• Published 26th Jun 2013
  • 22,865 Views, 467 Comments

New Life in Equestria - jkreader



A young human of age seven is sent through a portal machine by his parents in an attempt to save his life from the end of his world gets sent to Equestria.

  • ...
54
 467
 22,865

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 37 - The Empress and Mistletoe?! (Not Rewritten)

Chapter 37 - The Empress and Mistletoe?!

*Joshua’s P.O.V.*

A white alicorn was sitting at the top of the stairs. She was as big as Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, had a dark red mane and tail, blue eyes, and feather quill in an ink bottle for a cutie mark. I was looking at Princess Celestia and Princess Luna’s mommy. This meant I was looking at the Queen or the Empress. She got up and started walking down the stairs. I got nervous as she got closer to me. I started to shake a little bit. I then felt hooves on both of my shoulders. I saw Princess Celestia and Princess Luna had each put one of their hooves on my shoulders.

“It is alright Joshua,” Princess Luna said, “She won’t hurt you. She just wants to meet you and talk with you.” I nodded to her and saw that their mommy was almost at the bottom. I bowed my head to her.

“Greetings, Joshua,” I heard her say. She had a nice voice, “Arise.” I lifted my head up, looked at her face and saw her smiling at me. She lifted one of her forelegs up and waved me over. “Come closer Joshua.”

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna took their hooves off my shoulders and I walked closer to their mommy. She sat down, opened up a wing, and wrapped it around me.

“It’s wonderful to meet you at last. As Celestia and Luna have said, I am their mother. My name is Faust. My daughters have told me many things about you. First, I offer my sincerest apologies for you losing your old home and parents. I can understand how hard it was for you. Second, I’m glad you found a family in Celestia’s student Twilight and her friends.”

“They’ve been very nice to me,” I said, “Just like my old mommy and daddy were.”

“And I’m glad they are doing so,” she said, “I have been looking forward to meeting you for a while now. It’s been a long time since a human has graced Equestria.”

“There were humans here in Equestria before me?” I asked surprised.

“Indeed there were,” she nodded, “They lived together in peace and harmony with the ponies. But before my two daughters came along, Discord corrupted the humans during his reign of chaos.”

“Oh, that’s right,” I said remembering something, “Princess Celestia said he used to be a bad guy.”

“Indeed,” Empress Faust said, “My daughters then used the Elements of Harmony to imprison Discord in stone, but the humans were sent away from Equestria and hadn’t been seen or heard from since, until you came along.”

“Wow,” I said.

“I am also quite intrigued about how you can do magic too,” she said. I looked down at my hands.

“I was turned into a unicorn for a little bit,” I said, “Mom, her friends, Princess Celestia, and Princess Luna used the Elements of Harmony to change me back though, but I kept the magic. Could the humans from before Discord do magic like I can now?”

“There were a few who could, but not with their hands like you can. They had staffs that did the magic.”

We talked for a few more minutes, and we were getting along really well.

“Well, my time is running short,” Empress Faust said later, “It was an honor meeting you Joshua, and I welcome you to Equestria.”

“Thank you ma’am,” I said smiling up at her. She then lifted her wing off me, stood up, and walked over to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

“I’ll see you both again soon,” she said hugging them both.

“Farewell mother,” Luna said returning the hug.

“Yes, until next time,” Celestia said hugging her as well.

The three of them finished hugging each other and then Celestia and Luna’s mommy started walking up the stairs. She then turned her head to me and smiled at me again. I smiled back and waved goodbye to her. She then turned back to the stairs and continued walking up them. She was then too far up for me to see her.

“Well Joshua,” Princess Celestia said to me, “What did you think of our mother?”

I turned around to her and Luna and smiled again, “She’s really nice.”

“We are glad you think so,” Luna said, “Now let us all return to the party shall we?”

“Yes please!” I said. Luna laid down in front of me and I climbed up onto her back. She then stood up and all three of us went back to the party.

“You’re back!” said Mom’s voice. I turned and saw her walking up to us. “How did it go?”

“Everything is alright Twilight Sparkle,” Luna said.

“Yeah,” I said nodding, “Their mommy was really nice.”

“Oh, good,” Mom said sighing. Why was she worried? “Anyway, Nyx and the others went out into the garden. They told me they have a ‘certain surprise’ waiting for you Joshua.”

“Really?” I asked confused, “Is Dinky with them?”

“I’m not sure,” Mom answered shrugging, “but you don’t want to keep your friends waiting.”

Luna then levitated me off her back, and after I got my winter clothes back on, I went outside to find my friends. After looking around for a bit in the garden, I heard Nyx calling out to me.

“Joshua!”

I turned around and saw her walking up to me.

“There you are Nyx,” I said hugging her, “Where’s everypony else?”

“Follow me and I’ll show you,” she said walking the other way with me behind her.

*Dinky’s P.O.V.*

I was outside in the garden, looking at the snow on the trees, and beginning to wonder what was taking Joshua so long when I heard somepony call out to me.

“Hey Dinky!”

It was Apple Bloom.

“Hey Apple Bloom,” I said turning to face her, “What’s up?”

“Ah want to show you somethin’,” she said smiling at me.

“What is it? And where’s Joshua?” I asked her.

“Follow me,” she said turning and walking the other way. I followed her.

*Joshua’s P.O.V.*

I followed Nyx to what she said was the place where they got Aunt Cadance and Uncle Shining to try and make up last year, and where they learned Aunt Cadance was allergic to mistletoe. We walked up the stairs and saw Babs waiting at the entrance where we walked in, Scootaloo on the other side’s entrance, and Sweetie Belle and Twist looking on with smiles.

I then saw Apple Bloom walking in from the side Scootaloo was on with Dinky behind her.

“There you are Joshie,” Dinky said, “Who did Princess Celestia want you to meet?”

“She and Princess Luna wanted me to meet their mommy,” I said.

“You got to meet Empress Faust?!” Scootaloo said surprised. The others had their mouths open too.

“What’s she like?” Sweetie Belle asked me.

“She’s really nice and sweet,” I said, “She also said that there were humans in Equestria a really long time ago.”

“That’s really cool,” Apple Bloom said. The others nodded agreeing with Apple Bloom. Then Apple Bloom backed up to the other side of the entrance where Scootaloo was, and Nyx backed up to where Babs was. Dinky and I were standing in the middle not knowing what was going on.

“Mom said you all have some kind of ‘certain surprise’ for me,” I said a little while later, “What is it?”

Everypony except me and Dinky giggled and pointed me and Dinky to look up at the ceiling. When we did, I felt myself blushing a bright red. Hanging from the ceiling was a piece of mistletoe. I looked back at Dinky and saw her looking at me blushing a bright red too. Dinky ran back to the entrance where Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were, and I ran to the entrance where Nyx and Babs were, but I was stopped by the two of them.

“Oh no you don’t little brother,” Nyx said as she and Babs held me back, “You know what happens when you stand under mistletoe.”

“Yeah kid,” Babs added, “You can’t get away that easily.”

The two of them started pushing me back to where the mistletoe was hanging. I saw that Apple Bloom and Scootaloo had stopped Dinky from getting away too and were pushing her toward me.

“Same goes for you Dinky,” Scootaloo said.

“Now go on you two,” Apple Bloom added. Dinky and I were standing face to face with each other again, and Nyx, Babs, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo had blocked our ways out.

I looked back at Nyx and Babs. “I’m gonna get you all for this!” I said.

“Me too!” I heard Dinky say. She and I then looked back at each other and blushed bright red again. “Have you ever done this before?” she asked me.

“No,” I said shaking my head, “But I saw Mom and Dad do it back in my old home before.”

Dinky then closed her eyes and sighed. She then moved her head closer to mine. I closed my eyes and did the same. I felt my lips touch hers, but it only lasted for a second. We pulled away from each other with our eyes open and our faces bright red. The others looked on giggling. Nyx and Babs then ran off with Twist behind them while Apple Bloom and Scootaloo ran the other way with Sweetie Belle behind them.

“Get back here!” I said to my sister, Babs, and Twist running after them.

“You can’t get away from me!” I heard Dinky say running after the others.

Author's Note:

Yep, Fausticorn. :pinkiehappy: :yay:

Also, inspiration for the mistletoe scene came from GunsNRoses365's A Mothers Love story.

PreviousChapters Next