• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 741 Views, 6 Comments

A Cause to Die For - Jonah Fun



Love. Hate. Strong words. It's sometimes all to easy to forget their real value. This story serves as reminder of what the words truly mean...

  • ...
 6
 741

The Lone Pegasus

The wind drifted through the sycamore trees surrounding Horseshoe Pond. The small body of water lay there silently and fish merrily swam round its horseshoe shape. In the middle of the land there was a great oak tree who’s branches hung over the water, standing tall and strong, filled with young squirrels looking for love and small birds tending to their young. Blanketed by the shade of the tree, a lone Pegasus slept quietly beside his saddlebag as the sun dawned and his surrounds flourished to life. Around the pond were roses in full bloom, and here or there a bee would excitedly buzz around his nectar goldmine that he found. The whole angelic scene was one often only found in fairy-tales, and therefore was treasured and protected by all who knew of it.

The sleeping Pegasus was male, and able bodied. Delicately positioned upon his light green face was a warm smile, one that told you he appreciated his own life. He had comfortable wings and a short but radiant blue tail and mane. A bird landed on a nearby nest and began to feed its young, who tweeted their high pitched voices with glee. The Pegasus warmly opened his eyes to this, revealing a stunning pair of blue gems which twinkled at the sky despite black pupils in the centre of them. He tenderly got on to his hooves and took a deep breath of the fresh morning air before stretching his legs and wings. He nodded at the surroundings in approval and began to hum while putting on his saddlebag. The Pegasus made his way out of the centre of the pond and looked down the hill to his destination, which was none other than Ponyville. He knew he could’ve flown there, but why miss the chance for an excellent walk through the countryside? For that was the type of pony he was. He mentally prepared himself for the short journey forward, remembering why he was there. He was once a sailor who had sailed with his brothers but left his boat and travelled to Ponyville for a new life. His name was Synther Strongbark, and he eagerly looked at his new home awaiting the treasures he’d find there.

As he left Horseshoe Pond, a sea bound predator shot out at an unsuspecting fish, while a joyful bee blissfully flew into a Venus flytrap that was waiting among the plants. In the clear of day, the thorns on the roses almost twinkled with delight as the predator finished his meal and the flytrap snapped shut.

Author's Note:

Yes, that's horseshoe pond from my other story.
I'm unoriginal, sue me.