• Published 6th Jul 2013
  • 2,706 Views, 44 Comments

Non Soli Vos - Darth Atrox

  • ...
18
 44
 2,706

You Are Not Alone

This is a work of total fiction, made entirely for entertainment purposes. No money is gained from the production of this prose.

The massive Star Destroyer sat on the surface of Planet Sparta's primary satellite. It was a unique star system. Binary, as a matter of fact. Binary star systems were actually the most common type, but their constant orbit around each other did not allow for suitable life-bearing planets to develope. So it was a beautiful thing to see when one came across one.

It really was beautiful. It was an average planet, around 30,000 miles around. It was covered in lush green, brown and beige continents. Land was the most common thing on planet Sparta. Sixty percent of it was land, while the remaining forty were oceans.

Unfortunately, they lived there. The Humans.

The disgusting apes had begun to spread throughout the galaxy. Like a virus. They went around, constantly claiming new star systems for themselves, like they owned the universe. It wasn't that long ago that they were hunted and tortured for sport.

Those were the days. They had come across the humans not long after their evolution. They had only been around for 40,000 years, and they lived in caves and tribes. So primitive. It wasn't very long before they discovered the human's resilience. They were able to undergo torture that would kill an ordinary Drox. They could go for days before finally dying.

The best part was, despite their durability and fortitude, they perceived pain just as well. Electrocutions, stabbings, cauterizations, partial disintegrations...the possibilities were endless. And so much fun.

The children were the best. Not becuase they were any more resilient or more receptive to pain, but if they were tortured before their genetic donors they didn't have to waste resources torturing them. The Human's were very in tune with their emotions, so much so that some mental torture was actually perceived as physical in their pathetic brains.

As time went on, the humans became more advanced. They developed complex societies, laws, religions, politics; they almost seemed...civilized. They learned to navigate their oceans, study the land, and eventually dominated their planet. Eventually, they even started going into space.

Not "real" space, mind you. They wen't out a couple times to their moon, and even built a life sustaining satellite-station.

They were still animals, though.

Their entertainment was amusing as well. They had a wide range, but what was most amusing were their science-fiction tales. Their perceptions of non-human intelligent life was laughable, and their little war stories that featured humans driving away invaders? Sophomoric.

They didn't stand a chance.

Eventually, the original Drox had abandoned that part of the Galaxy. In human years, it would be the year 2027 A.D.

That was centuries ago.

In their absence, it seemed that Humanity had advanced quite rapidly. They had long since conquered their demons and lived in a perfect society. They no longer suffered from disease, and had extended their own lifespans. They even managed to eradicate their own perceived notions of inequality amongst themselves.

All the hatred they felt for eachother, be it racial, religious, sexual, cultural and societal was gone.

They created a strong militant society which allowed for every being to have a perfect place. Some were scientists, doctors, lawyers, politicians, and many other roles were filled.

But there was one role that every human filled. That was the role of the warrior.

They didn't know how it happened, nor did they care, but regardless of their constitutions, educational systems, or religions, their society was made up of trained killers. No one was spared. Men, women, religious, atheist, black, white.

All killers.

It was known, almost immediately, that the humans needed to be wiped out. They were a stain upon the universe and it was the duty of the Drox to wipe them out.

Like they should have, so long ago.

They waited on the dark side of the moon for hours, biding their time. Their original objective was to eradicate the planet bia singularity, but tht changed.

Somehow, the humans had intercepted the message and planned an evacuation before the Drox Destroyer could wipe out the millions of lives on the planet. So they simply amended their plans. Instead of wiping out an enemy planet as well as 600,000,000 disgusting human lives, they would wait.

Eventually, a human evacuatuon ship would arrive, carrying over 200,000,000 of the human's active soldiers, and board the citizens of Planet Sparta.

This way, they could destroy the original 600,000,000 humans, as well as 200,000,000 of their active soldiers, and they would claim Planet Sparta for their own.

Yes, this could be the beginning of the First Great Drox Empire.

All they had to do was wait.

"Adimiral, Planet Sparta has been evacuated." Informed Alan Cole. He was a large human, standing at six feet, seven inches tall. His body was full of dense muscles that were put on display by his skintight, gunmetal grey spandex suit. He had medium-length brown hair that was parted on the left side of his head. His eyes were a chocolate brown, and was light skinned.

The Admiral turned her chair around and stood up to face the young man. While he was in his early twenties, the Admiral was into her early thirties. She stood at five feet, eleven inches, and was similarly light skinned. Her body was curvy, with wide hips and large breasts, but also had an athletic tone that was put on display by her black and white spandex. She had a black headpiece that went around her head and went around her left eye. Her eyes were green, and her hair was a bright azure. This was a result of early human genetic engineering.

"Good. Has there been any sign of the Drox?" She questioned.

"None. So far, there hasn't been any sign of them. But..." He cut himslef off. The admiral raised a delicate azure eyebrow.

"You holding out on me, Cole?" She questioned sternly. Cole shook his head.

"No, ma'am. I just...something feels off?" He said. She nodded, permitting him to continue. "I feel like we've walked into a trap. The Drox were planning on destroying Sparta, so where are they? They wouldn' finalize these plans without having some scouts in the area, which means that they already know we're here. So why aren't they attacking? Those sick bastards would love to make us watch them destroy one our planets. I mean, they might just not be here yet, but everything feels to convenient." He said.

"You're right." Replied the Admiral. "We knew from the beginning that an attempted rescue could very well result in disaster. There could be a Drox Destroyer, out there right now, watching us. But we decided to come anyway. Could you tell me why?" She asked him.

Cole looked at her dead in the eyes.

"Because we couldn't stand by and do nothing. Those are our people, and no one is left behind." The Admiral smiled and nodded. Before she could say anything, the ships alarms went off. A young woman ran up to them.

"Ma'am! We've sighted a Drox Destroyer resting on the surface of the moon, Heracles! They seem to be waiting to ambush us!" She notified. Immediately, the Admiral looked at Cole.

"You're certain that the planet has been evacuated?" She asked sternly.

"One hundred percent." Answered Cole. "Every citizen is accounted for." He confirmed.

"Alright, let's get the hell out of here before those bastards decide to engage." She growled. "And prepare for battle, just in case things get ugly." She added.

Her two underlings saluted her and took off to sound the alarms. The Admiral slumped down to her Captain's chair with a sigh. She looked over to the arm rest and pressed some buttons on the touch screen. The wall beside her opened up revealing a clear glass bottle filled with clear vodka. She grabbed the bottle, completely foregoing a glass and took a deep drink.

Licking her lips, she resealed the bottle, placed it back in the compartment and stood up. She left the Captain's quarters and headed down the long hallway. 'Si vis pacem, para bellum.' She thought to herself.

"Sir," One of the Drox said. "The humans are on the move. Our sensors indicate they are preparing a jump into warpspace."

The Drox sitting in the highest chair grinned evilly.

"Then we'll have to stop them, won't we?" He chuckled. "Send out our fighters, destroy their warp drive." He commanded.

Their orders were blasted through the speakers throughout their Star Destroyer, signaling their troops to engage the humans.

Withing minutes millions of Drox Fighters were released and sent out to engage the human Evacuation Ship.

"Commander! Our sensors are picking up activity from the Drox Ship! All their systems are online and...FUCK! Their getting ready to engage!"

"Send out the first battalion." He said. "We do need to be good hosts and welcome our...dear friends." He ordered.

"On it, sir. [First battalion, you are a go. Hostiles on their way, you are clear to engage.]"

The Drox weren't expecting such a welcome wagon, and the battle raged on in a total one-sided manner for a good while.

Human and Drox went at each other, firing weapons, evading, destroying each other. Many Drox ships were blown to smithereens while its occupant suffered the vacuum of space, for it's final few minutes. The humans also suffered casualties, but no where near as many.

The humans had a specialized short distance teleportation module on every human. If a their soldiers took too much damage, they would instantaneously be warped to the medical bay of their mother ship, which in this case was the I.F.S.S. Marx.

Of course, that didn't mean they had no casualties. Oftentimes, the humans are dead even before they are transported.

But the technology definitely helped.

From an objective viewpoint, the battle itself was something to watch. It was everything one would expect from a space battle between two highly advanced species. There were lasers, gravity weapons, antimatter bombs, lock on missiles, shields.

Of course, for those involved in the battle, there was only horror and fear. The only thing driving them were their own desires to see their enemies destroyed.

Suddenly their was an explosion from the I.F.S.S. Marx.

The entire Evacuation ship shook. The lights flickered and for the briefest of moments, the passengers believed it to be their doom. But it ended.

"What the hell happened!?" Question the Admiral. She ran onto the bridge, frantic and demanding answers.

"Our warp drive has sustained damage." Answered a young woman of Asian descent.

Damn! That must have been their plan all along. This wasn't a battle, this was an extermination. No doubt the Drox would think them sitting ducks now.

"How bad?"

"Not that bad, actually." The young officer answered. "Most of the damage is superficial. The only real problem is one of the power lines have been severed. We won't be able to use the Warp Drive, until we can sufficiantly power it."

Okay, that was some good news.

Wait...

This could be an advantage. The Drox would think them stranded, so they'd try to go in for the kill. If they could hold them back for several minutes, they could repair the Warp Drive and get out of there.

"Alright. Keep fighting the Drox, and keep them distracted. They probably think they've won now. In the meantime send down Hibiki Tokai, Howard Wolowitz and Emmet Brown. They're our best mechanics and should clear up the problem quickly." Commanded the Admiral.

"Roger!"

"So, they are strandad like the Shaaks they are." Muutered the Drox commander. "Let's go pay them a little visit."

"The Drox Ship is approaching." Mumbled a crewman. Everyone turned and looked towards the moon, Heracles. Slowly, the massive ship, and its entire fleet emerged from behined the moon.

"There's an incoming message, ma'am." Said the young female officer.

"Patch it through." Said the Admiral.

Immediately their entire view of outer space, and the ongoing battle, left their sight when a black screen emerged. On screen was a Drox. No doubt the commander of the fleet.

The Admiral stepped forward.

"I am Admiral Meia Gisborn. You are trespassing in human territory. I am asking you to cease and desist your attack on this system." She commanded.

The Drox said nothing.

The humans waited with bated breath, not knowing what was going to occur.

Then it spoke.

"All humans will perish." And the screen blinked out of existence.

Growling, Meia went over to the intercom.

"Wolowitz, Tokai, Brown!" She yelled. "What's the word on the Warp Drive?"

"[Well, everything seems to be running fine. The problem is the lack of power. We won't be able to reconnect it to the power source.]" Responded Tokai.

"What the hell do you mean!?"

"[The powerline is dead. It won't function any more. We can't get another line without stripping one from somewhere else on the ship.]" This time Wolowitz responded.

"Why aren't there any spares!?"

"[This is an emergency evacuation ship! It was never meant for battle. There are no spares!]" Replied Tokai.

"Well, what can you do?"

"[We could patch it to the core.]" Responded Brown. He was immediately chided by his collegues.

"[Hell no!]"

"[Are you insane!?]"

"What are you talking about!?" Demanded Meia.

"[We could use the two remaining power lines and attach them to the core of the ship. The power of the core should completely charge the Warp Drive instantaneously.]" Explained Brown.

"[Or destroy it! Hell, you might even cause a Singularity!]" Cried Tokai.

"[There's a million ways this could go wrong.]" Commented Wolowitz.

"...do it." Ordered the Admiral.

"[You can't be---]"

"I am. Our responsibility is to evacuate the Spartans. Fighting now is taking an unnecessary risk. Our priority is to live to fight another day. Do it."

"[...yes ma'am.]" The line suddenly went silent.

"Recall everyone. Get them back onto this ship!" She commanded.

"Sir! The humans are retreating!"

"Perhaps they recognized the futility of their fight against us." Commented a Drox.

They all shared a laugh at the expense of the humans.

"Wait! I'm detecting a temporal-spatial disturbance around the human ship." The Drox eyed the screen. "They're going into Warp-Space!"

The commander immediatly jumped to his feet.

"I thought we eliminated their Warp Drive!"

"They must have repaired it!" A random Drox cried.

"After them!" Their commander roared. "DO NOT LET THEM ESCAPE!"

The Drox Ship accelerated towards the human vessel at unimaginable speeds.

It neared the human ship, it was so close, they almost collided.

They were close, so close.

A flash of light exploded from the I.F.S.S. Marx.

Spike was laying in the middle of the Golden Oaks library in Ponyville. He was reading a space-themed graphic novel. He was getting to the good part where the two species were about to have a grand space-battle, but his book was snatched from him by a purple glow.

"Hey!" HE cried. "What'd you do that for Twilight!?" He demanded. Twilight gave him a glare.

"How many times hae I told you not to be reading this garbage!" She asked. "The stories are garbage, the science is completely made up, and all they end up doing is put violent ideas in your head."

"No they don't! It's a cool story!" He tried to explain. "You see, this one group of aliens is fighting another group over the resources found in the Galaxy and---"

"Spike, these are just cheesy made up stories that are designed to sell to the lowest common denominator. If you like science, read a science book. If you like politics, read a book about politics. If you like war stories, read books about war." She explained. "Besides, if there are aliens out there, I highly doubt they would be at war. A species so advanced would have abandoned such violent political actions long before they became a space fairing race."

Before Spike could respond, a loud crash sounded from outside.

Princess Celestia was taking a break from her day court. Honestly, some of these ponies... They came in for such trivial matters. Day court used to allow for ponies to settle political, territorial and even criminal disputes. Now it was nothing but petty larceny and the the occasional mare demanding the banishnment of her childs bully.

Hardly anything exciting ever happened anymore.

CRASH!

Hmm, perhaps she spoke too soon.

On her way to her balcony she ran into Luna, who seemed to rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Sister!" She exclaimed. "Dost thou knoweth what hath created such a disturbance?" She spoke in oldspeak. She tended to do that when she was tired, or stressed.

Shaking her head, Celestia said: "No Luna, I'm on my way to investigate now." She gestured for her sister to join her.

Finally making it out to the balcony, the sisters noticed that right in the middle of Canterlot there was a smoking crater in the middle of the town square.

"Sister, look!" Cried Luna, poiting out to the horizon. Celestia looked up, noticing that fireballs were descending from the sky, all over Equestria and beyond. Looking around, she saw that they were falling everywhere. Both in and out of Equestria.

"Oh, Faust. What is happening!" She cried.

Suddenly, a beam of light shot upwards into the sky, originating from the crater in Canterlot Square. The beam of light formed a large square image in the sky.

Looking around, she saw that a familiar projection was over all over the towns and cities in Equestria.

Suddenly, a deafening screech permeated the air, before forming into a rough sentence:

yOU ArE NOT AlOnE

"Sister, look! It is a projection screen!" Luna cried.

Celestia looked up at the crackling whit screen. On it were floating words written in every script on the planet. Equestrian, Dragon, Gryphon, Minotaurs, Donkeys...Every known language of the planet Griego was up there. And it all said the same thing: YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

The same screeching voice continued repeating the phrase. It went on for several minutes before finally stopping.

The enormous projection suddenly went black, and the screeching voice silent. Silence reigned for several moments before the black screen suddenly revealed something. A face. Or, it kind of looked like a face? It was gold and red, and had glowing blue eyes.

It finally spoke. It sounded strong and feminine, but also highly mechanical.

"[My name is Admiral Meia Gisborn. We have traveled the cosmos for almost a decade to reach you. We have not come here as conquerers, but merely to understand each other.]"

Twilight stood outside with the rest of Ponyville, looking uo in awe. She could hardly believe what she was looking at!

"[...understand each other. It is our hope to reach a mutually beneficial relationship with the peoples of your planet. To this end, we have decided to give you 30 planetary rotations for the nations of your world to convene for a meeting to decide the future of our civilizations. We will be meeting in the capital of your planets largest country: Canterlot, Equestria. Be ready.]"

Finally the message ended. The metal sphere that seemed to be the origin of the message slowly rose from its crater before launching itself upwards faster than the eye could see.

For a while everything was silent.

"HOLY CELESTIA!" Cried Twilight.

Author's Note:

This idea hit me, and I couldn't let it go. Decided to put it out before I got to work on the next chapter of Survivors.
*All images taken from Google Images

1) Why the Man Of Steel moment? I believe that General Zod's warning to earth was the greatest "First Contact" scene in all of film. It was totally badass. It wasn't the whole "Aliens land and say 'Take me to your leader.'" or a typical "Crash Landing scenario." Zod just highjacked all of Earth's satellites and told the world, in every language btw, that they weren't alone. Unfortuantely, because Equestria, or any other country on their planet, isn't technologically andvanced i had to combine Man Of Steel's first contact with the first contact made in the short lived TV series "V"

2) Iron Man? Seriously? Yes, seriously. What I tried to do to set apart my futuristic humans was have them be, not only genetically advanced, but also be very close combat oriented. In my story, human soldiers used super suits on the battlefield that they modified for Land, Sea, Air and SPACE! They don't fly battleships in their fights against the Drox, they're actually flying combat suits, exactly like Iron Man. This is beneficial because the Drox won't see them coming some of the time because they are so small compared to the large battleships the Drox are using. Why Iron Man suits? Because all the cool suits were taken. Every badass spacesuit/battlesuit is already part of a badass series like Halo or Dead Space. So, instead of trying to make up my own battlesuit, I ripped off the Iron Man suit because it's my favorite :)

3) Planet Griego? Griego is Spanish for "Greek," which Equestria is based on. All the creatures are ancient Greek.

4) Meia Gisborn? Hibiki Tokai, Emmet Brown, Howard Wolowitz? Yes, those are based on characters you might already know. Some of my OC's will share names from popular series and characters because I am much too lazy to come up with cool, unique names on my own. Remember, these aren't the same characters that I ripped off, it's just their names.

In case you didn't know: Hibiki Tokai and Meia Gisborn are 2 of the main characters from the Anime Vandread. Emmett Brown is also Known as "Doc" from Back To The Future. and Howard Wolowitz is our favorite engineer from The Big Bang Theory.

This story will be updated sporadically. It's kind of my "escape" from Survivors. Whenever I reach a roadblock on Survivors I'll work on this story to help get the juices flowing. But don't worry if you enjoyed this story. It will be completed, but most likely after Survivors.

Thanks for checking it out!