• Published 1st Mar 2014
  • 2,020 Views, 187 Comments

The Mailbox Compilation - Skeeter The Lurker



Even apart, the Mane 6 find the time to keep in touch with one another. The letters as seen in the group collab project.

  • ...
16
 187
 2,020

Cast, Crew, and Extras

The Cast:

----------------------Twilight Sparkle
bats

----------------------Applejack
bookplayer

----------------------Rainbow Dash
Jake R

----------------------Rarity
AcreuBall *and* Steel Resolve

----------------------Fluttershy
Churchy

----------------------Pinkie Pie
xjuggernaught


The Crew:

Compiled by Skeeter The Lurker
with help from Jondor


The Side Stories!

Warning! Some stories are NSFW and as such, not linked.


First Steps
By Steel Resolve and xjuggernaughtx


Crashing (AppleDash)
Not linked due to NSFW content.
By O

Author's Note:

To be updated as new fics Mailbox-verse fics arrive.

Comments ( 80 )

4019017
Pst! Also, there was AcreuBall!

4019028 The group "The Mailbox" did it. It was a seven person collaboration. There's a link in the long description.

4019038

For like, two letters.

~Skeeter The Lurker

4018943

Noted and fixed! Thanks!

~Skeeter The Lurker

4019046
You should still credit Acreu, I think. It was his concept for what Rarity was doing, after all.

Should I lower my expectations for this?

4019069

Will do! I'll send a link to him as well and update shortly.

~Skeeter The Lurker

4019072

...Dude. Come on.

Bit low, yeah?

~Skeeter The Lurker

4019072 Look at the Cast and answer that question for yourself.

4019101 I have to see your Rainbow Dash. I'm shocked you aren't Rarity since you cheer her to the ends of the Earth.

4019126 His Rarity thing is relatively new. This collab happened quite some time ago.

4019081
4019082
4019101

I was implying I had high expectations for this and wanted clarification as to whether I was setting myself up for disappointment. Having just read the first chapter, I can say I wasn't disappointed. :raritywink:

4019147

Take a look, boss. Credit where it's due.

~Skeeter The Lurker

4019126

Hit me up in Skype. I'll give you a special preview.

Maybe.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

~Skeeter The Lurker

4019158

No problem, boss!

~Skeeter The Lurker

4019149 Might oughta work on your phrasing there then, matey.

4019166 Very well, what should I have done?

4019149

Hehe, wait till the last three chapters.

They will Blow. You. AWAY.

~Skeeter The Lurker

4019191 I await Thomas the Tank Engine with buffer-mounted machine guns. :pinkiecrazy:

This is good. Well done, guys!

~ Decaf

*squee* :pinkiehappy:

This is new to me.:moustache:

It's heeeeeeere

I literally could not stop thinking of this song.

Don't know why. It's got a f:pinkiegasp:cking awesome solo, though.

Also, maybe I'm not reading into it enough (or too much), but I don't understand why Fluttershy won't be in Ponyville for a few more days. Is she going to the animal sanctuary?

Other than that, you have assembled a team of badasses, Nick Fury Skeeter. I applaud you.

How would you like to use your writing skills for your country?

4021084 Fluttershy... had a rough summer.

4021084

Hey, I just put them in one convenient place, go give props to Bookplayer!

She was the true mastermind behind it all.

~Skeeter The Lurker

4021221 I'm going to the blog she posted right now

You can be, like, Iron Man instead. He's a cool guy

Hey, cool! I did some of this kind of sort of!

4034601
I don't mind you asking. I don't really know, I just don't really like the thought of more than two persons dating each other.. :applejackunsure:

4035715 Those are going up last because they're loooooooong. Probably 45,000 words in those letters.

4035715
4035778

Is true.

13, 15, and 17k respectively. And they have the biggest payoff.

So they're last.

Also, I'm evil to make you wait.

~Skeeter The Lurker

Can we get a link to the story Crashing? Searching for it doesn't come up with anything, and according to the site FAQ linking to a NSFW story is fine so long as it's clearly marked as such (which you have)

4040016

I'll ask the mods about that.

If I can, I'll provide it in the update today.

~Skeeter The Lurker

4040016

On 3/6/14, at 9:56 AM, Eldorado wrote:
> Then no, the only place you can link mature fics is on a blog where that's the tagged story

So... No dice.

Sorry, man.

~Skeeter The Lurker

4042585
Huh, well they really ought to update the FAQ then because it certainly doesn't seem to be that restrictive.

4043329

True enough, indeed.

I'll PM a link to it later, ok?

~Skeeter The Lurker

4047048 I didn't get a lot of fan response for that otter adventure, but it remains one of my favorite things in this whole Mailbox project. I love the image of Pinkie leading the mud-and-leaves-covered woodland creatures into battle against the evil land developer.

Plus, Celestia took a few turned down the mudslide. Because she's great. :twilightsmile:

I'm curious, are we going to get JakeR's little side-piece Grounded that seems to have been destroyed in the Great NSFW Blog Fire of 2013? I read through the Mailbox a couple of months ago when bats mentioned it somewhere and since then I've had that little niggling "I didn't finish it ALL" feeling tickling the inside of my skull.

4054224

...Hmmm... I'll have to ask him about that.

~Skeeter The Lurker

4063685

Noted. I'll take a moment to check the source,

Thanks!

~Skeeter The Lurker

4019147 I still kinda wonder what would have happened if you stayed at the helm. Still, I had fun making the lack of communication work as a story element.

4066001 But then… what of Pinkie? :pinkiesad2:

4066628 Pinkie was the best thing that happened to Rarity. If Twilight offered up some magical means of undoing her past, that would be the only reason she would not do it.

4056214 4064069
As little as I like shipping them romantically, friendshipping Applejack and Rarity is a blast. Those letters were all pretty awesome.

4077869
4077872

Oddly enough, it never got it the first time around.

Ah well. Try now.

~Skeeter The Lurker

4082527

Damnit. It's supposed to do this. But, for some reason it makes it 'span' instead of 's'.

~Skeeter The Lurker

4082605 Aww, thanks! We have a lot of Pinkie coming up soon. I think three of the next four are Pinkie letters.

4088481

Understandable, but...

It was tricky trying to figure a suitable way to release them.

~Skeeter The Lurker

4088481 That would present its own problems. The topics would veer around all over the place if they were released like that. You'd be reading something that you were interested in with two characters and then by taken away from that for several letters, then thrust into it again later on.

Which is not to say that it's a bad idea. Just by the very nature of this project, it's a bit hard to read in any format that it's presented in. They all have pros and cons.

4095161

Aye, that's what it should be.

Thanks for the catch.

~Skeeter The Lurker

Login or register to comment