• Published 26th Jun 2013
  • 22,881 Views, 467 Comments

New Life in Equestria - jkreader



A young human of age seven is sent through a portal machine by his parents in an attempt to save his life from the end of his world gets sent to Equestria.

  • ...
54
 467
 22,881

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 36 - Hearth's Warming (Not Rewritten)

Chapter 36 - Hearth's Warming

*Joshua’s P.O.V.*

It was Hearth’s Warming day when we woke up the next day. I was excited; Hearth’s Warming was Christmas in Equestria. I was always up early on Christmas day back on my old home, and I was up early today. When I woke up, I felt Nyx’s hoof still around my chest, like almost every morning when I woke up before her, so I couldn’t get up without waking her. I then pulled out the locket my first mommy gave me before I came to Equestria and opened it.

“Hi Mommy and Daddy,” I whispered to the picture, “Merry Christmas. I’m sorry I haven’t talked to you two for a while. So much has happened to me.”

I talked to them about everything that happened to me, my new family, my new friends, and how I could do magic now.

“I still miss you both, and I still love you,” I said after a while feeling some tears in my eyes. “I’ll try and talk to you both more later. Goodbye.” I sniffled, rubbed my eyes to wipe away the tears, and closed the locket back up. I then felt another hoof wrap around my other side over my chest and both hooves pulled me closer to Nyx.

“It’s okay little brother,” Nyx whispered in my ear, “I’m here.” I turned around in Nyx’s hug and hugged her back. She rubbed one of her hooves up and down my back to calm me down.

“Thank you big sis,” I said to her, “Happy Hearth’s Warming Nyx.”

“You too Joshua,” she said.

Nyx and I got out of bed and I went to get dressed while Nyx went downstairs. After I got dressed, I was about to go downstairs when I heard some whining from Uncle Shining’s room. The door was open and I saw that he and Aunt Cadance were awake. Guard was up too. He was the one whining.

“Morning Uncle Shining, Morning Aunt Cadance,” I said walking in.

“Good morning to you too Joshua,” Aunt Cadance said. She then looked down at Guard and pointed his head to look at me. “Look Guard, it’s your favorite cousin.” Guard stopped his whining and reached out to me.

“Come here you,” I said as Aunt Cadance placed him in my arms.

“He’s been a little restless after waking up early this morning,” Uncle Shining said, “He hasn’t gotten much sleep.”

“I think I know how to get him back to sleep,” I said. I started rocking him and started singing an old Christmas song my Mom from back home sang to me.

After I finished singing, I saw that Guard had fallen asleep in my arms. “Sleep tight cousin,” I whispered to him. I then heard light clopping of hooves on the floor and a clapping of hands. I saw that Mom, Grandma, Grandpa, Nyx, Uncle Shining, Aunt Cadance, and Spike had gathered around me.

“That was beautiful Joshua,” Mom said to me.

“Is that a song from where you came from?” Nyx asked.

“Yes,” I said, “It’s called Silent Night. It’s sung at a holiday like Hearth’s Warming called Christmas.”

“Christmas?” Spike asked.

“Yeah,” I said, “We celebrate it with decorations and lights and trees like Hearth’s Warming. The reason we celebrate it is to celebrate the birth of the Son of God, Jesus Christ. We also have presents to give on Christmas too.”

“That does sound an awful lot like today,” Mom said, “Well, let’s head downstairs and have breakfast, shall we?”

After everypony stood up, we all went downstairs where Grandma Velvet made waffles for breakfast. After breakfast, everypony got their winter jackets and scarves on, and we left for the castle for the party. When we got there, we saw that Applejack and her family were already there, and to my surprise...

“Babs!”

There she was. When she heard me call her name, she turned around and smiled when she saw me.

“Hey there Joshua,” she said as I came up and hugged her. She hugged me back. “Long time, no see.”

“It’s good to see you again Babs,” I said after we finished our hug.

“You too,” she replied, “Cuz told me what happened with you being able to do magic. That’s sounds kind of cool. You’ll have to show me sometime.”

“I will,” I said. After I said that, a pair of hooves covered my eyes. I knew who it was.

“Hey Dinks,” I said giggling.

“Hey Joshie,” Dinky said taking her hooves off my eyes, “Happy Hearth’s Warming.” She walked in front of me, we hugged each other, she kissed me on the cheek, and I kissed her on the cheek.

“Happy Hearth’s Warming to you too,” I said as we held our hug for a while. After we finished our hug, I saw Derpy and Sparkler waving at me. I waved back at them.

“Hello Joshua,” I heard Princess Celestia behind me. I turned around, and Dinky and I bowed to her. “Rise young ones, no need to be formal.” Dinky and I stood back up. “Joshua, could you come with me please? Luna and I have somepony special we would like you to meet.”

“Okay,” I said. I then turned back to Dinky, “I’ll be right back Dinks.”

“Don’t be too long,” Dinky said winking at me. I then felt myself being levitated up into the air and onto Celestia’s back. She then walked over to a hallway, but was stopped by Mom.

“Princess Celestia,” she said coming up to us, “Where are you taking Joshua?”

“Luna and I have somepony special for him to meet,” Princess Celestia said, “She’s been looking forward to meeting him.” Mom knew who Princess Celestia was talking about because she had a nervous look on her face.

“You mean her?” she asked. Princess Celestia nodded. “She won’t do anything to him, will she?”

“Twilight, you have my word,” Princess Celestia said, “Nothing bad will happen while she speaks with Joshua. You should know that. You and your friends talked with her after you achieved your title as princess, remember?”

“I know,” Twilight said, “But this is a different...”

“Twilight,” Princess Celestia said stopping Mom, “I said she won’t do anything bad to Joshua. She just wants to talk with him.” Mom sighed.

“Okay. Good luck Joshua,” she said walking away. Princess Celestia then started walking again with me still on her back. I began wondering who this pony Princess Celestia and Princess Luna wanted me to meet was, and why Mom was so worried about me meeting her. She must be a very important pony. Soon, we were in a part of the castle where there were no guards.

“Only me and Luna know how to get into this area of the castle,” Princess Celestia said as we stopped in front of some big doors. “It is magically cut off from others unless we bring them with us. Very few ponies have met with whom you are going to meet with Joshua. As you probably have already guessed, Twilight has met with her.” Princess Celestia opened up the doors with her magic, walked in, and shut the doors behind her. She then levitated me off her back and onto the floor. I saw Princess Luna in the room.

“Greetings Joshua,” she said, “Happy Hearth’s Warming to you.”

“You too Princess Luna,” I said smiling, “Princess Celestia said you two have somepony special for me to meet.”

“Yes indeed,” Princess Luna said. I felt Princess Celestia place a wing over me and we walked up to a big stairway that had a red carpet going up it. We stopped in front of the stairs, Princess Celestia walked in front of me and to one side of the stairs. Princess Luna walked over to the other side.

“Joshua,” Princess Celestia said, “Luna and I would like to introduce to you...” she and Luna each pointed a hoof to the top of the stairs. I looked up and gasped at what I saw.

“Our mother.”

Author's Note:

Again, CLIFFHANGER!!! :pinkiegasp: Next chapter, Joshua talks with Tia and Lulu's mother, and a surprise for Joshua and Dinky involving a certain holiday tradition. :pinkiecrazy:

PreviousChapters Next