• Published 28th Jun 2013
  • 2,770 Views, 198 Comments

The Diary of Ghostly Scootaloo - ObsidianPony



Scootaloo's private diary of her thoughts post-death.

  • ...
13
 198
 2,770

An Urgent Message

Dear Princess Luna

I hope this letter finds you well, though I wish it were under better circumstances.

While from my reports you surely know little progress has so far been made I am afraid that I suspect why this may be. And it is not a theory that you are likely to approve of.

I am deeply sorry princess but something does not add up; these string of events, a runaway filly, an orphan living in a village, the disappearance of a filly and then the borderline disappearance of an Element of Harmony and Wonderbolt Recruit. I’m sorry princess but something does not match up, the evidence trail should not be as cold and be filled with so many dead ends as it is.

Much as it pains me to say it I suspect foul play.

Now before you read the wrong implications into my message princess, yes I do trust you with my life and no I do not believe you would do anything to hurt this filly. But somepony in a position of power is using their influence to hide the trail so that it can’t be followed up on. Whoever is responsible has likely done this before, possibly for a long time, and now they’re scared because they have made a mistake, they covered their tracks well but not well enough.

With that in mind princess, consider the criteria this conspirator would need to fulfill; this pony needs to be capable of acting beyond your influence, so would require large amounts of time away from your watchful eyes and would need the capability to perform large scale cover ups without alerting anypony in the night guard to the fact it was happening, while also needing a high enough position of authority and or wealth in order to keep them quiet.

I’m afraid that yes I am insinuating exactly what you think I am princess. The suspect list becomes rather small when we factor in those requirements.

I pray that I am wrong as much as you yourself do princess. I will continue my investigation but from now on I think it is only sensible that not everything goes into my reports; they may well be similarly compromised.

Sincerely

Soeris.