:

vote for the triumph of humanity:rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::twilightsheepish::twilightsheepish:

that equestria surrender:flutterrage::flutterrage:

celestia is judged:trollestia:

luna in power:pinkiehappy:

ponies and humans cooperating together:raritystarry::raritystarry:

but it's just my idea:twilightblush:

everything depends on you the author of this great history

Will the arkbird be used in this?

I'm really interested in what Estovakia has to say about this, maybe they help out Emeria? Garuda team and Strigon team ftw!

An anti pony fanfic on a pony fanfic site. Makes sense.

* waiting to tell Celestia to go dance with the angels*

5389233 More like anti Conversion Bureau.

I WILL be finishing this story at some point, but that will be some time later on.

It's been over five years now..........you think enough time has passed now??? Either update the story or just cancelled it already. So we the readers don't have to wait or wonder when this story is going to continue or not. :rainbowhuh::trixieshiftright:

Login or register to comment