• Published 26th Jun 2013
  • 22,760 Views, 467 Comments

New Life in Equestria - jkreader



A young human of age seven is sent through a portal machine by his parents in an attempt to save his life from the end of his world gets sent to Equestria.

  • ...
54
 467
 22,760

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15 - First Day of School

Chapter 15 - First Day of School

*Joshua’s P.O.V.*

I woke up the next day, still upset about what happened. What was going to happen to me if I became a pony? I would never be a human again if that happened. I liked being a human. I didn’t want to be something else. Looking behind me, I saw that Nyx had her hoof over me like she did on my first night. I carefully turned around in bed and hugged her back. I was happy she was my big sister. I knew she, my new big brother Spike, and my new mom Twilight would help me through.

Nyx opened up her eyes and saw me hugging her. She smiled and brought her other hoof around me. “Good morning little brother,” she said, “You feeling any better?”

“A little bit,” I told her. After we stopped our hug, I looked behind me and saw that mom’s bed was empty. Spike’s basket was too.

“Spike and Twilight must be downstairs,” Nyx said getting out of bed. I got out of bed after her and went to the bathroom and changed into another new set of clothes Rarity made for me. I then went downstairs and saw a lot of books all over the floor with Spike and Twilight looking through them. Nyx was at the bottom of the stairs looking as well.

“Mommy?” I said, “What are you and Spike doing?”

“Oh, good morning you two,” Mom said, “We’re trying to figure out what possibly could’ve caused your horn to appear. So far nothing.”

“Twilight,” Nyx said, “Is there a way we can hide Joshua’s horn? He still has to go to school with me.”

“Don’t worry about that Nyx,” Mom replied, “I already thought ahead and I found a spell that could hide Joshua’s horn. The effects will wear off at the end of the day, so you shouldn’t have to worry about that.”

“Okay,” I said. She then came up to me and her horn started glowing. Her horn then touched my horn, and it disappeared. I brought my hand up to my head, and it touched something where my horn was. “Is it invisible?” I asked.

“Yes,” she said, “Hopefully I won’t have to keep this up for long. If Celestia and Luna really are trying their hardest to figure something out, we should have some results soon. Now come on, let’s go have breakfast.” We then all went into the kitchen, and Spike made waffles for us all. After breakfast, Mom gave me and Nyx some bags with stuff in them, writing quills, pieces of paper, and a few books too.

“Well, it’s time for school you two,” she said, “Spike keep looking while I’m gone okay?”

“Sure thing Twi,” Spike said. Mom, Nyx, and I then left the library and off toward our first day of school. We then came to the school that my friends showed me on my first day. We heard the bells ringing and saw other fillies and colts running into the school.

“Have a good first day at school you two,” Mom told us.

Bye,” we said walking in. I looked around the room and there were a lot of fillies and colts in the room. I saw the other crusaders at one side of the room. They waved at us when we came in, so we waved back. I also saw Dinky in the room too. She was looking at me when I came in, but looked away when I saw her looking at me. I then saw Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon in there too. I saw they weren’t happy to see me there.

Two of the colts I saw were unicorns. One was smaller than me and green with an orange mane and tail, big teeth sticking out of his mouth, and scissors for a cutie mark. The other one was taller than the others. He was orange, with a green mane and tail, a sleepy look on his face, and a snail for a cutie mark. Another colt I saw was an earth pony. He was white with brown spots on him, and a brown mane and tail. He didn’t have a cutie mark though. One other colt I saw was grey with a black mane and tail, and a fork and knife for a cutie mark. Another one was a white pegasus with a brown mane and tail, and a feather for a cutie mark.

“Hello Nyx. Hello Joshua,” we heard Miss Cheerilee say as she walked up to us.

“Good morning Miss Cheerilee,” Nyx said.

“Joshua, would mind standing here with me for a minute?” Miss Cheerilee asked me. I nodded my head at her, while Nyx went over to sit at a desk. The other fillies and colts all sat down as the school bell started ringing. Miss Cheerilee then spoke up.

“Good morning, class,” she said.

“Good morning, Cheerilee,” the other kids said.

“Welcome back to another year of school,” Cheerilee said, “Before we get started, I would like to introduce you all to a new student. This is Joshua, and I want you all to treat him nicely.”

“Yes Cheerilee.”

“Now, you go and find an open desk, okay?” she said looking happily at me.

“Yes Miss Cheerilee,” I said. I saw Sweetie Belle waving her hoof at me. She was sitting at the end of one row. She then pointed at an empty desk next to her. It was in front of the white colt with the brown spots, next to Apple Bloom, and behind Twist. I walked over and took a seat in the desk she was pointing at. I then looked behind me at the white and brown colt. He was smiling at me.

“Hi,” I said, “What’s your name?”

“I’m Pipsqueak,” he said, “But everypony calls me Pip. It’s nice to meet you, Joshua.”

“Nice to meet you too Pip,” I said.

“Okay class,” Miss Cheerilee said, “Let’s get started.”

School was interesting. Miss Cheerilee started with a lesson about a city called Cloudsdale. Cloudsdale was where a lot of pegasus ponies came from. I wanted to ask Rainbow Dash about it when I saw her again. Cheerilee told us that Cloudsdale was where all of Equestria’s weather was made. She also told us that it was the hometown of the pony who made the first snowflake: a blind filly named Snowdrop. She was a light blue pegasus with the same color blue and white for her mane and tail, the same blue for her eyes, and a white flower for a cutie mark. Her eyes didn’t have the black pupils like everyone else though. I felt bad for her that she couldn’t see very well. Miss Cheerilee said that Snowdrop had amazing ears that could hear almost everything around her. When Snowdrop made the first snowflake in Equestria, it was shown to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, when they were celebrating their one hundredth year of ruling Equestria. Snowdrop’s snowflakes had the power to tame winter’s snows too, so ponies could play in it.

The bells rang again. It was time for lunch and recess, my favorite part of school. I followed Nyx and my other friends out to a lunch table. Twilight had packed us our lunches. Nyx had her favorites with her, while I had a peanut butter sandwich and a small milk carton.

“So how are ya enjoyin’ school so far Joshua?” Apple Bloom asked me.

“It’s really nice so far,” I told her, “but I’m not happy that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are there.”

“Don’t worry Joshua,” Sweetie Belle said, “We’ll make sure they don’t bother you.”

“Thanks girls,” I said. I then let out a sad sigh. Nyx knew what I was thinking about and put a hoof on my back.

“Something wrong buddy?” Scootaloo asked.

“Yes, but I don’t want to talk about it here,” I said, “Can we talk about it at the clubhouse after school?”

“Sure thing buddy,” Apple Bloom said. We then continued eating our lunch. After lunch, I left to find Pip. I saw him talking to the other colts I saw. Pip told me that the green unicorn’s name was Snips and the orange one’s name was Snails. The white pegasus’ name was Featherweight. He was the editor in chief for the school newspaper, the Foal Free Press. The grey colt’s name was Truffle Shuffle. He liked to eat a lot. It made sense because his cutie mark was a knife and fork.

A little later, I saw Dinky sitting on the end of the slide looking sad. I walked up to her wondering what was wrong.

“What’s wrong Dinky?” I asked her.

She looked up at me and I could see some tears coming from her eyes.

“I overheard Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon talking bad things about mom,” she said sniffling.

“They were?”

Dinky nodded.

“Doesn’t Miss Cheerilee know they say mean things to others?” I asked.

“She does, but no matter how much she punishes them, they always start again,” she said, “Those two think they’re better than everypony else just because they have rich families. They always pick on other fillies and colts. Especially the blank flanks like me.”

“You know Dinky?” I asked her. She looked at me as I sat down next to her. “When Nyx first told me about them, she told me not to let what they say go to my head. I almost did when I first met them, and it did hurt. If they say bad things again, you should tell your mom or Miss Cheerilee.”

“I know, but if I do that, they’ll start picking on me even more if they find out I tell,” she said.

I placed an arm around her shoulders. “I’ll be there for you okay?” I said to her, “I’m having trouble with something right now, and my new family is trying to help me, so I’ll help you okay?”

She then turned her head to me, smiled, and hugged me. “Thank you Joshua,” she said. I hugged her back. Just then the school bell rang.

“Back to class everypony!” we heard Miss Cheerilee say. Dinky and I got up from our seats on the slide, walked back in, and sat down in our desks.

Music:

Lazy Afternoons - Kingdom Hearts II

Yoshi Village - Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Landing Area - LEGO Universe

Author's Note:

Snowdrop is by SillyFilly Studios: Snowdrop by SillyFilly Studios

PreviousChapters Next