• Published 25th Jun 2013
  • 5,363 Views, 186 Comments

The Dawn of a bright, new life. - Hallowedsoul



Two heart-broken souls are brought together in Equestria.

  • ...
19
 186
 5,363

Epilogue: "One Adventure's End Is Another's Beginning"

Epilogue
“One Adventure’s End Is Another’s Beginning”

“And just like that, we were engaged. I felt that, after my near-death experience, I should stop denying what my heart truly wanted, which was you by my side.” I say and pause to look at my beautiful wife.

She was sound asleep, light snores escaping her mouth with each breath. She’d rolled over onto her front at some point and her left wing was draped over me along with her arm. I smile gently and kiss the top of her head after moving a lock of her mane behind her ear. She makes a pleased, sleepy sound but does not wake up.

“Good night, my love…” I whisper gently, settling back in order to go to sleep myself.

I reached out with my magic, levitating the moogle doll back where I’d taken it from and taking hold of the light switch to turn off my lamp, but I pause to look at the pictures on my nightstand; there were only two.

The first was the picture the photographer had taken of Twilight and I when we’d been dancing at her brother’s wedding, our eyes closed and the world non-existent around us.

The second was the picture taken of us at our own wedding. Twilight had been wearing a variation of her Princess gown, with her Element on her head while I was wearing a kind of royal uniform that had been traditional of the grooms of Princesses before me, with an elegant sword at my side and my Knight’s Badge pinned to a sash around my chest. The expression on both of our faces was that of pure joy, for it had been the day we’d been dreaming of many months prior.

I could go into more detail about it, but in that regard I only have one thing to say to you as I turn off the light.

Spoilers.

Author's Note:

And that's it.

I wish to take this moment to thank everyone who has read this story, whether you liked it or disliked it. I also wish to thank everyone who has favorited my story, it means a lot to know that it was good enough to entertain so many.

I do not own any of the music used in this story, all credit goes to their respective artists.

I hope you have enjoyed this journey, but I wish to let you know that this is only the beginning. Keep an eye open for the next installment.