• Published 29th Jun 2013
  • 3,446 Views, 76 Comments

Fluttershy's Pet Zergling - DragonLady



Fluttershy finds a zergling, and they bond

  • ...
6
 76
 3,446

Fluttershy finds a zergling in her yard

Fluttershy finds a zergling in her yard

Fluttershy hummed a tune as she cleaned her cottage. She brushed over everything in her lounge room one final time with her duster. When she was done, Fluttershy put her duster away. She trotted meekly outside to check on her animals. Nothing looked unusual at first sight outside of the cottage. Fluttershy began to take care of her animals – firstly she decided to check on the birds in the trees near her house. Delicately, she flew up to the high branches of the tree, and checked the amount of bird feed she had placed in a feeding device on the tree.

“That should last for today, my feathered friends,” Fluttershy told the birds nearby, her voice characteristically quiet. The birds chirped their thanks to her in reply. “It’s no problem, really…” Fluttershy then checked their bath water nearby, which was also satisfactory. Fluttershy turned around to continue checking on her animals, and saw an odd form slumped over, slightly under and next to the bridge that lead to Ponyville.

“Oh my,” Fluttershy gasped, “What trouble has this sweet little thing gotten into?” Fluttershy flew relatively quickly down to the creature – she flew nearly as fast as an average pegasus. She landed softly next to the little blue-skinned creature, and took a good look at it. Fluttershy realised as she got closer to it, that this creature was nearly as big as a pony. It had a rounded snout and head, and its small eyes were closed. From where the jaw connected to the skull, a finger-like protrusion extended. It was short with one joint, and ended in a single spike. It had carapace plates that began at the tip of the snout, and ran down its back to the base of its tail. The tail was like a lizard’s, and was nearly as long as the main body of the creature.

Its eyes snapped open, their orange-yellow glow boring into Fluttershy’s light blue eyes. It shuffled as it rose onto its four legs – the front pair like an arm, with a hoof-like foot that ended in a spike. The back pair had two toed feet and the leg structure distinguished the creature as a predator. That was confirmed by the arm-like appendages that towered above the creature, with three vicious spikes at the end. The limb erupted from its back near the front legs. The body of the entire animal shook, and it barked – which sounded more like an adorable squeak – at Fluttershy.

“Please, don’t be scared, little guy,” Fluttershy began, as she looked at the odd, large, wing-like structures that rose from the sides of the creature near its back legs. “I won’t hurt you,” Fluttershy finished, with a smile on her face. She noticed a thin film of mucous ran over the animal’s entire body, as if it had just hatched. The creature tilted its head to the right, gazing at Fluttershy. “Don’t be scared, it’s ok, I’ll take good care of you,” Fluttershy told it. It replied by ruffling its wings, and letting out a long, inquisitive sound. It approached Fluttershy and extended its head towards her. It sniffed her and then pulled its head away. Satisfied, the animal started to lick the mucous off its body.

“Little guy, wouldn’t it feel better if I gave you a bath?” Fluttershy asked it. The creature perked up. It nodded and barked at her. “Um… follow me,” Fluttershy said as she began to trot towards the hose on the side of her house. “Excuse me for asking, but what are you?” The animal ran in front of Fluttershy, barking and pointing at itself with one of its spikes. “Um, please explain… if you don’t mind, that is. I didn’t quite understand that, sorry,” Fluttershy whispered.

The creature glared at her, before growling, barking three times and then swishing its tail back and forth.

“I see, you’re a zergling,” Fluttershy confirmed as the zergling nodded its head, “Thank you for explaining that, my cute little zergling. Let’s keep going if you don’t mind, we’re near the hose for your bath.” Fluttershy and her new zergling went the rest of the way to the bath, the zergling barking almost constantly and running circles around Fluttershy. When they arrived at the bath, Fluttershy told the zergling to keep still. She ran the hose over every part of its body, washing the mucous away. The zergling jumped, fluttering its wings but failing to fly, and barked at Fluttershy. “It’s no problem, really…” she told the zergling.

“I’m sorry, but, um… I have to go and tend to some of my other animals for a while, so can you wait around here somewhere?” Fluttershy asked the zergling. It nodded back at her, and watched her as she flew away. The zergling stalked around the house, curious. It heard a tapping noise just around the corner. The zergling rushed over to the front of the house, and came face to face with a white, angry bunny rabbit. It folded its arms and glared angrily at the zergling.

The zergling brought its head down to the level of the bunny and extended its front leg towards it. The rabbit replied by folding its forearms and continuing to tap its foot on the ground in annoyance. Inquisitively, the zergling brushed against the bunny’s face with the flat side of its spike. It flicked the spike towards itself, leaving the bunny unharmed. The zergling grinned, showing a toothy smile. The bunny looked like a tasty snack. The rabbit shook its head and pointed towards the distant form of Fluttershy. The bunny stared at the zergling, mimed some talking, and then pointed at the zergling. It then quivered, imitating fear.

Replying, the zergling shook its body and then pointed at Fluttershy. Fluttershy wouldn’t be very happy if the rabbit was eaten. That was too bad. The bunny rabbit nodded its head. Slumping its body, the zergling growled with disappointment. It then looked at the bunny. The rabbit pointed at itself, then at Fluttershy. It then brought both of its hands to the left side of its chest. This arrogant rabbit is Fluttershy’s favourite pet? With a flick of its tail, the zergling growled and took a step towards the rabbit. It gave a menacing glare, which the rabbit ignored. It pointed towards Fluttershy and shook its head. The reminder barely stopped the zergling from killing the rabbit.


Stalking off, the zergling growled menacingly. Out of the bunny’s sight, the zergling stretched and flicked its wings. It lay down, curled up into a ball and waited. It closed its eyes and fell into a state of semi-sleep, where its brain rested but its senses remain fully and completely aware, able to snap the zergling awake at any moment. Before the zergling knew it, Fluttershy’s quiet voice drifted its ears. “Hello little zergling,” she said.

Perking up, the zergling squeaked adorably at Fluttershy. It rushed at her, nuzzling her. “You’re going to be my newest animal to look after, my zergling?” The zergling nodded happily. “What should I name you?” Fluttershy asked it. Replying, the zergling ran in circles quickly around her, barking. “I’ll call you Swift… if that’s alright with you…” Fluttershy decided. The zergling skidded to a stop in front of Fluttershy and nodded. Swift approached Fluttershy, coming in contact with her body. It brought its triple spiked limbs around Fluttershy, bringing her into a hug. Swift sighed contently into her cream coat, snuggling into her.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading :)

I'm debating whether or not to write more of Fluttershy's interactions with Swift in further chapters or not. So it's marked as complete for now, but that might change.

If you noticed any errors in the story, please tell me, as I didn't run this story through my pre reader. It was a little piece, and I don't even know if he would like it, considering how different my first story is to this.

By the way, it's crossed over with Starcraft if you didn't figure that out already.

PS. Do tell me if I was successful with Swift and Angel's interaction with each other. Was it clear what they were "telling" each other?

Edit: I'm pretty sure I'm continuing this now. Thanks for the support, you guys.

Edit 2: Added explaining details to the interaction between Angel and Swift, hopefully clearing up some confusion.