• Published 30th Jun 2013
  • 5,368 Views, 108 Comments

Naruto Ryhmes - anommalcolm



Naruto Uzumaki is lost to Konoha when he vanishes durring an attack on his life. He winds up in the magical land of Equestria in under the care of a certain Zebra. Watch as he grows and faces numerous challenges caused by his past and his future.

  • ...
13
 108
 5,368

The Fourth Rhyme

The Fourth Rhyme

Celestia was waiting for her two new students to arrive in the “classroom”. It was a large, windowless stone room close to the base of her castle. She had scheduled every lesson in the near future in this room. It was a safety precaution, so nopony would get hurt if their magic went out of control again. Celestia had to teach them full control of their magic, but first, there was something even more important: teaching Mischievous how to use his magic.

Twilight and Naruto were on their way to their first lesson. Normally Twilight would have been nervous, perhaps even petrified on her first day as Celestia’s student, but things had changed drastically for the foals. The revelations of the horrors of war were enough that Twilight’s greatest fear no longer had anything to do with studies. The link with Naruto also helped, as his determination and confidence were seeping into her. She occupied herself with the theories about how the ninja arts worked and potential ways to convert them into a magic based form, rather than the chakra that humans used.

Naruto was reviewing everything he knew of magic, which wasn’t much. As a human his own magic had been buried in him. Nopony thought he’d need to know the ins and outs of unicorn magic, so they never gave him lessons, not even on the theoretical aspects of magic. Now that he was an alicorn/fox hybrid, he would need to learn everything from scratch.

They were both abruptly brought out of their own thoughts upon arrival. Celestia was waiting for them.

“Hello, my students.”

“Hi Princess!” they both responded at the same time.

“Mischievous, how much do you know about using your horn?” She asked, delicately so as not to hurt feelings.

“About magic, I know next to nothing. Despite how much attention I've been paying” Naruto answered nervously.

“That’s alright, we’ll start with the basics. Magic is a form of energy. It exists in all living things, usually in a dormant state. A few creatures can utilize their magic, sometimes passively, such as pegasi and griffins, sometimes actively, such as unicorns or alicorns.” Celestia began explaining

“What about potions, like mom makes?” Naruto asked.

“Hmm… Potions are an active use of magic, however alchemy involves drawing on the magic in the ingredients, the alchemist herself need not use even a slip of her own magic. Now, for magic to manifest it needs a focus to shape it. In alchemy, the ingredients do this. In pegasi, the wings enable flight, the coat and hooves enable interaction with clouds and other weather. In unicorns the horn allows for manipulating magic in a wide variety of ways. In earth ponies the skeletal and muscular systems are abundant in magic, which gives them vast reserves of strength and a resilience most living things simply cannot match. Alicorns, including you two, have the qualities of all three ponies. But we’re going to focus on one aspect specifically: the horn, and unicorn magic.”

As the lesson continued, Naruto learned to channel magic through his horn with great precision. Now that somepony was showing him how, the basics were easy to grasp. Levitation, being the simplest magic a unicorn can learn, was the first skill Celestia had him practice. It wasn’t easy (much like learning to use a muscle you were previously unaware of), but Naruto was learning fairly quickly.

Meanwhile Twilight was analyzing every detail of what Celestia said, and quickly drew parallels between magic usage and the ninja arts. Both (with the exception of alchemy and the sage art) relied on energy within the user. Both required a focus (unicorn horn, ninja hand sign). If chakra and magic were, indeed, merely two forms of the same thing (strongly supported by the kyuubi’s chakra being converted to magic), then “it should be possible to use magic to produce the same effects as those produced in the ninja arts, perhaps even use magic in actual jutsu,” she thought.

============================================================================

After a long day of practice (eventually Twilight had to join Naruto in practicing), Celestia allowed the two foals to go home. Then she called Cadence to have a word with her.

“There’s something they’re not telling us,” Celestia said worriedly.

“They’ve been through a lot, maybe they’re not ready to talk about it?”

“No, that’s not it. Twilight was concentrating hard throughout our lesson, but on something other than just my lecture. When I asked her about it, she said it was nothing. But the way she said it and her body language were alarming. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to talk about it, it was that she was terrified somepony would discover it. Then Mischievous looked at her, some sort of communication passed between them. I have no idea what, but it’s clear that they know or suspect something, or they’re up to something. Something they feel an insistent need to hide,” Celestia explained gravely.

“I see,” now Cadence was worried. Foals that age shouldn’t have to keep secrets from their mentors. The two had changed so much recently, been through so much. And now they felt the need to hide something seemingly important from Celestia herself. This was very troubling.

“I’ll keep an eye on them,” Cadence said “but I have no idea what might be happening. I know Twilight very well, and Mischievous is close to me too, but if those two want to hide something, I doubt anyone could find it. Between Twily’s brains and his talent for tricks, they have a very good foundation for secrets.”

“I know, and, honestly Cadence, that scares me more than anything.”

============================================================================

The two foals were ecstatic. Twilight’s theory was proven correct when they attempted a transformation jutsu using magic instead of chakra, and their horns instead of hand signs. The knowledge and memories provided by Naruto’s parents were very detailed. These taught the duo exactly how chakra was mixed and channeled in the jutsu. Recreating the same process with magic proved to have the same effect, although it took much less magic than the memories indicated chakra would take from a first time jutsu user. Unlike their previous attempt to alter their appearance, this didn’t require constant concentration and a stream of magic. Merely that they don’t lose control of themselves, or disrupt the flow of energy in their bodies. They were ecstatic because they finally had a way to appear as normal ponies. They found a way to fit in.

Author's Note:

Disclaimer I own nothing.


Sorry this can't be as long as the previous chapters. After about a thousand words I always seem to fizzle out.