• Published 1st Jul 2013
  • 5,157 Views, 595 Comments

Dimension Jumper - redtau



Dimensional Explorer Sarah Jordan is trapped in a land filled with Nightmare spirits, wooden wolves, and ponies.

  • ...
34
 595
 5,157

PreviousChapters Next
Lightning Strikes

James wasn't having a good day. He was supposed to just show up in this world of pastel ponies, spread havoc and chaos, and claim the place for ARCO. So far he'd spent almost half of his energy on an army that had just gotten thoroughly trounced and now the one person he had successfully murdered didn't have the decency to stay dead.

"Sarah, if you won't stay down when you're put down, then I'll just have to use you as best I can."

He raised his hands, and tendrils reached out from the opened skull of his dragon type devourer spawn. They wrapped themselves around Sarah's arms and legs, quickly binding her and beginning to bore into her skin.

"Since you blew his brains out, I'll just make your brain the new one! That way you can enjoy a front row seat to killing all these pathetic-"

The invading tendrils touched her spine, and suddenly his mind was screaming.

There was a voice that spoke like a hundred voices, chanting mantras full of death and blood and violence. There was a sound like writing, and the thoughts of a thousand complex equations changing constantly. There were dreams of darkness and power and fear. Some of the dreams were mantras. Some of the Mantras were equations. Some of the equations were dreams.

In the middle of it all was Sarah, her mind the eye of this storm, and from her perspective he saw himself clutching the sides of his head and screaming. He watched himself fall to his knees before darkness swept over him.

Attention: Emergency disconnect engaged.

James sat up, coughing and spitting. He wiped the back of his hand across his face and found himself bleeding from his nose and ears.

"Fucking bitch."

There was a deep, painful roar and James looked up to see his dragon spawn standing up. Sarah was buried to the waist in the thing's severed neck. He smiled, maybe he had succeeded after all.

Then the monster started to thrash about wildly, and for the first time in his life James heard a spawnling scream.


Princess Luna stared up at Sarah, covered in blood and waist deep in the dragon thing's head. Luna could hear distant echoes of the thoughts roaring in Sarah's head, and she could see the manic grin frozen on her face.

The monstrous beast roared in pain, thrashing around as though trying to stomp out an invisible enemy. It wasn't until the thing raised a claw to rake across its own destroyed face that Luna could see what was really happening.

Its flesh was boiling away. As she watched its skin and muscle dissolved, and the blood pouring from its wounds turned to steam. The thing thrashed and screamed as it was slowly eaten away to nothing, even its blood being cleaned away from her clothes.

It's D! Luna thought, At the trial Sarah said D could eat parts of her body for power! That thing just merged with Sarah, and gave D a small army's worth of flesh to consume!


James fed more of his stored energy into the devouerer parasite and his cursed AI. An armor and shield of bone and steel grew from his body as the last of the dragon-spawn dissolved away into Sarah. He got the shield up just as Sarah slammed into him.

The strike pushed him back a few feet, digging grooves into the blood stained field. Sarah pulled back her metal arm and slammed it into the bony shield again.

"You can't win!" he taunted as the blow landed without effect. "You can't even crack my-"

An intricate circle of dark flames burst into being on his shield, and her fist slammed into the middle at speeds impossible for her strength. The crack ran through the bone of the shield and into the bones in his arm.

"AAAHH! BITCH!" he yelled, bringing his right hand around. A steel blade extended out from his hand and punched through Sarah's unarmored stomach and out her back.

A dark claw wrapped around James' wrist, and he realized that he'd trapped himself too close to his opponent. Her steel arm came back again and the black flame circles etched themselves in the air. The steel fist slammed again and again into the bone shield, cracking and splintering it. The punch slipped past the shield and broke his nose. If it weren't for the additional armor and support, it probably would have broken his neck.

ATTENTION: YOU ARE GETTING YOUR ASS KICKED!

"Break!" he screamed, pushing Sarah back. She held onto his wrist with a death grip, and so he brought the razor edge of the battered shield down on his own arm. Taking a half step back, a small turret raised from his shoulder, and his signature red laser raked across Sarah's body and face, taking her left eye and deeply scaring her body.


"There there, you just stay still, mister dragon." Fluttershy tended to the wounded creature with the last of the medical supplies. The rest of the army had regrouped and was watching the two humans trade blows. The raider was quick to fall back, making use of armor and ranged attacks, while Sarah was putting everything into each hit, ignoring the wounds he dealt her.

"I don't get it. She's fighting like she doesn't care," Twilight said.

"Ah've seen a fight like that before," Applejack said worriedly, "in a cornered critter. Ah don't think she can waste time and energy defending. She's running outta time."

"You are very correct," Princess Celestia said, cringing slightly. "Even from here I can hear all her companions screaming. Whatever seal the elements had on Nightmare is gone, and now there are four minds in that body fighting just to stay alive."

"Well then, let's just hit them with the Elements of Harmony!" Rainbow Dash said. "The field is clear of other baddies and they're holding still enough that we could get them."

"Yes, darling," Rarity pointed out. "But the way they are moving we'd have to hit both."

"What happens if all the spirits are released like last time? Or what if they all get locked inside of Sarah? Or what if the author gives away a plot point accidentally as one of my random ramblings?"

"Uh, Pinkie, you're not makin' a lick a sense."

"Girls!" Twilight got her friends focused. "It doesn't matter. This may be our only chance to stop that monster. Still, it never hurts to have a backup." She smiled. "Fluttershy, how's the dragon?"

"He can't fly, and I don't want him to fight."

"Can he still breathe fire?"

"One or two blasts, but that's all." The dragon nodded in agreement to Fluttershy's assessment.

"OK, Applejack, I want you to get your family ready. Anyone with a bow. Rainbow, it's time to bring the lightning. Think you can target it like we did last week?"

"Yeah, I know to get out of the way this time."

"Rarity, Pinkie, I need you to go help the others. Ranged attacks only. This needs to be a combined strike."


Sarah staggered before James, bleeding from hundreds of cuts and gasping for breath. Sweat poured down her body, mixing with the blood and causing her wounds to sting. James felt and looked better, but he was running low on power. There was only so much in each anchor, and he was starting to feel like he didn't have as much as he ought to.

"Give this up Sarah. You can't beat me. All you're going to do is work yourself into a messy death."

"Messier than being stabbed by someone I thought was a friend?"

"It's just business, Sarah. I don't know why you won't just roll over and die already." A magical glow attracted his attention from the pony's army line. "What are your crayon horses doing now?"

"That is the dumbest version of 'Hey, what's that!?' I have ever-"

Rainbow light slammed down on the two of them, and James felt an odd sense of disconnection. As the light faded, he blinked his eyes clear to see Sarah just kneeling there before him.

"HA!" he threw his right hand forward to blast her away.

Nothing happened.

"Dev? Xnic?"

"SoRrY mAsTeR," the deep burbling voice of the parasite said. "It LoOks LiKe We DoN't NeEd YoU."

James looked to his left in time to see a scale and metal hand brush him aside, throwing him nearly thirty feet towards the tree line.

What stood in his place now was massive. It was flesh and steel and bones all melded into one creature, ten feet tall with massive horns and thick armor. A devouerer parasite and a posessed AI merged into a single body of death incarnate. It stomped over to the kneeling form of Sarah, chuckling to itself.

"AlL tOo EaSy." The new daemon raised its right hand, summoning a war-hammer of fire and blood out of thin air.

Sarah shot straight up, her uppercut throwing the daemon high into the sky.

"OW! WhAt ThE?!"

"Hi" A blue pegasus said as it sped by, a rainbow trailing after it. The sonic boom and corona of light that followed spun the demon around.

"If YoU tHiNk A lItTlE lIgHt ShOw Is GoInG tO-"

"NOW!" the blue pony yelled. Further up the rainbow, every pegasus still air worthy was pearched on Rainbow Dash's House-storm. As one they bucked, disgorging a massive lightning bolt straight down towards the ground. When the massive electrical arc hit the ionized light path of the rainboom trail, it made an immediate right angle turn and streaked along it's curving path.

Straight through the demon.

"AAAAARRRRRGH!"

The thing fell to the ground and as it rose, it found itself staring down a single massive speaker. Perched atop it was the dark alicorn. She drew a single long breath.

The Canterlot Voice hit the microphone, destroying it.

The sound carried up the cables, setting them on fire.

The amplifier did its job as circuits sparked and melted, before the final product was delivered through the speaker as its last act in this world.


The Gryphon Emperor raised his head from his pillow in the early morning and glared at his maids and servants.

"Did one of you just call me a bitch?"


The daemon rolled back, quickly gathering energy to regenerate its ruined ears and eyes. As it rose it felt dozens of stings. The ponies were firing arrows at it. A balista bolt hit and bounced off the armored plate.

"HA! LoOkS lIkE yOu'Ve AlReAdY gIvEn Me YoUr AlL!"

Half a massive bow appeared above the archers in translucent golden energy.

"Your Highness," Princess Celestia called to Queen Chrysalis with an air of smug delight, "if you would care to assist me?"

"It would be my honor, your Majesty!" Queen Chrysalis hissed, vengeance burning in her eyes as the other half of the bow formed from dark green magic.

"READY!" Sweetie Bell yelled as Twilight, Rarity and a few other unicorns lifting the fallen tree into the bow.

"Two degrees down and a degree to the lefth, your Magesthies." Twist said, looking through her spyglass.

"FIRE!" Sweetie called.

The tree had no point to it, but it still punched right through the plate, sticking half way out the back of the demon.

"YOU WRETCHED LITTLE GLUE FACTORIES!" The demon yelled, tearing the tree from it's chest and turning towards the line.

And that's when the dragon caught it in a massive blast of fire, turning the tree to ash and causing the daemon's exposed flesh to bubble.

"ENOUGH!"

A blast pushed back the lesser ponies and scattered the remains of the Bass Cannon.

"I WiLl NoT pUt Up WiTh YoUr PaThEtIc LiTtLe ReSiStAnCe AnY mOrE! YoU AlL DiE! NOW!"

It's arms came together, distending and shifting in a disgusting fashion. Luna watched in horror as she began to recognized the shape they now took.

She was staring down the business end of a soul shard rifle.

PreviousChapters Next