• Published 31st Jul 2013
  • 1,769 Views, 13 Comments

A Rainbow for a Twilight - Ratsenkio



Rule 63 Rainbow Dash X Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
7
 13
 1,769

"When two ponies... - Part 1

It was a usual night for Ponyville. In the sky not a single cloud could be seen, the stars shined with all of their splendor, the moon was full and missing its characteristic mare figure that had gone missing after the return of Princess Luna and Twilight and her friends had caused a ruckus in the middle of it. A nice and common night for the ponies of Ponyville.

It seemed that since Twilight Sparkle came down from Canterlot and had reunited with her friends, Elusive the fashionista, Buttercup the animal caretaker, Pinkie Pie the town’s premier party pony, Applejack the apple-obsessed stallion, and Rainbow Blitz the future wonderbolt, everything in the little town turned upside-down.

On that night, Rainbow Blitz lay in his bed, exhaustion from running through half the town worsened by the fact that he was still recovering from a wing injury, said injury being bad enough to merit a few days in the hospital. At his side lay a stack of books freshly borrowed from the library, straight from the personal collection of Twilight Sparkle.
Grabbing his unfinished book he prepared himself to finish the book that had sparked his new found love for literature. Fiction that is.

For a while, all he did was envision the tales of the adventurous Daring Doo as she expertly freed herself from the deadly trap to the end where she escaped just in time and recovered the treasure from the malevolent paws of Ahuizotl.
With his book finished, he deposited it on his bedside table, careful to not shove the portrait of his friends and him from the time they saved the world from Nightmare Moon, and got himself the next volume of the story.

Before he could open the book and start reading, he thought about how Twilight had been right about him liking the book. Through it all, Twilight had remained understanding and caring to the pegasus, and that weighed on his mind greatly. Sure, Rainbow had found Twilight attractive the first time they met, that being the whole reason for him crashing into her after all. As he got to know her, to spend time with her. Rainbow found himself developing a bit of a crush on his unicorn friend, but thinking it was nothing, he never did anything to show his feelings.
Those feeling kept on growing with time though and now with this new development, Rainbow couldn’t ignore them anymore. He felt the urge to fly out the window and barge through Twilight door, to tell her, to kiss her, to be by her side. However one thing kept him at bay, his fear.

“What if she says no, I don’t think I could handle that. Our friendship would crumble because of me!” Rainbow said out loud.
As if Twilight wouldn’t be your friend if she said no said his subconscious.
“I know! But what if...”
What are you? a mouse or a stallion!
“I’m a stallion”
And what are you gonna do tomorrow morning?
“Ask Twilight Sparkle out on a date!”
And if she say no?
“I’ll ask again!”
And if she keeps refusing
“Then I move on with her as my friend!”

With his resolve at its fullest, Rainbow Blitz forgot everything about his books waiting for him and dove straight to sleep, his mind busy with thoughts of the lavender librarian.
That night he dreamed of a hill with the sunset as its background framed by a beautiful rainbow growing from side to side.

Author's Note:

Well, this is something. I thank thee for the wait, but I think that after some practice, I feel confident enough to try and make this a somewhat competent fic.
Don't expect an update tomorrow but, I'll try to make it before the year and a half mark.
Actually, expect it a little. I may be up to write some more TwiDash tomorrow. Who knows? I certainly don't.

Edit: Now edited by soulwinds!