• Published 24th Jun 2013
  • 3,864 Views, 116 Comments

Mob of The Dead: Aftermath - Juggernaut



Weasel was ignored all his life. He had planned out the escape, and ensured the rest of his group's survival, yet they betrayed him, and murdered him on the bridge. Now, Weasel wakes up in a place where he can't be ignored.

  • ...
5
 116
 3,864

(8) Spotted

Orion looked shocked. "Oh, hey Orion, how are you?" Luna said awkwardly, and nervously. Orion rubbed his eyes with his right hoof, and looked confused whether or not he was seeing something real. He took a few steps forward and poked Weasel in the stomach. (I guess I never explained this, Luna was level with Weasel, Celestia was about a foot taller than him, and most other ponies were about up to his lower chest.)

"Princess Luna... What is that?" He asked. Weasel was surprised to hear no fear in the guards voice. Just curiosity, and a bit of confusion.

"This... Is Albert Arlington" Luna said, going straight to the point, "He's a human, and he sometimes goes by Weasel..." No use lying to him now. Besides he didn't react with fear.

"No way..." Orion mumbled to himself, while looking up at Al. "You mean humans... like from the children books, and stories?"

"Yes." Luna answered.

"... They exist?" Orion asked, surprised. Weasel decided to get into the conversation.

"Well y-" Luna was about to say. Before Weasel butted in.

"Yes, and no" Weasel answered.

"What does he mean?" Orion asked, pointing to Al, while facing Luna.

"They exist, but not on our planet. They exist on a planet... far, far away." Luna answered. Smiling.

Orion looked back at Weasel. "Woah..." He said.

"Hi," Arlington said, awkwardly. "My name is Albert Arlington, but most people, and ponies, call me Weasel."

"I'm... I'm Orion," The guard said. He reached his hoof out. Weasel guessed it was a pony version of a hand shake. Weasel reached out and gently grabbed the pony's hoof, and shook it slightly.

"Now, Orion, this is important." Luna said, changing her look to a very serious look. "You can't tell ANYPONY about Al, not yet. He's only just got here, and we're planning on showing him to the public very soon. Just don't tell anypony about him until the public knows, alright?" She asked, putting a lot of emphasis on anypony.

"You got it, Princess. When will you be showing him to the public?" Orion asked.

"We'll show him to the head of guards today, and if he reacts well, we'll show him to the public later today. If he doesn't, then we'll keep him a secret for a little while longer." Luna answered.

"Ok, princess, but don't forget about your speech, you should go get ready." Orion reminded Luna.

"Oh, I almost forgot, I'll go and get the speech notes, and go, bye Weasel, see you later Orion!" Luna said, opening the door, and sprinting down the steps. Leaving Orion and Weasel alone.

Weasel sighed and sat down, almost forgetting the guard in the room.

"Sooo..." Orion said awkwardly. Weasel looked over to him. "I still gotta wait for Princess Celestia to come here and bring me to the head of guards." Weasel said, looking at Orion.

"So what's it like where you came from?" Orion asked, sitting down like a dog would, next to him.

"It isn't like it is here," Weasel said, "I here there's no war or a lot of crime here."

"There used to be a lot of war, but there hasn't been a war for about 50 years." Orion said, looking up at Al.

"What about crime?" Weasel asked, looking down.

"It depends on where you are. Canterlot and Ponyville have little to no crime, but in Manehattan there's quite a bit of it." Orion answered. Weasel nodded.

"Where I come from, there's crime all over, and wars are constantly going on." Weasel said. Orion looked down for a second.

"What do humans use as weapons? In the old children books it showed humans using crossbows, and bows and arrows." Orion asked.

"We used to use those a long time ago, but more recently, humans developed guns." Weasel stated.

"What are guns?" Orion asked, standing up, and jumping into the chair next to him, then sitting back down like a dog would.

"It's hard to explain. They come in plenty of different shapes..." Weasel was at a loss trying to explain what they were. "There's a handle, then a barrel that extends forward, and there's tiny, pointy things, called bullets, that are put into a box, then the box is connected to the gun. It loads one at a time into the barrel, and a small explosion goes off in the barrel, just enough to send the bullet flying out of the barrel. Let me tell 'ya. If that bullet hits something, or someone. it'll pierce straight through."

"How fast does the bullet go?" Orion asked, interested in human technology.

"Faster than the eye can see. You can't see it going through the air, that's how fast it goes." Weasel stated. Orion was silent for a moment.

"So how'd you end up here?" Orion said, with a curious look on his face.

"It's... a long story." Weasel said, wondering whether or not he should tell Orion of his criminal background, or how he fought demons in purgatory.

"Go on, we got until Princess Celestia comes to get you." Orion said, sitting patiently. Weasel sighed.

"In my world... It's all about money. If you don't got cash, then you're done. I ran out... I wasn't born into a rich family, I was born into a family that lived in a crappy apartment in a city called New York. When my family ran out of money, we lost our home, and I had to resort to thievery to survive." Weasel started the story.

"Wow...I'm really sorry for...um..." Orion stuttered, sympathizing Al.

"Don't be." Weasel said, looking at Orion.

"If you say so," Orion said, "Finish your story, please."

"I ended up in a mob, long after most of my family either parted ways, or died. The mob was small, but dangerous, everyone of us made a living. We robbed banks, mugged people, raised an illegal empire right under the noses of the government. Eventually... we got busted, and ended up in the highest security prison in existence."

"Sweet bro, you got any prison tats?" Orion asked, grinning. Weasel chuckled a bit.

"No, Orion, I don't have any prison tats." Weasel laughed a bit. "Anyways," Weasel said, getting a bit more serious. "The others got busted too, and we ended up in there for about four months before we made our escape attempt."

"Did you dig out of there with a spoon?" Orion asked

"No, I pretended to be injured so the guards would open the cell, and try to help me. Then I stabbed him..." Weasel said, darkly. He was expecting for Orion to freak out. Instead, Orion was still interested.

"Ok, go on." He said, listening intently.

Weasel was surprised to hear him NOT freaking out at the knowledge that Weasel was a murderer.

"We made our way up to the roof, fleeing guards. Our plan was to build a makeshift pl..." Weasel stopped himself, they don't have planes in this world, so he can just simplify it to avoid having to explain it. "Makeshift flying machine on the roof." Orion was treating it like a move. His eyes were wide.

"What happened then?" He asked, excited.

"Here's where it starts getting a bit weird.." Weasel said, he sighed. "When they realized that I couldn't follow through on my promise to make the flying machine, they murdered me on the roof."

"Woah... Then you woke up here?" Orion asked.

"No, it get's weirder. Afterwards they were caught, and executed for my murder. THEN we all woke up in the prison again. Everyone's memory was erased, so we couldn't remember that we had already tried to escape, and failed."

"That's some paranormal stuff right there..." Orion commented.

"It was... we were in..."

"Purgatory." Orion stated the word that Weasel was looking for.

"Yeah, that. Anyways, we started the plan same as before, except after I stabbed the guard, he came back to life, as a... a monster." Weasel remembered the guards flaming read eyes.

"Like, like a zombie?" Orion asked. Weasel had never heard of that term, but he liked it.

"Yeah, I guess so. After putting the guard down, a lot more of 'em came. A LOT more of 'em. Tons and tons of the zombies poured out of cells, and through holes in walls. Eventually, the zombies caught all four of us, and killed us."

"That's when you woke up here?" Orion asked, interested deeply in Weasel's story.

"No, it gets even weirder. We then woke up yet again, as ghosts... floating over our own dead bodies. We each went into our bodies and that's when the cycle began."

"The cycle?" Orion asked.

"We were stuck in a cycle of going from the prison, to the nearby bridge, and back to the prison." Weasel answered.

"How'd you get to the bridge?" Orion asked.

"I'll tell you if I can continue the story." Weasel said, smiling at Orion.

"Go on, we don't got all day." Orion said, non-patiently.

"Ok, ok... Then the zombies attacked again, over and over in waves of about a hundred. We fought 'em off with guns and the such." Weasel said, remember the events. "There was this one... big guy, he was a large guard, who kept coming back every half hour or so, he was a good... three feet taller than every other zombie there, and he'd shout at us while chasing us, taunting us... He was the hardest to kill, and every time we DID kill him, he'd just come back about thirty minutes later."

"Wow, he's persistent." Orion commented.

"Yeah... Well after finding all the parts for the plane, we went up to the roof and built it... we took off, thinking we were home free... Instead, we crashed into a bridge. We fought zombies on the bridge for a while, then died... THEN we came back right were we started, as ghosts, hovering over our own dead bodies. We built the plane again, and again, and again. Each time just crashing into the bridge, dying, and then coming back in the starting room." Weasel explained the cycle.

"So that's the cycle? All the while being attacked by zombies?" Orion asked both questions.

"Yes, and yes." Weasel answered. "After going through the cycle a few times, I started to regain my memories, and so did the others. I realized first that we were trapped in purgatory, but kept it to myself, because I remembered that the others had murdered me in real life. The others were slowly regaining their memories too, but not as fast as me. We went to the bridge... one final time... and while we were fighting zombies the other three turned on me... They remembered that they had killed me in real life, and blamed me for trapping them in a personal hell. They murdered me... a second time, on that bridge." Weasel finished.

"Then you woke up here?" Orion asked again.

"Yeah... You wanna know the worst part of this?" Weasel asked.

"Sure." Orion answered.

"That one big guy, the one that keeps coming to life?" Weasel was seeing if Orion remembered that part of the story. Orion nodded so Weasel went on. "He's been attacking me in my dreams."

"How do you know it's not just regular nightmares?" Orion asked.

"Because Luna said she can feel a dark presence around me when I sleep..." Weasel said, confirming it.

"Oh... What if he tries to physically COME to Equestria?" Orion asked, worried.

"He is." Weasel said in a dark voice.

"WHAT?" Orion asked shocked.

"Luna said it'll take the demon a while to build up the energy to get here. She also said that she has enough magic within her to teleport my gun to this world, as long as she has some time to build up the magic needed for the spell."

"It'll come back when you kill it, won't it? Like it did in purgatory?" Orion asked, noticeably worried.

"I don't think so, since that was purgatory, none of that applied to logic. This is real life. Demon or not, you can't just come back to life in real life." Weasel said, hoping that he was right.

"I hope you're right, because if you're wrong, and he just keeps coming back, then it'll take the elements of harmony to get him to go." Orion said.

"What?" Weasel asked, he had never heard of the 'elements of harmony'.

"There are these six ponies that were the best friends the world could make. They ended up being the perfect users for these magical gems called the Elements of Harmony. They hold the most powerful magic in existence." Orion explained.

"That's pretty damn cool." Weasel said, chuckling.

"Yeah, it is." Orion said, laughing a bit too.

There was a knock on the door, and a muffled. "Weasel? Weasel are you there?"

"Oh, it's Celestia," Orion said, jumping down from the chair.

"Finally..." Weasel said, getting up.

They walked to the door, and Weasel opened it up. Celestia was standing outside, she looked at Weasel and smiled. "Luna said that her personal guard saw you?" She asked for Weasel to confirm the story.

"Yeah, I did." Orion peaked into the doorway.

"It's no use hiding stuff from him, I've told him the full story." Weasel said.

"Everything?" Celestia asked, surprised that Orion wasn't scared of Weasel.

"Yeah, the full story." Weasel confirmed.

"Ok... Just try and keep the fact that you went through hell to get here a bit of a secret, we don't want the entire public to know that you were a criminal and fought demons in hell, they'll be frightened. Ok?" Celestia asked.

"Yeah, I won't go around telling everyone, just close friends." Weasel said, Orion looked up and him, and stuck out his hoof.

"Bro hoof?" Orion said, realizing that Weasel just called him a friend.

"Um... sure..." Weasel said, putting his hand into a fist, and bumping it with Orion's hoof.

"Ok, mark that off my bucket list, bro hoofed a human... check." Orion mumbled to himself. Celestia laughed a bit at their antics, and then got a serious look on her face.

"Ok, the head of guard is waiting... Orion, you may come if you wish." Celestia said, before turning around and trotting down the steps. Weasel followed. Orion thought for a second whether or not he should come, before seeing the two already leaving him behind. He jumped up, and flapped his bat wings.

"Wait up!" He shouted, while flying down the stairs.

Author's Note:

NOTE: Since I started this before season 4, I'm going with the non-princess Twilight. Sorry, she'll just be a unicorn in this story.