• Published 25th Jun 2013
  • 5,363 Views, 186 Comments

The Dawn of a bright, new life. - Hallowedsoul



Two heart-broken souls are brought together in Equestria.

  • ...
19
 186
 5,363

Spoilers

CAUTION!

If you do not wish to know what the future holds for Leon and Twilight just yet, I suggest you exit out of the story now.

Ye hath been warned.

Spoilers
“Keep It Secret. Keep It Safe”

Something wasn't right... my mind was trying to sleep but my body was busy producing chemicals and giving me the sense that I should, in fact, be up or at least be prepared to be up but for the life of me I couldn't figure out why my body was preparing to be up because my mind was not being a productive part of the team. Me, I just wanted to sleep; it was nice and warm and quiet and I really, really, really wanted to go back to... wait a minute...

Quiet? Why the hell was it quiet? This was the time of night when all manner of racket began. It had been so regular that Spike had begun sleeping with earplugs. Something was wrong and with that thought my mind quickly got on board and I sat up in bed, first looking towards the other end of the room where a crib lay... a crib that as of now lay empty.

Now on full alert, I reached behind the bed, just behind the bedpost where my head traditionally laid, and pulled out my old Berretta. I got out of bed, making sure to tread softly as I made towards the door which was open just a crack. I glanced out briefly, then opened it and move quietly through the hall and down the stairs. The door to the main hallway was open just a crack and I could see a faint light spilling in. I pushed it open soundlessly, stepped into the main hallway and walked down it towards the living room where the light was coming from, along with the low drone of some television program, a music one if I had to guess. I paused at the end, braced myself, then spun around the corner, my gun raising a bit.

Twilight sat in the recliner, a cloth draped over her shoulders as she cradled something within. What she held in the cloth made soft mewling and sucking sounds. I released the breath I was holding and her ear swiveled at the sound just before her head did; she looked exhausted, heavy bags under her bloodshot eyes, but she smiled gently at me as I set the Berretta aside.

"I was trying not to wake you, Leon..." She said softly and I smiled, giving her a kiss on the top of her head.

"You didn't, at least, not directly." I replied just as softly, gesturing towards what was hidden in her cloth "I woke up because it was quiet and she was gone. I thought something had happened to her."

Twilight quirked an eyebrow at me "And you didn't notice I was gone too? That's surprising, considering how hard it was to slip out of your embrace."

I coughed and blushed; okay, so... apparently, when I sleep I... kind of, sort of... latch on to the nearest living thing and... maybe, kind of... cuddle... with them... yes, it appears I'm a cuddler.

"Yes, well... I guess I got some slight tunnel vision after seeing the empty crib..."

"I guess you did." Twilight replied with a giggle, then she yawned "Well, we're both fine. You should go back to bed, Leon, we're going to be here a little while longer. You know she likes to spend a while eating, then she'll need to be burped and then I'll need to spend at least an hour rocking in this chair before she goes back to sleep again."

Considering I've done the whole process myself the last month, give or take, so that Twilight could get extra sleep, I was intimately aware of how long she was going to be down here. Frankly, Twilight hates that I'm always getting up to tend to our future, but I don't want us to devolve into one of those couples that argues each night about turns while the cause of their argument wails miserably. The mere thought frightens and pains me so I choose, without question, to get up in the middle of the night and start each day tired. That's not to say, however, that Twilight hasn't gotten up herself.

"Please, Leon..." Twilight said, her voice breaking me of my thoughts "You're exhausted and everypony can see it. Go back to bed, I'll handle her tonight. In fact, I'll take care of her the next few nights, both so you can get more sleep and so that I can bond with her a little more... I feel like I'm missing so much of it."

I sighed in defeat "Alright... don't stay up too late, okay?"

"I won't."

I bent down and kissed her on the top of her head again, then she lifted her muzzle and we kissed each other on the lips, then I crouched down and lifted the cloth away from the lump within and kissed the top of the small head within, covered in fluffy peach-colored fur and topped by a lilac mane. The little foal gave a small moan and continued suckling as Twilight covered her up once again.

"Good night, Twilight. I love you."

"I love you too, Leon. Good night."

Author's Note:

That's it. This story is officially finished. I hope you've enjoyed the journey and you shall see Leon and Twilight again in the next story!

"Don't you dare forget about me!"

Oh yes, and you'll be seeing plenty of Nica too. This story wouldn't be half of what it is without her.

Comments ( 78 )

This story is AWESOME!!!!!!! CAN'T wait for the sequel, unless it's already out.

2924522 Not yet, but it's certainly in the works.:twilightsmile:

2928169 I think it'd be fun if someone went through my story to try and find all of the subtle and not-so-subtle references in my story.

But the question is, what kind of prize would I give?

It's a mystery, it is!

I wood like to say that was a grate story! I can't wate for the next Chapter. Keep up the grate work. You did a grate job blending the MLP story and the new People to the story line. I do hope to see the new story soon. :moustache:

2936007 That made me chuckle just a little bit. But hey, we all have our little Derpy Moments from time to time.:derpytongue2:

Honestly, I'm surprised you made it that far into the story without realizing it considering the name of one of my chapters is named "Of Ponies, Esperkin and... Timelords?"

But I'm also glad you're having so much fun with my story.:twilightsmile:

Wow, fifty likes!:pinkiegasp:

Thanks, everyone, for liking my story so much! I'll do my best on the sequel so that you enjoy it just as much, if not more.

Wub you lots!:heart:

2978875 Won't let me view the image.:raritydespair:

2979092

It was just RD going "So awesome"

Great job on this story Hallowedsoul, I haven't enjoyed a story like this on this site in quite some time. I can't wait for the sequel.

There are no words to describe how awesome this story was very good job.

3015106 Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

3016413 I now have to of your stories that I shall read later

3019177 I hope you enjoy them!:twilightsmile:

WOOOOO One thousand story views!:pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy:

Thanks to everyone who has taken an interest in my story!:twilightsmile:

Now... to get to one hundred likes...:trixieshiftright:

3170144 :rainbowlaugh: That's funny. He just so happens to be my favorite Resident Evil character.

This is still one of my top 2 books on this website.:pinkiesmile::pinkiehappy::twilightsmile::yay:

3305451 Thank you for saying that, it means a lot to me.:twilightsmile:

3306501 Heh, no. It's just a name he took, the character's an OC.

3305460 it might not be number 1 that is reserved for 'Past Sins' by Pen_Stroke.:twilightsmile: But like I said top 2 and that's out of like 50 or 60 fanfics iv read.:pinkiesmile:

3307213 I'd be happy even if it was ranked tenth in your list. It makes me feel appreciated.

3307313 have you read 'Past Sins'? Its very good

3308892 Hmm, no, but I might give it a shot one of these days.

3308938 READ IT SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flutterrage:

Is there a sequel?

i...i..i read it...i read it all..and its still not enough...

hungry...

3331166 Aw, you didn't have to bring Famine into this, I woulda told you that the sequel is under construction right now and that there is significant progress being made on it (I finally got them out of the Crystal Empire, oh I'm so excited!)

Awesome job on this story, if you ever bring out a sequel I may just read that as well.

3364425 Actually, this story has exceeded my expectations by miles. I'm just content knowing people like you are still reading it; after all, I want to share my worlds with everyone and hopefully give you all even just a tiny glimpse into the beauty and majesty I see during my waking hours.

I try my best, but words can only do so much and often times I don't select the right ones. That said, I will continue to try my best because it's worth it in the end.

2928169 it's actually like this

I wash my hands in this madness!

thats the real deal :ajsmug: *smug*

3480959 Heh, no. Leon is the name of the OC for this story. And the Leon she's based on is slightly different than the one shown.

OMG OMG OMG, 100 LIKES!!!!!:pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp:

Now that you've submitted this I'll say one thing. Cover Art. It helps catch the readers attention as well as helping show what the story will be about. It also just makes your story look better:twilightsmile:

3488109 But I don't have any money to get cover art made.

3494915 Yes. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

Hey, Hallowedsoul! I just wanted to say that I freakin' LOVE "The Dawn of a bright, new life."! Especially when Veronica interrupts Leon's thoughts when it comes to almost anything!

By the way, Is the sequel still in the works? I'm kinda geeking out over here! :twilightblush:

Whatever the case, good luck with your future stories! If for some odd reason life gets you down, don't forget you've got followers here that'll support your decisions 'till the end!

3829526 Thank you very much for saying that and yes, the sequel is well under way!

I don't want to spoil anything but in the next book, Leon's life will become much more complicated, both romantically and comically.

4011303 Lol I never thought of tha- er, I mean, I totally planned that. Totally. *cough*

4013878 Thank you, it means a lot to hear you say that and I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. :-)

4014150 Are you asking me to allude to the sequel? It's coming, new friends, more romance.

Would you like to know more? ;-)

4014174

Sweet! After I finish the last 7 chapters I'll be looking forward to the sequel. And nice reference there. That's an epic movie.

4014150 Ah... *embarrassed laugh* I... just got what you were referring to, considering the chapter you posted the comment on.

Anyway... no, there is no clop. Sex will be alluded to and there will be some innuendos and risqué moments, but nothing you wouldn't see in a PG-13 movie.

Reason being is that I didn't want this to be like other anthro HiEs that very finely described the anthro ponies anatomy, often in a hypersexualized manner.

4017154

Referencing something subconsciously, now that's bein' a nerd. :twilightsmile:

And, that's fine. Adding clop to an already great fic can make or break it. I've read a few like that and it's hard to do without it flowing weirdly. You've already got yourself a great story goin' here and adding clop would probably break it.

So, you got a month at least when you're gonna release the sequel? :rainbowwild:

4018975 No release date yet. When it comes out, it'll be like this one in that it'll be a full complete story.

As of now, despite the progress I've made on it, I'm the equivalent of being only a few episodes into season 3 of the show.

4019163

Ah, sweeet. I am a patient man, but who doesn't hate waiting. Good luck with the writing, and always remember, Wub and Tolerate. :moustache:

4650951 Read on, and you shall see...

Login or register to comment