• Published 26th Jun 2013
  • 22,867 Views, 467 Comments

New Life in Equestria - jkreader



A young human of age seven is sent through a portal machine by his parents in an attempt to save his life from the end of his world gets sent to Equestria.

  • ...
54
 467
 22,867

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 17 - Another Change (Rewritten)

Chapter 17 - Another Change

*Twilight’s P.O.V.*

Since Joshua’s horn first appeared, Celestia, Luna, and I have been working for hours on end trying to figure out what could possibly be making Joshua change into a pony like this. It just didn’t make sense. There was no explanation as to how he was becoming a pony, and there’s always a reasonable explanation for everything.

In any case, Joshua had been enjoying school with Nyx. He had been doing exceptionally well, especially in math. Saturday came around all too soon though. Nyx and Joshua returned from the Crystal Empire from their school trip yesterday. I had to make sure to double the power on the invisibility spell to keep Joshua’s horn hidden until he got back yesterday. Thankfully it worked.

My friends and I have also been working on restoring Celestia and Luna’s old castle while school went on. Just recently though, we got sucked into a magic comic book Spike had borrowed and turned into the Power Ponies. What an adventure that was.

Nyx, Spike, and Joshua were all asleep when I woke up early that morning. I got up and slowly trotted downstairs to the main room of the library and picked up where I left off on my reading yesterday. It was the last one to hold any possible answers as to why Joshua was turning into a pony, and if it didn’t, we would have to wait and see if Celestia and Luna could find anything.

A yawn from the stairs made me twitch my ears toward the source, but I kept my eyes locked onto the book.

“Good morning, Mommy,” I heard Joshua say sleepily.

“Good morning, Josh,” I replied to him. I placed a bookmark in my book and turned to look at him. “How are you this...?” I froze suddenly and my levitation spell around the book stopped. The book dropped down to the ground with a “thud!” and I gave a sharp gasp.

Joshua was standing at the bottom of the stairs. He still had the horn on his head, but this time something else had been added, or changed in this case. His ears had changed. They were now shaped like pony ears.

“Mommy? What’s wrong?” Joshua asked apparently unaware of his new change.

“You mean you didn’t notice?” I asked him.

“Notice what?” he asked looking confused. I sadly lit up my horn and produced a temporary mirror in front of him. When he saw his changed ears, he gasped and gave a short, shocked yelp.

“What happened to my ears?!” he asked clearly upset.

“It’s another sign of your pony transformation,” I replied looking at him sadly. He cringed as tears began pooling at the corners of his eyes. He let out a couple of short sobs, ran over to me, and hugged my foreleg. I brought my forelegs under his arms, picked him up, hugged him to my chest, and rubbed his back gently as he began crying.

“Shhh,” I said gently shushing him in his ear, “I know, sweetie. I know. I know this is difficult for you, but we’re all trying our best to help you.”

“I know, Mommy,” he said burying his head into my shoulder, “but I’m really scared. How am I going to hide these ears?”

I began racking my brain for a solution, and one quickly came to me. “I’ve got an idea, Josh. Hang on tight, okay?” Joshua nodded his head and held his arms around my neck, still crying. I then lit up my horn and teleported us inside the Carousel Boutique.

“Rarity!” I called out.

“Just one moment, Twilight,” she called from upstairs, “I’ll be right down.”

I sat down where I was standing with Joshua still clinging to me and sobbing lightly. I continued to do my best to comfort him. Soon we heard Rarity’s hoofsteps from the stairs. I looked up and saw her coming down.

“Hello Twilight,” she said, “Sorry I took so...long.” She said that last word after spotting Joshua looking upset. “What’s wrong with Joshua?” I looked down at Joshua and he looked up at me. I gave him a reassuring nod, and he turned to let Rarity look at him while I kept a forehoof on his shoulder. When Rarity saw Joshua with his changed ears...

“Wah-ha-HAAA!!!” she screamed in alarm, “Oh my stars, Joshua darling, whatever happened to your ears?!”

“It’s another transformation effect,” I told her, “He went to sleep last night with normal ears, but woke up this morning with them. We’re actually here because we need you to do something for us.”

“You want me to make him something to help hide his ears, yes?” she asked.

“Yes Rarity,” I said, “Can you do that?”

“Yes I will,” she replied. She then looked down at Joshua with a sad smile. “Joshua darling, can you come with me so I can measure your head for a jacket?”

“Okay,” Joshua said sniffling. He walked over to Rarity and followed her to the area were three mirrors were lined up.

“Rarity, I need to send a letter to Princess Celestia about this. Can you keep an eye on Joshua until I get back?” I asked her. Rarity turned her head toward me and nodded. I then teleported myself back to the main room of the library, took out a blank sheet of paper and a quill, and started writing.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Joshua has stepped further into becoming a pony. This time, his ears have changed to that of us ponies. At the moment, Rarity is currently making a jacket with a hood for him so he can hide his ears, but I fear others may start to get suspicious.

I suggest we start heading further into our investigation if we are to return Joshua back to normal as fast as possible.

Your faithful student and fellow princess,
Twilight Sparkle

As soon as I finished, I heard a yawn from the stairs. I looked up and saw Spike who looked like he had just woken up.

“Perfect timing Spike,” I said levitating the scroll over to him. “Could you send this off to the Princess, please?” Spike blew on the letter and it went off to the princess.

“Where’s Joshua?” Spike asked rubbing his eye, “I didn’t see him in bed or in the bathroom.”

“He’s with Rarity at the moment Spike,” I explained, “This morning when Joshua woke up, we noticed a new part of his transformation: his ears changed into pony ears.”

When Spike heard this, he seemed to wake up completely. “Oh no,” he said, “Will he be alright?”

“I hope so,” I told him, “Rarity is making him something to help hide his ears.”

“What about his ears?” came Nyx’s voice. I turned and saw her standing on the top of the stairs.

“Joshua went through another transformation,” I explained to her, “His ears changed into pony ears.”

Nyx’s face dropped at hearing this. “Oh no. Poor little brother. You said he’s with Rarity?”

I nodded my head to her. “I was about to head back there to see if she was done with making him something to help hide his ears. You two can come with me if you want.” The two of them looked at each other, nodded to each other, and walked up to either side of me. I then lit up my horn and the three of us teleported back to the Boutique. Inside, Rarity wasn’t in the main room.

“Rarity, I’m back,” I called to her.

“Joshua and I are in the back room,” she called back. The three of us went in and we saw Rarity comforting Joshua. He was wearing a new red jacket with a hood over his head, which hid his ears perfectly.

“Good morning, Nyx. Hello, Spikey-Wikey,” she said.

“Hey Rarity,” Spike replied. His usual behavior near Rarity wasn’t displaying at the moment. His attention was toward Joshua. “Is he alright?” he asked.

“He’s still a little shaken up, but he’s calmed down a lot,” Rarity replied rubbing Joshua’s back. Nyx trotted up to Joshua and placed one of her forehooves on his back.

“Joshua?” she said. Joshua turned his head to face Nyx. “Is it okay if I look?” Joshua nodded and pulled the hood off of his head showing his changed ears. “Wow,” Nyx said sadly, “Does it hurt at all?”

“No,” Joshua said putting his head back on, “It just feels weird.” He then let out a long sigh. Just then Spike belched, producing a letter from the Princess. I caught it in my magic, unrolled it and read it out loud.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

I’m sorry to hear about Joshua’s ears changing, and I send him my deepest condolences. There’s been some progress in trying to discern how Joshua is transforming, but nothing conclusive. We will continue looking deeper into it until we know for certain what to do.

Yours truly,
Princess Celestia

“Only a small amount of progress has been made,” I said to Joshua, “but like they say, ‘Every little bit helps’.” Joshua put on a small smile, but it changed into a sad frown as he looked down.

“Mommy?” he said, “Is it okay if I take a walk by myself?”

“Are you sure?” I asked him. He nodded without a second thought. “Okay, I understand, you need some time to yourself.” I then placed a hoof on his shoulder and he looked up at me. “Just try not to think about it too much, okay?” He nodded again. Then something seemed to hit his mind, then he pointed at his horn. I understood what he meant and cast the invisibility spell on him again. “Just be careful okay?” He nodded again and left the boutique.

“I really hope something comes up for him,” Nyx said sadly.

“Me too,” Spike added.

Music:

La Pace - Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

Disquieting - Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

Herringway and the Mayor - Paper Mario N64

PreviousChapters Next