• Published 30th Jun 2013
  • 5,352 Views, 108 Comments

Naruto Ryhmes - anommalcolm



Naruto Uzumaki is lost to Konoha when he vanishes durring an attack on his life. He winds up in the magical land of Equestria in under the care of a certain Zebra. Watch as he grows and faces numerous challenges caused by his past and his future.

  • ...
13
 108
 5,352

The Fifth Rhyme

The Fifth Rhyme

It had been three days since their first lesson. Twilight and Naruto were using transformation to appear as ordinary alicorns (well, as ordinary as alicorns can be any way). After their fourth lesson, Twilight had a major stomachache. Luckily, Celestia knew some medical magic.

“Twilight, have you been eating right?” Celestia asked, after scanning the filly.

“Of course! I have had a balanced diet for as long as I can remember,” Twilight responded.

“According to my spell, your body isn’t getting enough nutrients. Something is off.”

Surprisingly, Naruto had the answer. The very unpleasant answer.

“Have you eaten enough meat?” He queried.

Twilight was horrified, and even Celestia flinched in distaste. Then, Celestia made the connection.

“You two are part fox, so of course you’d be omnivorous. Twilight, you need to add meat to your diet. Nothing to major. Some fresh fish ought to do it. Mischievous, how did you know you two need meat?”

“I have always eaten meat. Humans crave meat. Even after becoming an alicorn-fox, I continued to have the same cravings. Sorry Twilight, I forgot that most ponies don’t eat meat. I should have told you sooner. Twilight?... Twilight?”

Twilight had actually fainted. The prospect of having to consume the flesh of an animal was too much for her. Celestia picked her up and carried her to the kitchen pantry, where they stored preserved meat for foreign guests (griffins, dragons, minotaurs, and even some diamond dogs). There, she revived Twilight with a spell. Twilight was still less than enthusiastic about the new addition to her diet.

“I don’t wanna!” The filly protested.

“Twilight, it’s good for you.” Celestia said.

“I don’t care!” Twilight stated resolutely.

Celestia looked at Mischievous. He nodded, and then moved really close to Twilight. He looked her in the eye and spoke.
“If not for yourself, Twily, then please, do eat it for me.” He pleaded

Twilight wavered under his gaze, and hesitantly took a bite out of the offered food. After a few chews the flavor came rushing to her. Her eyes widened, and she took another bite. She then began eating much more quickly. Eventually, Celestia had to take the rest away, much to the filly’s displeasure.

“Twilight, it’ll spoil your dinner if you eat all of it.”

“No fair!” She squealed.

Celestia just shook her head and began mental preparation for the coming conversation with the filly’s family. She could hear the protests already.

“Sorry, your highness, I think I misheard you. It sounded like you said our daughter needs to start eating meat.” Night Sky asked.

“That’s exactly what I said. The fox traits in your filly’s biology have extended to digestion and metabolism. She needs meat to remain healthy. Otherwise, she’ll burn herself out, all the magic she uses. She can’t simply stop using magic either, the vast reserves in her body would boil if left unutilized.” Celestia explained.

“This is terrible.” Moonbeam sobbed. “Having to eat meat! The guilt will kill her!”

“She’ll be fine,” Celestia smiled. “Twilight is one of the most resilient fillies I’ve ever encountered. She’ll amaze you with her strength.”

Celestia didn’t mention that said filly had already eaten some meat, and seemed to enjoy consuming it, very much.
From that day fourth, Twilight’s diet included a balanced insertion of meat, usually in the form of fish. It was another necessary but unfortunate secret. Driving deeper the wedge between the two foals and most of their peers.

Life moved on, and time kept on turning. Twilight and Naruto continued their lessons with Celestia, as well as training in the ninja arts in secret. The secret arts and the sealing arts were converted to use magic rather than chakra. This accelerated the growth in their power significantly. It is much easier for a unicorn or alicorn pony to learn to use magic in a new way, than for anyone to spend years developing a powerful chakra network, which was, in ordinary living things, incredibly underdeveloped.

They practiced the martial arts in both human transformation and in their true forms. They advanced quickly in this field as well. The strength and endurance that comes from being part earth pony allows for long periods of exercise and physical conditioning. Their lack of proper ninja tools was solved when Twilight learned a forge spell. She created proper ninja tools by reshaping raw materials with magic. The two practiced with a wide variety of these as well. They became competent with most, but weren’t masters by any stretch of the imagination. They would have to rely on superior physical abilities, superior ninjutsu, or craftier tactics to fight a master of ninja tools.

Their studies with Celestia were equally successful. Twilight showed an innate talent for learning spells incredibly quickly and remembering almost everything perfectly. Naruto wasn’t as naturally talented, but kept up by working with incredible effort. Even Celestia wasn’t sure where he obtained all his energy from. Days became weeks, weeks became months, months became years. Two young ponies were well on their way to becoming a force to be reckoned with.
********************************(Konoha)************************************

Hiruzen Sarutobi was finally about to get some answers. It had taken several years to track down the toad sage. While the sannin was head of an important spy network, his intelligence was usually delivered via courier. Tracking his exact location was, as a result, quite difficult, especially with the speed at which he travelled.

Jiraiya had finally returned to the village a little under a month ago. He was immediately put to the task of unraveling what happened to Naruto. Jiraiya was stumped at first. He said the seals involved were the most complicated formulae he’d ever encountered. Three weeks of examining later, he was ready to make his report.

“Well, Sensei, we have good news and bad news and terrible news. Which do you want first?”

“*Sigh* Let’s start with the good news, Jiraiya,” the aged ninja answered.

“I’ve analyzed the section of the seal regarding the destination of the subject. As best I understand it, Naruto was sent somewhere habitable and populated. He could easily be alive and well.”

“Excellent!”

“The bad news is that the ritual was more than just transport. It connected our land to a place separated by more than just distance. Someone went and rewrote the laws of nature for this. I have no idea what to expect when this finally catches up to us.”

“Okay, I think we can-”

“Oh, and this jutsu appears to be designed specifically for Naruto. Sending someone after him will require an entirely new set of seals and ritual. A dedicated team should have it ready about the time the boy turns 15.”

“*Sigh* I’ll get someone right on that.” Sarutobi was a patient man, but this was just getting ridiculous.

Author's Note:

Anyone who thinks Twilight is being childish, you're right. They're still foals in this chapter, after all. Even if the weight of the world is on their shoulders.