• Published 29th Jun 2013
  • 5,909 Views, 297 Comments

Tangled Up In Blue - ShotgunNeko



In a world where ponies and vamponies co-exist, the lovely Octavia has fallen for the dashing vampony Vinyl Scratch. Can their love survive the haters? The self proclaimed Vampony Hunter Rainbow Dash? And most importantly Vinyl's alter ego, DJ P

  • ...
13
 297
 5,909

Things We Do For Wub

Octavia buried her head in her hooves, her body completely drained from the events of the day. After Sunset Shimmer had shared blood with Vinyl Scratch, her marefriend had then become consumed with an even greater hunger. Her hunger had resulted in a transformation in which her alternate personality, DJ PON3, had emerged and overtaken Vinyl's body.

Sunset Shimmer had been ecstatic.

DJ PON3 had then immediately taken off to feed, with Sunset following suit. Octavia hadn't even had a moment to say goodbye before the two had disappeared, leaving everypony else in awkward silence. Lyra and Bon Bon had tried their best to console Octavia, but their kind words had fallen on deaf ears. The earth pony was still in a state of shock. Rarity had also been concerned, but Applejack had maintained they should stay out of other ponies' affairs and so the unicorn had held her tongue.

The cellist was unsure as to how she had made it to her home and yet here she was, lying on her bed, completely exhausted and yet unable to succumb to sleep. She couldn't understand why she had yet to cry. No matter how much pain and sadness she felt in the bottom of her heart, no tears were able to make their way to the surface.

She kept going over and over the events of the past twenty four hours in her mind. The day was on automatic repeat as she wondered how she had gone from so incredibly happy to so terribly distraught in the course of only mere hours.

In the end, she came to the conclusion that it was all entirely her own fault. Vinyl had warned her long ago that she had secrets. The unicorn had made it quite clear from the beginning that she was not marefriend material. But Octavia had been stubborn. She had stupidly thought her love could conquer every one of Vinyl's demons.

"I'm such a fool..." Octavia trailed off, whispering into her pillow.

Finally, as if something inside of her mentally broke, a wave of fresh, salty tears escaped her eyes, cascading slowly down her cheeks and matting her fur. Her hooves grasped the bed sheets as she began to cry harder, allowing a low moan to escape her lips as her sadness and frustration finally drove her to a breaking point.

The cellist was so distraught that she almost didn't hear the soft knocking on her penthouse door. She blinked momentarily as she lifted her head from the soaked pillow, listening intently as the soft knocking continued. Jumping from the bed, her sadness momentarily forgotten, she had one thought and one thought only.

Could it be HER?

Octavia's heart pounded tightly in her chest as she ran to the door. Even though she had just reminded herself over and over again why it wouldn't work out between them, the all familiar anticipation of seeing Vinyl had infiltrated her mind. If Vinyl had come to sort things out, she owed her the chance to listen.

Right?

Octavia quickly wiped her eyes, hoping to look somewhat presentable as she opened the door. Unfortunately her joy was short lived, as Frederick Horseshoepin was standing on the other side. Octavia's excitement quickly turned to disappointment, and then anger.

"How DARE you show up here?" The cellist growled, trying to push the door closed.

Frederick was too quick and managed to wedge himself between Octavia and the door.

"Please, Octavia I didn't come here to fight. I came to apologize and make sure you were okay."

Octavia continued to try and push the brown earth pony back, but between her exhaustion and Frederick's own strength, he managed to push past her and slip inside her apartment. This only served to fuel the mare's anger, as she slammed the door shut behind him.

"I'm not in the mood to see you. Please leave." Octavia said through clenched teeth.

"Octavia..." Frederick started, reaching out to touch her tear stained cheek.

Octavia flinched and backed away.

"I know what I did was terrible." Frederick began. "So, I came here to make things right."

Octavia sighed as she noted the nervousness in her old friend's voice.

"I was just really jealous of Vinyl Scratch. I mean, you know I've always had feelings for you."

Octavia's head snapped up to meet Frederick's pleading eyes. She wasn't sure if it was because she was mentally and physically exhausted but the earth pony's words seemed sincere.

Awkward. But sincere.

"She could have been killed because of your thoughtlessness." Octavia spat.

"I-I know.."

"Do you have any idea what I've been through these past few hours? Any at all?"

"N-No..."

Octavia sighed and relented. Although his foolishness and jealousy could have gotten her and the others killed, her real anger was more at herself than anypony else. She had gotten involved with Vinyl, knowing full well that ponies were sure to be unaccepting. She thought her friends, would be different but she was quickly learning that nothing on the surface was really what it seemed to be.

"Frederick, just go home. Please?"

Frederick sighed, but oddly enough he didn't move. "You look upset. I'm sure I'm the cause of some of it, if not all of it. If you need somepony to talk to, it's the very least I can do, after how terribly I behaved."

Before she had a chance to speak, Octavia felt Frederick wrap his front hooves around her, pulling her close to his chest. Although she silently wished her was somepony else, she closed her eyes and allowed herself a moment of rest in his forelegs. She knew it was wrong to pretend he was Vinyl, even if it was only for a few fleeting moments.

As the moments continued to pass slowly, Frederick smiled to himself. This was absolutely perfect! It was true he had come by to make sure Octavia hadn't done something irrational, like go after her vampony marefriend, but he never expected to find her like this.

Broken.

And perfectly vulnerable. He knew this was a chance he couldn't pass up. She needed sompeony and why shouldn't it be him? He had waited so long to hold her like this and he wasn't about to squander his opportunity. Gently, he began rubbing his hooves down her back, feeling her shiver beneath him. He waited to see if she would scold him before moving his hooves lower, slowly massaging both sides of her flank in a circular motion.

Octavia was a world away. She had long replaced Frederick with Vinyl and was slowly melting further and further into her vampony lover's embrace. But something was not quite right. Something was nagging at the back of her mind and she just didn't have the strength to deal with it. The cellist could feel herself being pushed forward onto her bed. She landed softly on her tummy, moaning Vinyl's name as she felt Fredricks weight on top of her.

The pianist shook his head as Octavia called out for her marefriend. It wasn't ideal, but he was past the point of caring. He was finally going to make Octavia his mare. As he was about to descend on his prey, he was stopped by the loud shattering of glass. Before he could process what was happenning he felt immense pain as the wind was knocked completely out of him.

The loud noise caused Octavia to snap out of her trance and back into reality. What was going on? She looked to the window of her balcony and saw what was left of it now lying on the ground. It had been completely obliterated. She then heard a strangled moan from the other side of the room and as she looked she was surprised once again.

Vinyl Scratch was ontop of Frederick. She was holding him up high, crushing him against the wall. Her hoof was smashed right against his windpipe, and from the sounds of it, he was having trouble breathing.

Frederick struggled to say something as the vampony continued to crush his throat. He could feel the air being sucked from his lungs as he tried desperately to breathe. The vampony in front of him smiled maniacally, before bringing him down to her mouth. Frederick closed his eyes, resigning himself to his fate as vampony food. He was surprised when he suddenly felt himself dropped to the floor.

"Octy belongs to ME!" The unicorn claimed, opening the door to Octavia's apartment. "She is MINE!"

Frederick felt himself being lifted violently into the air by magic. He tried to grab something, anything, but only succeeded in flailing his legs in every direction.

"Help me, Octavia." He pleaded loudly.

Octavia looked from her marefriend to Frederick, but before she had a chance to stop the crazed unicorn, the pianist was sent from the room in a flash of light, and the door was slammed unceremoniously shut.

The unicorn lifted a hoof and ran it through her wild, untidy mane. She then turned to look at Octavia.

"Sup?"

"V-Vinyl?" Octavia stammered, frozen on the bed.

As she heard her name, a look of confusion passed over the unicorn's face. Her eyes slowly searched Octavia, looking her up and down before she pressed her hoof to her forehead.

"Vinyl! Are you okay?"

Vinyl looked up again, as she moved her lips to speak. No sounds were heard as instead the unicorn's eyes rolled to the back of her head and she fell to the floor.

"Vinyl!" Octavia yelled, rushing to her side, pushing the vampony onto her back.

Unbeknownst to Octavia, Sunset Shimmer watched from the balcony. The vampony sighed as she used her magic to fix the broken glass door. Broken glass was one of her pet peeves. She then continued to watch from beyond the glass, curious as to what sort of hold this earth pony mare seemed to have on her maker.

She and DJ PON3 had been happily feasting on some delicious pegasi one minute, and the next, her maker had torn off in a hurry. The DJ was fast and Sunset had been surprised at how hard it was to keep up with her teleportation spells.

The orange mare continued to watch as Octavia attended to Vinyl Scratch. The distraught look on the cellist's face brought a smile to her own. If this silly mare knew anything, she would have realized this was just another blackout and Vinyl would likely awaken soon.

Octavia pressed a cold cloth to Vinyl's forehead, placing it right underneath her horn. Once again, everything was moving in fast forward and the cellist barely had time to come to terms with things that had happenned. She had almost done something terrible with Frederick! She felt so ashamed just thinking about it. Thankfully DJ PON3 had come in when she had. Still, why had the DJ come to see her? She had only met Vinyl's alternate personality once. Octavia blushed, remembering how that night had ended.

Octavia lay her tired head on Vinyl's chest, wondering how one pony could make her feel so many things at once. Even after everything she knew about the vampony and every dangerous situation she had been in, she knew she couldn't escape it. She loved this unicorn with her entire heart. Distancing herself was never going to change the way she felt.

Sunset watched intently as the two ponies lay in each others forearms. She had to admit she was even more intrigued by Vinyl's earth pony marefriend. She really didn't give up easily did she? The orange unicorn smiled to herself, making her way to the edge of the balcony. For now, she would allow Octavia to have her moment. Sunset felt a smile tugging at her lips. She hadn't felt this good since Celestia had chosen Twilight Sparkle to be her new student. As her horn glowed and she disappeared into the night, she only had one thought.

She couldn't wait to play with her new rival.

To be continued...

Author's Note:

Not much to say except thank u to everyone who continues to read and leave comments!