• Published 1st Jul 2013
  • 17,195 Views, 327 Comments

Unexpected Results - twilightsmlp



Mike Patterson is a world renown rock climber whose life's goal is to climb to the top of mt. Everest what happens when at the end of his climb there is an explosion that sends him to a new world? *Anthropomorphic Poni

  • ...
65
 327
 17,195

Chapter 4

Unexpected Results
Written By: Twilightsmlp
DISCLAIMER: This is a non-profit fan based work of prose. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the property of Hasbro, and the reinvention of the one and only Lauren Faust. No copyright infringement is intended, please support the official release.
************************************************************************************************************************************************************
As you and Cadence leave the gate of the castle you turn to see what the exterior looks like. It reminds you of something right out of a Disney movie. The size of the castle is incomparable to anything man made you can think of.

“Wow!” You say aloud.

“Do your people not have castles?” Cadence asks.

“We used to, but not anymore and I don’t think any of the castles my people made are as big as this one.” You answer.

“If your rulers don’t live in castles where do they live?” She asks.

“Well in my country our President lives in a mansion called the White House, but in other countries their leaders just live in big houses sometimes mansions. It all depends on the wealth of the country really.” You answer.

“Yes, well we should be off.” She says.

“Where would be a good place for a date? I don’t really know anything about this place yet.” Cadence chuckles as you say this.

“I’d be worried if you did, after all you've only been here for three days.” She says.

This got you thinking. ‘Wow it’s really only been three days and here I am going on a date with one of the nation’s rulers and the others are buying for my affection as well. How am I taking this so well? I should be hiding or crying or something, but I’m not. Am I just pretending that these ponies are humans to keep my sanity? Well best not worry about it now.’ Cadence interrupts your thoughts by tapping you on the shoulder.

“Come on I know the perfect place!” She says excitedly.

As you walk through the city you can’t help but think that these ponies are behind on the times because their capital city looks like a city from Skyrim or something. You then realize that they probably have no need for technology with their ability to use magic. This brings a question to your mind.

“Hey Cadence, how do you guys travel long distances if you’re not a Pegasus or unicorn?” You ask.

“Well most Earth Ponies either take the train or use a Teleportation Station if they can afford it.” She answers.

“I see.” You respond.

You look around at some of the locals. They are all some pastel color and surprisingly most of them seem to be women. They all are looking at you with a mix of fear or curiosity, but most are respectful choose to leave you alone. After bowing to Cadence of course. Which you chuckle at.

“I wonder how they would react if they found out that you and the others are trying to marry me.” You whisper in Cadence’s ear. At which she blushes.

“I’m sure they wouldn't question their ruler’s choice of mate, but the tabloids would have a field day with you.” She Whispers back.

‘Oh you clever girl!’

After about a half an hour of walking and weird looks later you and Cadence reach a restaurant by the name of Rose d'amour using your limited knowledge of French you translate it to The Rose of Love, very Fitting for the Goddess of love.

“The Rose of Love? Little forward aren't we Cadence.” You say with a playful nudge.

“You can read Prench?” She asks.

“I have no idea what ‘Prench’ is, but I do speak a little French.” You answer.

“So not only do we speak the same language, but some of our language from other countries are the same as well!” She says.

“To be honest I thought the only reason we could understand each other was because of your spell, but I guess not.” You respond slightly shocked at the cultural similarities.

“shall we go inside?” she asks.

“This place looks really high end, don’t we need some kind of reservation?” You ask.

“Mike I’m a princess.” She responds dryly.

“Right, let’s go then.” You say.

As you enter the restaurant you’re greeted by a waiter wearing what looks to be a butlers suit.

“Name?” He says without even opening his eyes. Cadence coughs causing him to open his eyes. He starts to panic. “My apologies your highness, right this way.”

You and cadence are lead to a table right next to a window. The setup is so sappy you almost laugh. The chairs have heart shaped seats and there is a huge candle and bouquet right in the center of the table. You and Cadence take your seats.

The waiter than says. “And what can I get you to drink?”

Cadence responds “We’ll take a bottle of Champaign please.”

The waiter bows and walks off.

“So tell me about yourself.” Cadence says.

“Well I grew up in a small town in California, That’s a state in the country I lived in. During High School a friend of mine asked me to go rock climbing with him, so I did. We went to this little cliff right out of town and just climbed after which we camped out on the top of the cliff. I loved that experience so much that I made it my profession.” You answer.

“And what of family?” She asks.

“Well my mother died when I was born and my father died about 5 years ago.” You respond.

“I’m so sorry. I should not have brought up such a sad topic.” She says.

“No its fine my father lived a full and happy life, but enough about me tell me about your family.” You say.

“Well my story is a little strange my father was royalty by blood, but my mother was not she was a Prench waitress. They meet in Prance in the restaurant she was working at and it was love at first sight I guess, but my father’s family was not very excepting of my mother that is except Celestia. My father Asked Celestia if they could get married and she gave them her blessing. Shortly after they got married and had me.” She says.

“How romantic.” You respond.

“I cannot tell if you’re joking or serious.” She says while laughing.

“Tis all part of my plan my dear.” You say in a fake British accent.

You are interrupted by the arrival of the waiter with the Champaign. “And what can I get you to eat this evening?” He says.

You then realize that you haven’t even looked at the menu yet. “Just a moment please.” You say.

As you look over the menu you realize that there is nothing with meat. You decided to ask the waiter. ”Excuse me, but do you serve anything with meat in it?” You immediately regret your decision when you see both the waiter and Cadence’s face turn pale.

“YOU EAT MEAT!” Cadence yells.

“Yes I eat meant, but I also eat vegetables and fruits.” You say defensively

The waiter seems to regain his composure. “Yes let me bring you a Griffon menu.” He says after which he practically runs off.

Cadence seems to finally calm down so you say “I’m guessing ponies don’t eat meat.”

“No we do not and it wasn't until about 300 years ago that we allowed restaurants to serve it.” She says.

“I’m sorry if I’d known that I wouldn't have even brought it up.” You say
.
“No its fine, really.” She says smiling at you.

The waiter returns with the other menu. Looking it over you decided to just have chicken alfredo in hopes that the white
sauce would hide the meat from cadence.

After giving the waiter your orders you and Cadence resume idle small talk until the food arrives. You and Cadence begin eating. She is eating very properly while you on the other hand are eating like you haven’t eaten in 3 days. Needless to say it was not pretty.

After you finish your meal Cadence looks up at you and starts laughing hysterically. She stands up and walks over to your seat she then holds up a napkin. “You might want you use this.” Felling embarrassed you blush and lightly chuckle.

You and Cadence pay the waiter and leave into the cool night. She turns to you and says. “I had a really good time tonight. It was refreshing to say the least.”

“And what is that supposed to mean?” You say in mock hurt.

“Oh nothing, just that you have to be the most messy eater I have ever met.” She says with a chuckle.

“Hey I was hungry!” You say defensively.

You and Cadence walk back to the castle.

“Would the gentlecolt care to escort the mare to her room?” She asks.

“I will walk you to your room, but I’m not going in.” You respond.

You and Cadence walk through the castle to her room.

“I really did have a great time Mike. Are you sure you don’t want to come in?” She says while blushing.

Not wanting to go to fast you just kiss her on the cheek and say. “I know Cadence and I had a great time as well, but the last thing I want is to go to fast I've had enough of that lately.” You say with a chuckle which she duplicates.

“Very well have a good night Mike I’ll see you tomorrow.” She says while kissing you on the cheek.

You then start to walk back to your room until you realize that you had no idea how to get there from Cadence’s room.

“Damn I’m lost” You say aloud.