• Published 1st Oct 2011
  • 4,042 Views, 58 Comments

Autumn - canonkiller

  • ...
21
 58
 4,042

Sapphires

Are the shadows back? Oh, they are, they are, get them away, get them AWAY-

Are you alright?

Kha jumped to his feet, the claws scrabbling on stone. "What? What's going on!?"

Nothing. You were crying in your sleep... you okay?

"Fine..." The screaming, terrified faces of his family flashed across his vision, he saw her face, crying, screaming for him to stop, that he could change. The same tears were soon on his muzzle, bathed in blood, his mouth, still existing, filled with jagged fangs and her flesh...

He turned around and swallowed hard, holding back vomit. "Not okay... not okay at all."

It was an oddly warm touch that graced his back. He glanced backwards, seeing Celestia's concerned eyes over his back. Are you sure? You look kind of sick...

"Fine." He choked out. "Nothing wrong here."

Reaaallly?

"Okay... not okay... not fine."

It's okay... you'll be okay...

Kha accepted the slow embrace of Celestia's front hooves, leaning into her skeleton and sobbing quietly. His paws latched around her shoulders, and she silently comforted him.

You'll be okay...

Twilight realized she had been staring into space again. She shook her head, patting the few frazzled hairs in her mane back into place. She had never understood how her emotions changed the state of her mane, but the opposite was also true. If she straightened her mane, she calmed down. It was certainly welcome at times.

"I can't think of him like this." She sighed. "I'm... I'm a nice pony. I had straight A+'s all through school, led the Elements of Harmony, was the Queen's student... I can't feel like this about Discord, of all ponies..."


"I'm actually surprised." Obsidian muttered, looking around. "I expected the end of the world to have a lot more OC's running around."

Okay, I'm seriously sorry. This chapter is an extremely short filler while I sort out writer's block. I considered skipping forward a few seasons and just wrote the ending now.
So, on the other hoof, I'd like to thank all trackers, fav'ers, watchers, readers and raters. You guys kept this story going. A brohoof to all of you. I'll have a complete chapter up as soon as I can figure out what'll happen to get from point A to point B. Sorry for the wait, and try to bear with me.