• Published 27th Aug 2013
  • 2,714 Views, 44 Comments

Storm Clouds Gathering - Mr Afro Pony



When a newly reformed (and very bored) Discord is offered a chance to rule Equestria, the God of Chaos must make a decision. Betray the ones he cares about, or join the ones who accept his true self.

  • ...
7
 44
 2,714

Realizations

For an immortal, the years pass like seasons. To the naked eye, it appears to linger forever before suddenly passing by. With a single step back does one realize how short time really is. For an immortal, forever is a long time. A very long time.

The kiss lasted an eternity to the immortals.

Only a single heartbeat broke their frozen state.

Discord opened his eyes, his mind slowly recognizing the fact that something was pressing onto his mouth. Something strange and alien. Something warm and moist. Something that tasted oddly like bananas. His blurry vision slowly recovered as a mare came into focus.

Celestia’s eyes were open in shock, staring into his. Her usual white visage was stricken with pink blush, her wings fluttering at her sides. If Discord wasn’t also on the receiving end of the shocking turn of events, he would’ve jabbed a joke at her. Instead, the two stared at each other, their lips locked together.

“...” Discord blinked. He may be a god of chaos, but even the concept of the opposite sex escaped him. There was turmoil, chaos afterward, and then came mares. Suffice to say, his mind was blank.

“...” Celestia blinked back. The Alicorn was never one to not have something on her mind. Alas, her brain was not in the state to process anything but breathing as she continued the lip lock.

Finally, Discord thoughts caught back up with reality. He silently pulled away from the kiss, still looking deep in Celestia’s eyes. Ignoring Screwball (who was deviously rubbing her hooves together to his side), the draconequus idly scratched the back of his neck.

He cleared his throat as a slight blush crept onto his face.

The sound woke Celestia from her shock. She looked around her bedchambers, refusing to again meet Discord’s eyes.

“Soooo....” Discord began, trying to break the awkward silence. “That happened.”

“Um...” Celestia opened her mouth to speak.

“Okaythanksbye!” Discord quickly snapped his fingers to escape, teleporting away.

Celestia blinked, trying to process the recent events as Screwball began bouncing in circles around her while singing.

“Mommy and daddy sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-”

“Screwball!” Celestia scolded, using a wing to halt the pink filly’s frolicking. “That wasn’t very nice to do to… daddy.” A small shiver ran down her spine when she said that. It was one thing to allow Screwball to identify Celestia as her mother, but another to be associated with Discord as that. Parents. Together.

“But daddies and mommies love each other!” Screwball sat down as her eyes began to water. Celestia opened her mouth, but no words came out. There was no proper response to that. Sensing her hesitation, Screwball began to cry.

“No no no no no…” Celestia murmured as she sat down and picked up the filly in her fore legs, rocking her like she would a foal. Events seemed to be moving fast, but her maternal instincts kicked in faster than romantic angst. Screwball sniffed and nuzzled Celestia’s warm chest. “Don’t worry, everything will be alright.”

Screwball squeaked as Celestia tightened her hold, leaning down to kiss her forehead. Her mind raced, juggling between comforting Screwball and her own thoughts. She… she had never kissed anypon-anyone before. The last thousand years that had passed by left her in a position of Order, unable to take charge of her own life and find love. Though, as hard as it was for her to admit, another immortal would make the perfect mate for her.

But Discord? That seemed too much to handle, even for Celestia.

Either way, her first kiss had left her flustered beyond believe. Even if it was an accident, even if he was another species (technically), Discord was a good kisser. Heat rose to Celestia’s wings as she reminisced. She shook her head, plastering her wings to her side and banishing the thought. Discord was evil! Or, at least he used to be evil. She’d rather be with… with… Mr. Cake! Yes, Mr Cake was a thousand times the stallion than Discord! Every morning she would wake up to breakfast in bed, eggs and hay bacon with a fluffy muffin. Banana muffin, her favorite flavor.

Celestia licked her lips as she thought about it, still rocking Screwball.

Eventually however, the Sun Goddess sighed, why was she thinking about pastries now of all times? She needed to clear her mind, her body was sore from the stress of the previous night and needed rest. She gulped audibly, did she dare consider the possibility that Discord was… good? Screwball was a handful, and part of her knew she would need help raising her. No orphanage could contain her if Discord deviated and was imprisoned again. Even with Luna, Twilight, or Cadence she still couldn’t raise Screwball alone.

She needed a family.

The filly in question had fallen asleep in her forelegs, obnoxiously snoring with a line of drool dripping off her chin. Celestia smiled, she looked adorable when she was asleep. The Alicorn gently placed the foal on her bed, resisting the urge to collapse on it herself. With any luck, she could squeeze in later. She took a deep breath, trying to lower her rising blood pressure.

“Speaking of ‘rising’...” Celestia murmured as she turned around. It was time to raise the sun. Focusing her magic, she envisioned the Sun’s glimmering beauty.

Celestia rose from her bed and walked onto her balcony. She could she the Sun, her Sun shyly peeking over the horizon. As the fresh morning breeze sent shivers down her spine, Celestia focused her magic into starting the Sun’s orbit. It would naturally hover above Equestria, allowing the Alicorn to not worry about it for the rest of the day.

Celestia sighed, not that she was lacking stuff to do today. Her mane was an absolute wreck and would require a trip to her personal spa, that would take at least a couple of hours. Then there was that conference with the High Council...

Celestia’s eyes widened at the realization. Her mane would not be ready before the press conference began and she had already rescheduled it three times before! Perhaps Luna could go in her place? Her little sister needed more time in the public eye, this would be a great opportunity for her.

Celestia suddenly frowned. Luna stayed up all night dream walking and what not, Celestia barely saw Luna during the day. No she was definitely out, that only left...

The sun goddess sighed. “Discord...” she said disappointingly, ignoring the blush that had inexplicably found it’s way to her face. “Faust help me.”

*****

Discord paced back and forth in his cell, his claws on his face in distress. In all his many years of bringing chaos, he had never thought the act of touching lips would elicit such a response from him. It was just a kiss! Just a kiss and nothing more, an accidental one at that. One brought about by that devious filly Screwball.

The draconequus smiled, like father like daughter it seems.

Speaking of the filly, Discord realized he had again left her with Celestia. No doubt the little tyke was causing havoc, it was what she was made to do. And that was true in the most literal of ways.

Discord sighed, life was easier when he was still considered the “bad guy. It was better when his name was whispered in frantic whispers rather in loud jests from the royal guard, he had respect back then. Now....he was just Celestia’s pet.

Just what Chrysalis said.

Discord furrowed his brow, the changeling’s appearance couldn’t have come at a worse time. Exactly when the draconequus began to feel like a shell of his former self, she had to appear and make the situation a million times more complicated. Not to mention the fact that her offer as extremely tempting, the thought of the him regaining complete control over Equestria was extremely attractive.

And that wasn’t the only thing thing that was attractive about her Discord thought to himself. He quickly shook any remaining suggestive thoughts out of his mind, he’s had enough of mares on the mind for one day.

Giving a loud yawn, the God of Chaos slithered out of his room through the giant hall. He lazily floated down the hall, desperately looking for something to take his mind off of his predicament.

A little while later, the draconequus inexplicably found himself in the middle of the palace’s courtyard. The garden boasted a large garden, hosting a diverse variety of flowers. Small pink birdhouses were perched on the many trees, housing many of the flying friends that made the yard their home. Discord took a deep breath. The peace, the tranquility, the harmony, it was all just SO terrible.

He groaned, was this to be the rest of his life? Spending his time in this Tartarus disguised as an Eden until he withered away (which would probably be a long time putting his extreme lifespan in account).

“I just don’t understand why you constantly have to sneak me around like this.”

Discord’s eyes widened as he heard a distant voice. Nopony minus the occasional gardener ever entered the courtyard, it was primarily built for show. The draconequus slowly started to float towards the voice.

“It isn’t as simple as that! If the nobility finds out that I’m seeing you, I will be ruined!”

The God of Chaos stopped in his tracks. There was another voice, one that sounded familiar at that. Could it be who he thought it was? Discord arrived behind a large bush, he cautiously peeked over the hedge and towards the source of the voices.

His assumption was correct. Prince Blueblood; in all his douchebagginess, stood in the center of the courtyard. He looked nervous, frequently looking around to make sure he wasn’t being watched. Discord made sure his long and slender body was well hidden, an opportunity to get some dirt on Blueblood should never be wasted.

“Is that all you care about!? What about me Bluey? Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to be snuck around?”

It was then when Discord noticed the other pony standing next to Blueblood, or more shockingly, the fact that it was a stallion. He was a meek thing, no bigger than your average mare. He sported a short brown mane and dull blue coat. The Earth Pony wasn’t much to look at.

Blueblood clicked his teeth in annoyance. “I understand it’s stressful, I really do.” He placed a hoof on the other stallion’s shoulder. “If I could have it any other way I would. But you know what would happen if the truth came out! I’d be the laughing stock of the whole kingdom!”

“Then go ahead and let them laugh!” shouted the Earth Pony defiantly. “If I meant anything to you, those damn nobles wouldn’t be able to bother you so much! Admit it, you’re ashamed of me...”

Discord felt his jaw slowly lower in shock. Was this truly what it looked like? Had he come at a bad time and taken the conversation out of context?

Blueblood gasped at the accusation. “I am not ashamed of you Sebastian!” the unicorn scolded. “You are the most important pony in the world to me! I...I love you.”

Sebastian gasped. Wiping a tear from his eye, he gave a sincere smile. “Oh Bluey! I love you too!” he said, wrapping his arms around the stallion. As the two leaned in for a kiss, Discord slowly slithered away, a sinister smile plastered on his face.

*****

Celestia’s heart pounded in her chest as she slowly walked down the halls. Why was she nervous anyway? She was simply going to ask Discord to attend the High Council Meeting in her absence, there was no need for her anxiety!

The Alicorn sighed. No matter how many times she told herself that, she knew it wasn’t the truth. She had every right to be anxious, especially after that...incident.

She kissed him, she kissed Discord!

Discord; the Master of Disharmony, the Bringer of Grief, the living embodiment of Chaos, Celestia’s greatest adversary to date! He was brash, he was rude, he was loud, he was (extremely) annoying, he had more ego than brains but only used the former. Yes the draconequus was truly a piece of work, and compared to the Royal Alicorn, was the opposite of all she stood for.

Celestia had kissed him...and she had enjoyed it.

The Princess stopped in her tracks, shocked that her mind would dare to suggest something so ludicrous. The kiss was an accident, a total and complete accident. No ifs, ands, or buts, about it. Besides, so what if she liked it? There was no possibility of a relationship with him anyway. Even in the small possibility he would want to be with her, the media would lay an egg.

Celestia smiled, she had finally found a valid excuse. She couldn’t be with Discord because society wouldn’t allow it...and because she didn’t have any feelings for him, that too.

“Something on thy mind, sister?” asked a voice.

Celestia jumped in the air in surprise, turning around to see who had snuck up on her.

“Luna!” Celestia scolded. “You nearly gave me a heart attack!”

The Princess of the Night rolled her eyes, not impressed with her sister’s exaggeration. “Thou shall have to forgive me. I’m used to creeping around, working when most ponies are asleep after all.”

Celestia sighed. “Yes, I know. What are you even doing awake, anyway? It’s almost noon.”

Luna rolled her eyes. “I am trying to do some research dear sister. Have you not forgotten that thou almost were assassinated yesterday? The castle has a powerful spell the blocks all changelings from entering the Palace, a spell only few know. Do you know what that means?”

Celestia nodded at her sister’s suggestion. “It means that somepony inside the Palace let him in.”

“Not just anypony...” Luna said. “This pony would have to be very close to you if he knows the spell. This isn’t just a rogue soldier, this is a full blown spy that may have critical information about Equestria we’re dealing with. Until this spy is identified, your life and Equestria’s security, are in grave danger.”

Celestia looked towards the floor warily. She hated the thought that one of her own personal guardspony was working against her. She had enough to worry about with Discord, but Treason? Such a serious issue would generate a new layer of stress for the Alicorn.

The Celestia look towards Luna with a stern expression. “Thank you sister, I’ll be on my guard.”

Luna nodded in approval and turned away to leave. She stopped after realizing something. “Oh, and sister?”

“Yes Luna?” Celestia asked.

“You may want to try a different mane style.” she said with a cheeky grin.

Celestia gave her sister a blank stare. “Very funny Luna.” she deadpanned.

The Princess of the Night gave a light giggle as she disappeared into a mysterious fog. No matter how high of an image other ponies held for Celestia, to Luna, she would always be her big sister.

Celestia groaned as she forced her mind to tune back to the task at hand. When Discord had first been reformed, Celestia placed a tracking spell on him to assure he wouldn’t try to escape. Conjuring magic to her horn, the Alicorn tried to locate the godlike trickster. She was more than surprised to find out that Discord was not only close to her, but moving rapidly towards her.

On cue, Discord floated lazily around the hallway corner. He was whistling with his head held high and a suspicious grin on his face.

His eyes widened as he caught sight of Celestia.

“Good Morning, Sunbutt! How are you this fine day?” he asked joyously.

Celestia raised an eyebrow, something wasn’t right. “What has you in such a good mood?” she asked.

Discord gasped in feigned offense. “Oh, what? Can’t a draconequus simply appreciate a beautiful day? You know, some of my feelings are actually genuine.”

Celestia shook her head and sighed. “Never mind that Discord, I need your help with something.”

Discord gasped and conjured a remote control with a shiny red button. At the press, an audience could be heard ‘ooooing’.

“The Royal Snob Celestia needs my help?” he asked sarcastically. “You must be in a desperate situation.”

“Will you be serious for once?” asked Celestia. “I need you to attend the High Council Meeting in my absence. It will take at least a couple of hours to get my mane back in a viewable condition, until then, I need you to take notes at the meeting.”

Discord yawned and conjured a floating hammock for him to lay in. “I don’t know Sun Butt, this sounds pretty boring.” With a snap of his paw, a glass of lemonade appeared. Discord preceded to eat the glass, leaving the yellow liquid floating in the air. “What’s in it for me?”

Celestia resisted the urge to grind her teeth in anger. She needed Discord’s help and she needed in now. The Meeting was about to begin soon, she couldn’t waste time arguing with the draconequus.

“Fine.” Celestia said. “If you go to the meeting, I’ll give you some free time.” The Alicorn sighed. “Free time without the ankle brace.”

Discord took on a mischievous grin at the sound of unsupervised time. “Very well, Celestia.” he said. His hammock and floating lemonade disappeared. “I accept your terms.”

“Good. But before you leave I need you to promise me something, Discord.”

“Yes, Sun Butt?” Discord asked sweetly.

“Please do try to behave yourself, this is going to be your first time in the public eye since your reformation. You need to make a good fir-second impression.”

Discord chuckled to himself. “Oh Celestia, what’s the worst that could happen?”

Author's Note:

I'm not dead yet! I will be soon, but not before I finish this story!

Comments ( 8 )

Oh good... It turns out that he's actually not dead. I'm pleased to hear more is on the way!

His assumption was correct. Prince Blueblood; in all his douchebagginess, stood in the center of the courtyard.:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh: FAVORITE LINE OF THE STORY SO FAR!

i love it plz do more and send me more plz i need MORE :flutterrage:

Entertaining story. Keep it coming!:twilightsmile:

Are you diyng or somthing

Well, we're all dying after all; especially from an immortal's perspective.

Please make more.

Seriously Discord, what could go wrong?:ajbemused: And here I thought you were Genre Savvy.

Login or register to comment