• Published 16th Feb 2012
  • 2,513 Views, 125 Comments

Diamond Heart - Wayofthepen



Life ain't a box of chocolates, and I learned this the hard way...As a dog, nonetheless.

  • ...
18
 125
 2,513

The Maze

I heard the main doors open and shifted my glance. I stood up out of anger. Nightmare Moon had finally showed up.

"Hello my little ponies and you, its so nice to see your faces again, how was your visit? I'm sure it was...Breath taking." She laughed out loud, filling me with rage.

The others just kept crying, obviously still heartbroken over the loss of their princess. Well, looks like it's up to me.

"Ohh, does the mutt need to be taken out? I know a few places: Manehatten...The moon." At this, I felt my entire being fill with rage. The kind of rage that makes you do reckless things.

"Your not going to get away with this!" After I finished screaming at her, she just laughed at me. I'm going to enjoy taking her down.

"You furball! Prepare to suffer the wrath of NIGHTMARE MOON!" She screamed as a lighting bolt came out of no where and struck at me, but I dodged right and glared deeply at her. I will admit, that was close...

"Quit moving PEST! The sooner you get hit! The easier this will be!" She launched another bolt and nearly hit me, had I not been charging at her. She stuck her hoof in the air and the only reaction my body would let me do is stop moving. What kind of logic is this?

"I'm bored, being a tyrant can be boring, remember when Discord sent you ponies through a maze to find out the elements? Well, let me do the same." I just stared at her with a confused expression. She stomped her hoof on the ground and we were at the entrance, where she explained more. "Here's the deal: Each of you must make it to the end, what will you find at the end? Me!" You have got to be kidding me. She went on. "Here are the rules, rule one! No cheating." She stomped her hoof on the ground and Fluttershy's wings and Twilight and Rarity's horns disappeared.

"Second rule: If you try to leave, you will be banished to the moon." She laughed and said her final rule: "Rule three, I will let you be together, and I won't make your yin, a yang, instead you will be lost and eventually will GO CRAZY!" Then she got serious instantly: "If you win! Your beloved Princess Celestia will be returned, and you can plot your revenge and blah blah blah, any questions? To bad I'm not answering any! And with that! I'm off to watch!" She laughed and she disappeared.

I gave a smirk to the five ponies beside me, yet they gave me confused looks. "You seriously don't get it, do you?" They shook their heads. I had a sudden urge to facepalm. "Dog? Enhanced senses? Sheesh, for an evil queen, she's not very bright." This perked their moods up a little. "Now, first things first..." I got down on all fours and started sniffing. I caught mixed smells. Flowers, birds, bunnies, Nightmare Moon...Wait a second, Nightmare Moon! "Follow me, I got a lock on her." I barked as we began our perilous journey through the maze.