• Published 1st Jul 2013
  • 3,133 Views, 151 Comments

Ace Combat: The Conversion Bureau - Eagle



The Conversion Bureau falls into the Stangereal world of Ace Combat

  • ...
24
 151
 3,133

The Revolutionary

“No matter what the desired outcome is, the world can still change as long as people expand their knowledge and desire change.”
-Joshua ‘Lucan’ Bristow


Near Barsfield, Osea
November 10th, 2010
11:00 Hours

“Listen, following our recent reversals on this front, the situation on the ground has become dire, and we are in danger of losing the battle for the Human’s city. If that happens, they will be able to start to drive us off the continent. Cloud Kicker, take your squadron to the city and help gain air superiority there to assist the troops. Cloud Chaser, your squadron is in reserve, understood?” Their commander asked.

“Yes sir,” they both replied over the radio.

Cloud Kicker peered through the darkness as she and her squadron of nine Pegasi towards the city. It was also raining, which didn’t help much. She loved boasting about how her squadron had yet to lose a battle or fail a mission. Tonight, she hoped to turn the tide back in their favor in the battle for the city; as it had been with the Humans ever since the failed attack on the hill.

In fact, both she and Chaser’s squadrons usually worked together. They had indeed pulled off some near-miracles on the battlefields in USEA; that was why they had been brought to this fight. They we’re expected to perform another miracle and take control of the sky in the area, which both Kicker and Chaser thought they should be able to do.

Coming towards the city, she spotted a flight of planes. They similar to the F-16s she had fought before, but these had wings that were shaped similar to the delta form she had seen on the Mirages. Regardless, there were only five, so she decided to attack.


Wizard
Osean Air Defense Force
8th Air Division, 32nd Tactical Fighter Squadron

“This is Wizard One, the Kickers have entered the net,” their leader, Joshua ‘Lucan’ Bristow reported form his F-16XL.

“This is Wizard Five, roger,” another reported from his YF-23A. “Let’s begin.”

“You’ve built up quite a name; let’s see if you can live up to it,” Lucan said.

“Just watch, we’ve done the impossible before. We’ll do it again right now,” Kicker replied.

“We’ll, let’s see about that,” Lucan taunted. “We’re the stars here, and it’s time for you to exit the stage.”

The fighters met each other head on. In the initial fight, one plane and two Pegasi went down. Just then, the four YF-23 stealth fighters came into the battle. They dove down into the confused Pegasi. One dropped onto the tail of Kickers wingman before he knew the enemy was there.

“Go down in fear!” the pilot said as he shot down the Pegasi.

“An ambush? What kind of style is that!?” Kicker yelled.

“Style doesn’t matter while fighting; the last one flying is the winner,” Lucan replied after shooting down another enemy.

“It doesn’t exactly follow the rules.”

“There are no rules in a dogfight; you just have to take the enemy out.”

Kicker managed to find one of the stealth fighters and followed it. Despite trying its best, the plane couldn’t lose her before she shot it down.

“Chaser, we need help! We’ve been ambushed!” She yelled, but no response came.

“I don’t think your friend will be interrupting our little skirmish,” Lucan said as he flew in behind her. “Besides, this is your type of battle, isn’t it; kill or be killed?”

"I’ll beat you! And then I’ll end this conflict that you started!”

“How arrogant; your princess is the cause of all this conflict,” Lucan said as he simultaneously got a lock on his enemy.

“She only wants this world to change!” she said, trying to shake him off.

“The world will change,” he replied as he fired a missile into his opponent and ended the battle.