• Published 24th Jun 2013
  • 600 Views, 0 Comments

For Old Times' Sake - fic Write Off



Writefriends from all over /fic/ gathered in a war of words on Jun 23 2013. These are the resulting stories.

  • ...
1
 0
 600

Trixie's Revenge

"The Great and Powerful Trixie shall not be defeated by a mere tool! The Great and Powerful Trixie is the one that shall have the last laugh!" She let out a cackle. "The Great and Powerful Trixie shall have her revenge!"

She cantered up and down through the town until she finally spotted her rival. She'd remember that look anywhere. It had been burned into her brain. The mocking look of superiority, always taunting her for her failures. Never again.

"Aha! Found you! You can't escape the wrath of the Great and Powerful Trixie! Prepare to duel!" Trixie stood firm on her four hooves and mustered up a gigantic magical blast. After charging for a few seconds, she unleashed it upon her target. It flew through the air and struck true, covering her opponent in a glow. It shone brighter and brighter until it exploded in a burst of light and sparkles.

"You'll rue the day you crossed the Great and Powerful Trixie!" she shouted. She shook a hoof in the air. "Oh yes. I shall make you rue it indeed!"

She spread her hooves again and pointed her horn towards her rival. "Atatatatatatat!" Magical balls exploded forth like a gatling gun, striking her target repeatedly. "Take that, and that, and that!"

Trixie kept going until all of her energy reserves disappeared. Panting and sweating profusely, she sank to her haunches. She wiped away her brow, and watched as the figurative dust settled. All she could see were blurs, because she had forgotten to close her eyes but she didn't care. Finally, she thought. She would have revenge on the one that had wronged her on that fateful day so many years ago.

She couldn't help as a laugh escaped her lips. "Not so special now, are you? Of course, it was expected that the Great and Powerful Trixie would defeat you." She pointed a hoof threateningly at her. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

She waited a few seconds, but there was no reply. "Ha! Speechless? Basking in the glorious victory of Trixie I see." She turned around, pumped her hoof into the air, and shook her hindquarters in victory.

Gradually, the blurry spots in her vision disappeared. Trixie grinned in spite of herself. At the last second, she turned back around. Just as quickly, her smile disappeared.

"What? No! That... that can't be!" She backed away, and stumbled on her hooves. "That's not possible?" She looked at her rival who stood in plain sight, completely unharmed and didn't even have any scuff marks.

Trixie chuckled inwardly at herself. She had thought she was powerful enough to take revenge, but it was a lie. Of course it was. It always was. Every year, she would challenge her rival and every year, it was the same outcome. But still, she couldn't give up. One day, the Great and Powerful Trixie would have her revenge.

“Don’t... don’t think you’ve won! The Great and Powerful Trixie shall have the last laugh!” She spun on her heel and left town the way she came. Her cape flapped in the wind and she tried not to let anypony see her face. Someday Trixie, just be patient. Your time will come.

No matter what she did, she couldn’t stem the burning rage that built inside her heart. Humiliated, embarrassed, beaten. A torrent of emotions with naught to stem the tide. She looked back at her rival, back towards the center of Ponyville. Her face creased. You! You did this to Trixie! One day, you'll pay for your insolence!

Sitting there was a single wheel, still in one piece.