• Published 26th Jun 2013
  • 22,839 Views, 467 Comments

New Life in Equestria - jkreader



A young human of age seven is sent through a portal machine by his parents in an attempt to save his life from the end of his world gets sent to Equestria.

  • ...
54
 467
 22,839

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 41 - Shaded Truths (Not Rewritten)

Chapter 41 - Shaded Truths

*Twilight’s P.O.V.*

I couldn’t believe it. I don’t know how it made sense, but it did. Joshua had just seen one of the worst evils of Equestrian history and found out the reason he was turned into a unicorn.

“What happened?” I asked him. He still had tears falling out of his eyes, but I kept rubbing his back soothingly.

“While I was sleeping, there were black thunderclouds all around me, and lighting coming down very close to me...” he explained.

*Joshua’s P.O.V. a few minutes ago*

I was standing alone with no ground under my feet. There were dark clouds all over and thunder and lightning. I really didn’t like thunderstorms. Just then, there was a dark voice laughing around me.

“Who’s there?!” I said.

“Thought you could keep yourself from being a unicorn and becoming my pawn, didn’t you ape?” the voice said. Being called an ape hurt me.

“Who are you?!” I asked again, “Why are you talking about my unicorn transformation?! Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Mommy, and her friends turned me back to normal!”

“Those pathetic ponies merely delayed my plans at best,” the voice said again, “You’re the one key element I need to taking over Equestria, and turning you into a unicorn was the best way to control you.”

“Control me?!” I said surprised, “What do you mean ‘control me’?”

“By possessing your body once it was complete, but you had to go and have your so called ‘family’ change you back,” the voice said again.

“But Princess Celestia said that she couldn’t find what was making me into a pony!” I said, “How did she not find you?!”

“I concealed myself with my own magic,” he said, “I’ve wasted enough time now. Unicorn or not, the time has come for me to take control of your body.” A dark shadow landed in front of me and turned into a tall black unicorn with red eyes, a red curved horn, grey armor, a short, wavy black mane and tail, sharp teeth, and purple smoke coming from his eyes. “Equestria will belong to me!”

I screamed and backed away quickly. “You!” I exclaimed, “You’re...you’re...you’re the bad pony Aunt Cadance told me about!”

“That’s right,” he said, “I am King Sombra!”

“But Aunt Cadance said the Crystal Heart destroyed you!”

“Part of my life was saved inside my horn, my power was weakened greatly, but now, say goodbye to everything you hold dear,” he said walking closer to me.

“NO!!!” I said trying to get away, “LEAVE ME ALONE!!!”

“There’s no point in trying to avoid me,” he said laughing, “Resistance is futile.” He got really close to me.

“LUNA!!!” I called out, “HELP!!!”

Just then, a lightning bolt hit the ground between me and Sombra and knocked us away from each other. When I got back up, Princess Luna was standing there.

“PRINCESS LUNA!!!” I said.

“BEGONE FROM HIS DREAMS AND HIS MIND FOREVER YOU CURR!!!!” she yelled in a loud echoing voice. I had to cover my ears, because she was really loud. She then shot a beam of magic from her horn and it hit Sombra.

“AAARRRGGHHH!!!” Sombra yelled, “Don’t think you’ve seen the last of me, human! Equestria will belong to me!!!” He was then gone, and the thunderclouds were gone too, the starry place where Princess Celestia and Princess Luna first found me was there instead. I looked over at Luna and saw her looking at me sadly.

“LUNA!” I said running over to her. She opened her forelegs up and caught me as I jumped to her. She then hugged me and rubbed a hoof on my back as I cried.

“Shhh,” she said, “He won’t bother you in your dreams anymore. But I fear he may soon be returning.”

“He said he was the one who turned me into a unicorn,” I said, “he was going to use me to hurt you, Princess Celestia, Mommy, Nyx, Spike, my friends, and Dinky! I don’t want to hurt anyone!” I buried my head in her shoulder, but she kept rubbing my back.

“Shhh,” she said again, “We won’t let that happen.” She then pulled me away from her to look at me. “Joshua, you must tell your mother. Wake up and tell Twilight Sparkle what you saw here.”

“I will Princess Luna,” I said, “But I’m really scared.”

“I know you are,” she said, “But you must tell her. We need to act fast, or Equestria will be doomed. Now wake up and tell your mother.” She then lit up her horn and put it to my head. A bright light filled my eyes and I woke up in my bed.

*Twilight’s P.O.V.*

“That’s when I woke up,” Joshua said to me after he finished telling us his dream.

“I can’t believe this,” I said, “I should’ve known King Sombra would still be around.

*Third Person P.O.V.*

After leaving Joshua’s dreams, Princess Luna quickly made her way to Celestia’s chambers. Celestia was sound asleep when Luna came in. She put her hoof on her sister’s shoulders and started shaking her.

“Sister! Sister!” Luna said, “Wake up! We have a very serious problem!”

Celestia’s eyes opened up slowly as she stood up.

“Luna?” Celestia said, “You seemed troubled.”

“I am!” Luna exclaimed, “I just visited the dreams of our friend Joshua, and what I saw there was the reason he was turned into a unicorn not too long ago!”

Celestia seemed to fully wake up at hearing this.

“Are you certain Luna?” she asked, “I couldn’t find any real source to how...”

“That’s because he was concealing himself well within Joshua’s body!” Luna interrupted.

“He?” Celestia said, “Who are you speaking of?”

“I am speaking of the black unicorn that overthrew the Crystal Empire so long ago,” Luna said, “King Sombra.”

Celestia’s eyes shrank at hearing that.

“No doubt right now,” Luna continued, “Joshua has already told your student about his unexpected and frightening encounter.”

Celestia said no words, but instead lit her horn up, and in a bright flash of light, Luna and Celestia disappeared from her chambers.

*Twilight’s P.O.V.*

Joshua was still crying his eyes out over his frightening encounter with the dark, crystal hungry pony. I tried my best to comfort him, but he didn’t seem to be getting calmed down. Nyx and Spike had wide-eyed looks on their faces after hearing Joshua’s story of his unwelcome visit. I was burning on the inside with anger. How dare that no good excuse for a king try and control my adopted human son! But I also felt sadness. Joshua was going through a new hardship, something I felt he was nowhere near ready for: the dangers that Equestria possesses.

“What are we going to do Twilight?” Nyx asked me.

“I don’t know Nyx,” I said, “I just don’t know.”

“Twilight!” came a voice from downstairs.

“Princess Celestia!” Spike exclaimed, “She’s downstairs.”

I got off the bed and while keeping Joshua held in one foreleg, the four of us headed downstairs. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were there waiting for us.

“I’m sorry for disturbing you at this time of night, my faithful student, but...” I held up a hoof to stop her.

“I know Princess Celestia,” I said, “And you needn’t apologize. I’ve been trying to help comfort Joshua, but it hasn’t been helping much. He just had a very nasty encounter.”

“May I see him for a minute?” she asked. Joshua pulled away from me and looked at me uncertainly.

“It’ll be okay Joshua,” I told him while wiping away some of his tears. He looked at me for a bit more, but eventually nodded. I placed him down and he walked over to Princess Celestia.

“Now Joshua,” she said, “What I’m about to do will protect you from being controlled by King Sombra, so you don’t need to worry about hurting anypony.” She then lit up her horn and placed it on Joshua’s forehead. Joshua’s whole body lit up in her gold magic and kept shining for a few seconds until in dimmed down. “There you go.”

Joshua didn’t say anything but graciously nodded his head at Princess Celestia. He then walked back over to me. I picked him back up and continued to rub his back.

“What are we going to do Princess?” I asked her.

“We will need to keep a close eye on Joshua at all times,” she said, “And send word to Shining Armor and Princess Cadance. If I know Sombra, he’ll try and take over the Crystal Empire again, as it will be the key point to him taking Equestria for himself.”

“I think I know how to keep a close watch on him,” I said, “I’ll need an object that he’ll have to carry around at all times.”

“What about my locket?” Joshua said holding up his heart-shaped locket.

“That’s perfect Joshua,” I said lighting my horn, “You’ll need to keep this with you at all times.”

“I always do,” Joshua said.

After I finished putting the spell on his locket, Joshua continued hugging me. I felt a little bit more at ease knowing that I had a way of tracking him. The spell I had placed on his locket would warn my horn of any sign of trouble that Joshua would possibly be in. Soon afterwards, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna left for Canterlot, and the four of us went back to sleep. Joshua wanted to sleep next to me tonight, and I completely understood.

*Third Person P.O.V.*

Elsewhere, on the outskirts of Ponyville, near the Everfree Forest, a black shadow was moving swiftly along. Inside that shadow was the mind of King Sombra.

The cursed night princess, she foiled my plans of controlling that human and using him to take Equestria, he thought to himself, No matter. If I can’t control him, then I will kidnap him and hold him for ransom. And the price will be all of Equestria for myself. The Princesses and the Elements of Harmony will pay for interfering.

Author's Note:

What's going to happen? Only time will tell. :rainbowdetermined2:

Shaded Truths composed by Takeharu Ishimoto

PreviousChapters Next