• Published 25th Jun 2013
  • 1,283 Views, 30 Comments

Advance - Mist



The age of technology has hit Equestria. Ponies everywhere are connecting in ways they never felt imaginable. In this world of constant digital connection, Apple Bloom is learning that things change as you get older...

  • ...
2
 30
 1,283

Prologue

Prologue

I had never actually been to a funeral before. Such events I had only seen in movies. I couldn’t imagine actually attending one where somepony I knew and cared about was going to be in that box to be put in the ground. It had me more nervous than I had ever been in my life.

On my way in I had signed the first funeral attendee book I had ever signed in my life. I’ll never forget the date. February 12th, 2016. A mere two days after the deceased had passed.

Trotting forward I knelt down in front of the casket with my brother. There in the box slept Rarity. She was so peaceful looking, perhaps that was common in death though. I hoped that when I went I too would look just as peaceful.

The only thing that kept creeping back into my mind was Sweetie Belle though. As I looked onto her across the room, I saw her there with her coltfriend, White Star. The two seemed rather disinterested in the event. Then again, Sweetie Belle had been disinterested for a long time. I guess that’s what happens though; everypony finds their own way to deal with pain and loss. Sweetie Belle must have found hers a long time ago. Now if I could only find mine…