• Published 1st Jul 2013
  • 708 Views, 42 Comments

Filly Scouts - L_Wolf



The filly scouts, cute, helpful fillies that do alot to help the community... right?

  • ...
1
 42
 708

Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

A small filly was on her way to the Filly Scout recruitment office to join. She had a pale amber coat, with an amber mane and tail with darker amber streaks through it and light purple eyes. She was excited since she was finally old enough to join, it had been her dream since she first a poster for them. She was still a blank flank but she though joining might help her earn a cutie mark.

Once she reached the office she reached up and open the door heading inside looking around pushing the door closed. "Hello, is anypony here?" she called out as she went over to the desk to look around. The building wasn't very big, there was a desk in a corner near another door, and a few posters on the wall of different filly scouts preforming various activities.

After a few minutes another pony in from the other door and looked over at Noi. It was another filly scout, a few years older the Noi, she was a unicorn with a pale blue coat, light pink mane and tail with red streaks in it and gold eyes, her cutie mark was of a black berry and a raspberry. "You must be the new member, Noi was it? We got your application. My name is Mixed Berries," she spoke with a soft smile and nodded for her to follow leading her into the back.

"Yes Mixed Berries, my name is Noi, thank you for allowing me to join." Noi said smiling happily as she followed her into the back. The other door lead back outside into the large open camp grounds behind the recruitment office, "Wow this place is amazing," She said her eyes moving to take in everything at once.

Mixed Berries glanced back at Noi and smiled letting her look around before leading her off to another building and inside. It was a smaller building then the recruitment office, and held boxes of supplies and equipment. She used her magic to take out a small bag and floated it to Noi. "This is for you, your uniform and hand guide. Be sure to read up on everything in the guide alright?" She said to Noi who took the bag in her mouth nodding at her. "Now, your free to head home now so you can read up on the stuff in the hand book alright?"

Noi nodded and smiled happily around the bag in her muzzle giving her best salute. Mixed Berries just smiled and giggled softly. Noi made her way out of the supply room and left the Filly Scout headquarters, happy and excited to have joined the Filly Scouts finally.

Noi made her way to her home, it was a small farm compared to Sweet Apple Acres. But it was large enough for her families need, it had one main house in the front with a handful of small fields in the back growing carrots, tomatoes, lettuce, and other vegetables. In the back was also a storage shed for tools and a small crop barn for the harvest.

Once she gets home she opens the door and heads inside looking around quickly before putting the bag down. "Sis! I got in!" She called out jumping up and down alittle happily. "I got in!" She called again looking around more before seeing her sister coming into the living room.

"Oh that's great news Noi, I'm so happy for you." Her sister said, an yellow earth pony, with an orange mane and tail and green eyes. "So your finally a filly scout?" She asked smiling at her little sister who nodded and picked up the bag in her muzzle again carrying it over.

Carrot Top smiled and ruffled her mane softly before speaking to her again. "I'm glad to hear it, now go get washed up for dinner, my friend Roseluck is going to be joining us as well." She said shooing her off to go get cleaned up.

Noi smiled and gave her an awkward salute with her hoof before heading to her room on the second floor to put the bag away then headed to the bathroom to get cleaned up before she headed back to her room. It was a small room but nice.

There was a picture of Rainbow Dash on the wall, from her time in the Rainbow Dash fan club as well as a picture of Mare Do Well, she had gotten caught up a fan of both and she kept a picture of both. She also has a camera on the dress for when she tried out as school photographer for the paper, but Featherweight got the job, she still likes to take pictures though so she kept the camera.

She took her stuff from the bag and looked at the uniform before putting it away and took out the book. "Filly Scout Hand Guide." She read the title and smiled before getting on her bed and started to read the book to herself. It wasn't to thick of a book but she read it slowly so she could remember as much as she could.

About an hour later her sister called up to her. "Noi, dinner is ready." Noi looked up from the book and smiled putting the book on her bed she hopped down from the bed and trotted down stairs to the dining area of the house. Her sister's friend Roseluck was already here at the table so she joined her.

Roseluck, a pale yellow earth pony with light green eyes and a raspberry colored mane with lighter shade streaks, looked over at Noi and smiled at her. "Hello Noi, I heard you got into the Filly Scouts today, are you excited to be a member?" She asked smiling at her.

"Yes I am, very excited to be a member." Noi said with a big grin. "I can't wait to get started helping out ponies as a member and earning badges." She continued as her sister came into the room with the dinner setting it on the table. A simple dinner of vegetable stew and fresh bread.

Noi's father had left shortly after finding out her mother was pregnant, and her mother had taken ill shortly after her birth and didn't make it so her sister took care of her. "Noi would you be a dear and get the drinks?" Her sister asked while setting out the bowls and filling them.

"Sure thing sis," She said as she went to kitchen to get a container of apple juice, carefully bringing it to the table and placed it on top before going back to get the cups. She was careful not to drop the cups as she carried them into the dining room and placed the on the table.

After she had that done she got back in her seat smiling. "Very good Noi," Carrot Top said pouring the drinks and placed them in front of each of them. "Enjoy, there is plenty if you want more."

Dinner went by smoothly, Carrot Top and Roseluck spoke with each other about gardening and flowers for the most part. Noi joined in the conversation as well on topics she knew about, though she didn't know that much about gardening or flowers.

Once dinner had finished Noi and Roseluck helped Carrot Top clear the table and Noi went to her room to read more of her guide book on the Filly Scouts, though she soon started to feel drowsy and feel asleep. When Carrot Top looked in on her she smiled and put the book on the side table and tucked her in before heading back down stairs.

"Is she asleep Carrot Top?" Roseluck asked while sitting on a couch sipping from a cup of tea smiling over at her. "Seems rather quiet up there."

"Yes, she must of fallen asleep reading her guide book," Carrot Top said sitting in a chair across from Roseluck. "She's been so exited to get in lately, I'm glad she finally did." She took a sip of her tea smiling. "I just hope her excitement doesn't fade when she finds out how much hard work it takes to be a good filly scout."

Roseluck nodded at Carrot Top softly smiling. "Mmm things sure have changed since we were members. Was a lot of camping, cookie selling, and fund raising. But now they also help build buildings, put on shows and a cart and carriage washes and other activities." She said looking at her cup taking another sip of her tea. "I guess fillies today just have more energy then we do." She continued with a giggles over at Carrot Top.

Carrot Top giggled back and smiled at Roseluck nodding in agreement with her. "I guess so, Filly Scouts today do keep pretty busy. But if it makes her happy. I'm happy for her." Carrot Top said smiling again taking a sip of her own tea. "So long as she doesn't get disheartened by all the hard work she'll do fine. I know she will."