• Published 29th Jun 2013
  • 1,694 Views, 8 Comments

Puella Magi Pony Magica - Planetarian



What happens when miracles and despairs can cross from Earth to Equus with impunity... (alt/anti TCB and Madoka)

  • ...
9
 8
 1,694

Akt I, Szene II -die kleine Welt-

Akt I, Szene II, Der Tragödie erster Teil

Faust

You call yourself a part, yet seem complete to me?

Mephistopheles

I'm speaking the truth to you, and modestly.

Even if Man’s accustomed to take

His small world for the Whole, that’s his mistake:

Faust I, Act I, Scene III


The Library, Ponyville

Twilight Sparkle was heavy with the weight of her crown.

The proverbial Sword of Damocles hung low as of late (human expressions were apt;) Equestria drew the ire of her neighbors, and of the much larger body of humanity.

Fortunately, the ails of that other world was a barrier away. So thin was this demarcation line, yet so vivid and so absolute was its distance.

Interglobal problems can wait... the international problems were more than enough as it were.

The Conversion Bureaus have yielded promising, delightful newfoals that seek only better lives for themselves. They were no puppets of the Equestrian state (contrary to Griffin accusation,) but that of living beings that had all the dignities of any Equestriani equine.

"I really despite anypony that accuses The Princess of making mindless drones out of the humans! I am sick and tired of it."

The newfoals were far from perfect beings, as were the case with ponies.

"The newfoals are all sapient! I've heard them curse in words that we didn't think could be used as capital offense in bold letters! They are rather like you, Spike."

The dragon was clearly unamused.

"You mean that they breathe fire out of their mouths? Well some do, but not in emerald."

The winged unicorn paced back and forth.

"It's not as if that we aren't working on serums that can turn humans into griffins, zebras or other species... but let's be realistic! How many of these races have significantly contributed to the research? The kirins and the deers of Neighpon and Sima are the exception! Nopony else would trust us!"

Twilight was in a fit of righteous rage.

The rainbow-colored mane of Rainbow Dash waved about as she lets forth her own torrent of complaints.

"Yea! That's right Twi. Seriously, buck them! Gilda can't get back to Griffonia just for arguing that it would make sense to work with us on the conversion serums! She's a hardcore patriot! What gives!"

Dash wasn't done.

"And don't get me started on the snobs all over Canterlot. I really want to drop them off of the mountain cliff! Seriously! I've HAD IT with them!"

Applejack coughed to rein in Rainbow Dash.

"Well RD, blowing off steam here is fine'n dandy, but we'd have somethin' called decorum when we' get back to the mud pit..."

Pinkie loathed the realities. Her mane sunk.

"McMeanies McPants really should have cupcakes stuck up in their potty mouths. I'd put one in every single one of these ponies (and I can,) but I don't have the time to make the cupcakes to do it anymore!"

Fluttershy was dejected.

"Twillight... I don't know how to sound friendly to them... they won't listen to us. It's not just them... the humans are like that too..."

Rarity looked as if she bore the weight the world upon her back.

"Twilight, our country simply cannot afford any fiscal concessions. The treasury cannot address newfoals indefinitely. We need those louts on this land to have some semblance of collective duty if we are to save those humans from impending doom... "

The lavender Princess extended on Rarity's point.

"We need real friends of the humans as well. Newfoals aren't enough... we need actual political players count for something! Urgh!"

Rainbow Dash patted Twilight's shoulder sympathetically.

"Books didn't do jack here, egghead."

The youngest member of the Equestriani Triarchy nodded in gratitude. "Thanks, Rainbow Dash..."

Most of the group were on their haunches in the library. Armed guards were posted outside, but that's unavoidable. The barrier crisis had ripped the remaining five of the six from their daily lives, and forced a transplantation to Canterlot.

Everything was at stake. Twilight needed her comrades to wage this battle on multiple fronts.

"I am sorry, everypony." Twilight was rather deep in remorse. "None of you would've wanted to deal with the ugliness of making fertilizers like this..."

The ponies all knew about the ugly pun of turning dung into something worthwhile.

"Ah reckon' that they dun wanna smell dat fine stuff that we call immigration." Applejack was uncharacteristically snide. "All of them passed the buck, be they dragons or griffins..."

Rainbow Dash had to add her own flavor.

"Thought they were proud warriors. Look at this! They tucked in their tails and went for safe grounds! Seriously. Buck'em all."

The alabaster unicorn glanced at Ponyville from a windowpane.

"Oh Twilight, I've never thought that I've grown to despise attention... the eyes that cast their glance upon me saw not of wonders and adoration, but that of sheer filth."

She paced.

"Even here, being confined to this quarter, I feel love and relief. This is indeed my home, Twilight. Perhaps I am turning into Applejack."

The orange mare snorted.

"Ah've always known that ya'll will see the light, sooner or later."

Pinkie Pie was munching on a doughnut.

"So Twilight, are we here just to talk about happy things? Or You want us to talk about some new danger for Equestria? My Pinkie sense was tingling, but I don't know if it's either/or!"

Twilight Sparkle actually chuckled, albeit bitterly.

"What if I tell you that it's both, Pinkie Pie? We need to get away from Canterlot for both counts!"

Fluttershy asserted herself.

"I agree. The air at Canterlot is toxic."

"In more ways than one." Spike can't refuse a chance to add his two bits.

"Well everypony. Time for me to lecture." Twilight got off her haunches as her comrades listened in.

"We've always assumed that the barrier is going to transform Earth, correct?"

The group nodded.

"I am beginning to think that there's more to it."

Twilight moved about.

"The humans have told us that their Earth is a round object in space. We originally thought that Equus somehow appeared on their Earth, and was turning the Earth into something similar to our lands, filled with ambient mana in everything."

Twilight's reasoning continued.

"But the thing is, what if Equus is also a round object in space?"

Rainbow Dash was puzzled.

"You mean to tell me, that Equestria sits on a large, round..."

"Planet, Dash. Planet. It's not hard to imagine. We've been to our moon before. It looks very flat to us when we're on the moon's surface, since it's so big. I think it's the same with Equus."

"Ooo! So we are too balls flying in space that are tethered somehow?"

Twilight allowed air to escape with a sigh.

"Yes Pinkie. I think so. A tether that's large enough to cover all of the landmasses that Equestria and our neighboring countries."

Applejack had a question.

"Hold on sugarcube. Humans are sayin' that we kinda popped up in the middle of an ocean!"

"We did. The diameter of the Equestrian barrier is around 2300 kilotrots." Twilight added. "Our continent is the second largest island on their planet, second to Antarctica, beating Australia. Other islands don't count into this."

The ponies looked at Twilight, being a bit puzzled.

"I am thinking that the barrier is actually expanding out , making Earth overwriting or overlapping our ... planet. Think about it. The islands that we have assimilated so far changed from Earthern skies to Equestrian skies. We know that our sun is nowhere as massive and as far as the one that circles... "

Twilight had to correct herself.

"that Earth circles around."

"It's damn crazy, I tell ya." Applejack winced at the celestial mechanics of the Solar system.

"We don't know for sure. We ponies can't go into space like the humans can. They despise us unfortunately, so we can't ask them on whether or not if their Earth is leaving their sun. We just don't know about space as the humans do!"

"Both Princess Luna and Princess Celestia have said that they can't leave our world far enough to see it as the humans have. Our moon's too close to see more than our... continent and Princess Celestia hasn't ever seen us from the Sun."

Twilight groaned.

Continent. Never thought that I'd use this term. The lavender mare said to herself.

"As much as ponies have problems with humanity's utter lack of magic, they have better tools! I can't imagine how long it'll take for us to get those skills after the purification process!"

Twilight looked out to the clear sky.

"One example. Humans don't just fly with machines. They get out of their planet with machines. Do you even fly as high as the human airplanes?"

Rainbow shook her head.

"I can go 2 kilotrots. Most pegasi won't." We walked the magical rope to our moon last time. Not possible to get there on wingpower alone. Those human planes can go 9 kilotrots regularly. No airship can ever touch that."

Fluttershy looked as if she had some things on her mind.

"What is it, Fluttershy?"

"Urr... Twilight, did you... think about this after... that magical quake?"

Twilight looked at Fluttershy and gave a nod.

"Yes, Fluttershy. I haven't told anypony about any of this actually."

Dash was very proud.

"Twi's the best egghead in all of Equestria. Course she's gonna be the only one that would have thought of it."

Spike was also swelling with pride.

"Twi's really the most smartest unicorn in the world!"

Twilight suddenly paused.

"Wait, you felt it?!"

Fluttershy was slightly baffled.

"Yes... some of my animal friends also felt it at the Canterlot garden."

Rarity was pondering something.

"Well dear, I had this nauseating sensation of a magical maelstrom washing over me as well, but none of the attendants had shared my bout of sickness. I've brushed it off then, but it's clearly no isolated incident..."

"You felt it too, Spike."

Spike talked.

"Well, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo all felt something. They were together when it struck..."

Rainbow dash turned to Pinkie Pie.

"I had a terrible doozy just before that tsunami. I knew that it was from some crazy miracle... but that's all I know!"

Applejack spoke next. "Ah thought ah was jus too overworked... it was big. Ah wasn't in Canterlot, was back on the farm. Big Mac was fine'n dandy. He caught me and forced me to bed."

"Ah gave the I am in adequate condition, and I am not feeble to him. Ah've been spendin' way too much time in the courts..."

Rainbow Dash spoke last. "I was flying back to Canterlot when I felt it. The other Pegasi went on as if nothing was happening. I was in panic mode. I had to land ASAP and didn't fly for a good half an hour after that."

Twilight was deep in thought.

"Both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna have confirmed the sensation. Our Conversion Bureaus have turned up nothing. It's really been bothering me. I know that it's from beyond the barrier, but where exactly?

She cringed.

"It was rather universal in direction. I know that it would have come from the Americas if it were approaching from the west, and Europe if it were the East, but..."

"This is why I've been thinking about how that the Earth is round. A ripple that came out of somewhere that's on the other side of this sphere might be the reason as to why we're feeling it everywhere, and not from one direction."

"Whoa Twi', ah I need see this... it's hard to imagine this."

Applejack asked Twilight to give a better visualization of her finding.

Twilight obliged. The turned to the Earthern globe.

"Take a look at this globe." Twilight added. "Equestria sits over here in the Atlantic, and you can see that a wave that comes from either North America, Europe would have a direction."

She motioned her hoof on the surface of the globe while her friends studied the globe intensely.

"It it came from what's opposite of us though... I can't be sure as to where, but it'd be somewhere around the Pacific Ocean, or one of the countries that are over the area."

Twilight was spent.

"With none of the bureaus reporting this kind of activity, I can't pinpoint where this magical shock had happened. I mean we can only say that it's not the Americas or Europe. That leaves 2/3 of humanity to cover! That scope is massive! So what if we can technically teleport to Kuala Lumpur... the area is just too impossibly huge."

Spike dryly added. "Not that you can do this without the humans up in arms... and hold you at spearpoint."

Twilight retorted. "Gunpoint. They have guns."

The Element bearers all had a moment of silence.

"Well Twi, ya think that it's really somethin' fierce?"

"I don't know Applejack. It's not usual at all, and it's not something that the humans have done. It wouldn't have been this severe were seismic reactions from their nuclear explosions or their massive earthquakes."

Rarity was frustrated.

"Oh Twilight, my dear, this is an event that has befallen upon us at the Worst Possible Time! Our state has nary the resource to address it, and we are chained to our stations."

The alabaster mare paused dramatically.

"I believe that I speak for all of when I say that we would have devoted our collective might to address this ill omen, had we not been committed to the affairs of the state."

Pinkie Pie grimaced.

"I think that Lyra may be able to help... she can look around and see if the humans are finding anything odd."

This advice came oddly from Pinkie Pie.

"I'd go out too, but the newfoals need to have somepony to help them out against the meanies! I'll go with you girls if things got really bad, but protecting ponies from being bullied is really important!"

Fluttershy was in full agreement with Pinkie Pie.

"Newfoals and the ponification serum are really big projects..."

Applejack's shoulders drooped low.

"Ah've been might busy with land surveying. The Grand Vizier that is Blueblood is a varmint that doesn't do one bit of work to help! Ah have ta go and take a look at'em new territories at home and over human Earth. Can't leave ya all by your lonesome, Twilight."

Rainbow Dash concurred.

"I've been hitting way too many books for my taste, Twi. Seriously, Lyra knows more about human gadgetry than any living pony. The newfoals of course do know, but none of them are in any shape to be real help..."

Twilight solemnly looked at her closest friends, comrades, sisters and advisers all-in-one.

"What choice have we got... I am just thankful that Princess Celestia is there to handle the diplomatic storms... and Princess Luna with intelligence when she can. I find it ironic that us six have become a court of our own..."

Spike rolled his eyes.

"The Royal Ponyville Court of Harmony, huh?"

Applejeck kicked a hind leg.

"Royal Ponyville... ah'd never thought I'd see the day. Kinda not foalin' round with that statement anymore."

Rarity touched her growing horn with a degree of trepidation. Ever since Twilight's coronation, both her and Twilight's horn have been extending in length. Rainbow Dash had remarked on her increase in stamina as well.

Our shared experience was no coincidence...

Rarity left this unsaid.

Twilight concluded as she turned to her comrades.

"Equus gives us more than enough to worry about. The Princess had protected us from all the dirty works, but she needs our help now. All of us felt the same way... or we wouldn't be here today."

Pinkie Pie's mane puffed up a little.

"We'd giggle at ghosties in Tartarus if we needed to go there! They don't like fun... you know, just like those McMeanies!"

Rainbow Dash was uplifted by Pinkie's remark.

"That so random. I miss Pinkie being Pinkie."

Pinkie waved at the door.

"Let's go and have some cupcake, muffin, pie and whatever! To Sugarcube Corner! It's on me!"

She dashed out the door as Rarity was about to say that they should have the billed it to the treasury.

Twilight was ushered by Rainbow Dash to follow Pinkie Pie. It's time to eat, drink and be merry.

Author's Note:

This chapter is finally less ham and more ponies being ponies.
One of the things that I want to do is to use TCB and see how mechanics might impact the homefront... what if the way how the entirety of Equestrian celestial mechanics have to change as well?

Another thing is what's worse... atrocities or just misunderstanding?

Next chapter should take us finally to ground zero. How to construct the reconstructed Mitakihara?

Comments ( 1 )

Damnit I want to see Madoka and Homura kicking Xenolestia in her racist, genocidal, hypocritical flank.

Login or register to comment