• Published 30th Jun 2013
  • 1,691 Views, 9 Comments

The Longest Night - lunabrony



The longest night of Applejack's life all started with a single drop of rain. What do you do when those you love most are suddenly taken from you?

  • ...
0
 9
 1,691

Micro: The Day After

Apple Bloom had been the only one to sleep that night. She sensed that something wasn't quite right, but being at such a young age, didn't fully understand the ramifications of the tragic details, and had fallen asleep despite trying to stay up with her siblings.. Applejack and Macintosh had stayed up all night long, barely speaking despite the numerous cups of coffee piled on the table between them.

"Do ya wanna talk about it?" Applejack asked, her eyes heavy and worn. She felt like she had aged several years in a matter of hours.

"Nnnope," Macintosh said quietly. Though he did reach under the table, rummaging for something which he'd stashed there after the events of the previous day.

"All that was left," Mac said slowly, and placed their fathers favorite hat on the table. It had been slightly damaged in the fire, and part of the front had been burned away.

Applejack teared up slightly at the sight of it, pulling the old hat close to her chest. "You want me to have this?" She asked. "Are y'sure?"

Macintosh nodded. "Yup," he said.

Applejack placed the hat on her head, and gazed over at her brother. She knew, despite the horrific tragedy the family had endured, that they would endure and persevere. They always had, and always would.

Author's Note:

Been messing around with little thoughts about little details, wanted to throw this in. Sort of like a deleted scene that never made it into the original.

Comments ( 2 )

I feel real bad now for leaving this on my read later for so long

This was a darn good and well written story, despite it being short. Good work man.

Login or register to comment