• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 2,280 Views, 129 Comments

The Elements of Honor - Flanagan



The story of three stallions and their journey to fine their true destiny, rated Teen for blood, gore, sexual innuendos and language

  • ...
6
 129
 2,280

PreviousChapters Next
Epilogue Pt1: Remembrance

Greatsword looked out into the evening sky, watching the sun set over the golden hills and trees of Ponyville. “It always takes me back…” he said to himself.
“What does?” Fluttershy asked walking up behind him.
Greatsword looked back to her slightly surprised; he knew that she normally was preparing for bed at this time. He only smiled as he watched her take a place right next to him. “Well, Shy…” he began. “It’s only been one year since Destruction nearly tore Equestria apart, and it’s almost like he never came here in the first place.”
“Omnipotent and Aurora certainly are miracle workers…” Fluttershy said. “I’m sad that they had to leave so soon though…”
“Their work was done here…” he said looking back to the sunset. “They needed to return…”
“And what about your parents?” she asked. “Why did they and your friends have to leave as well?”
“This isn’t their world anymore, Shy…” Greatsword said placing his wing over her noticing the fall weather was making her shiver. “This world is ours, and it will become what we make it, Celestia willing, it will be a place where the foals will grow up free from fear, hate and every evil that we have faced in our life time.”
“I hope so too Greatsword…” Fluttershy said moving closer to him. “And speaking of foals…” she said drawing ever closer to Greatsword’s ear with an adorable smile. “I’m pregnant.”
Greatsword quickly turned to face her with a look of pure happiness. “Really?!” he said excitedly. “are you?!”
Fluttershy only nodded again. “Yes…” she said hiding herself behind her mane. “I hope you like the news…”
“I don’t just like it…” Greatsword said with a smile wrapping her up in his forelegs. “I LOVE it!” he kissed her passionately as the sun finally set over the hills and the moon rose into the sky. He finally released her and gave her another long hard look. “How many others know about this?” he asked.
“Only you and me…” she responded. “Should we tell the rest of them?”
“Of course we should,” Greatsword said, “but we can save that for the morning… me, you…” he gently placed his hoof on her belly. “AND the little guy in there need plenty of rest before morning comes.” The two walked back in unison to their house to sleep, but tonight sleep would benignly skip both of them just out of elation.
“Never thought it would end like this…” Battleaxe said watching the sun lower over the far off hills. “Even a year ago… if I were to go back in time and tell myself about this… I’d punch me in the mouth and call me crazy…”
“What are you talking about?” Twilight asked, taking her place at his side. “What did you never see coming?”
“This…” he said pointing to Twilight then himself. “I never imagined that I’d be settling down with a girl… let alone a girl like you.”
“And I never thought I’d be with a guy like you.”
“What’s THAT supposed to mean?”
“I could ask the same of what YOU said…” Twilight replied with a smile.
“It’s far from a bad thing Twilight,” Battleaxe said returning the smile. “I thought that IF I were to settle down I wouldn’t do it with a mare as good as you.”
“Well aren’t you the charmer.” Twilight said leaning her head on his chest. “How long did it take you to perfect THAT line?”
“That was one hundred percent genuine…” He said placing his hoof on her chest, “And it took me a couple months to get that one right.”
Twilight giggled a little before giving Battleaxe a quick peck on the cheek. “I knew it…”
“Hey, at least I’m being honest,” Battleaxe chucked. “It’s not like I’m just trying to get you in bed.”
“As if you haven’t been trying…” Twilight said looking up to him with a wild look in her eye, she leaned in again and softly pressed her lips against his. “And you won’t succeed anytime soon.”
“Is that a challenge?” Battleaxe asked with a masculine growl.
“It is what you make it.” Twilight said batting her eyelashes at him.
“Well Twilight…” Battleaxe said wrapping his foreleg around Twilight’s shoulder as the sun finally disappeared over the hills, “I think this is the start of something beautiful…”
The moon rose over Canterlot, shining its pale glow over the capitol city. Everypony was long asleep in their beds, except for the one who had rose the moon itself. Luna looked over the quiet city and shook her head before walking back into her chambers.
“They never seem to appreciate the work I do.” Luna said with a smile. “I wish there was somepony who did.”
“You forget that there will always be one who will appreciate what you do more than anypony.” Warhammer said quietly opening the door.
“Warhammer,” Luna said happily making her way to him, “How was the memorial?”
“The sculptors truly caught Commander Garrison’s likeness.” Warhammer replied, “The statue almost looks as hardened as he was.”
“I doubt that even the hardest granite would do justice compared the real thing.”
“I think that too… the others look amazing as well.” Warhammer walked past Luna, gently brushing his body against hers. “And even though he was only here for a little more than a month, they captured Omnipotent’s likeness perfectly, powerful, wise and loving beyond everything.”
“He certainly was amazing…” Luna said with a small tear forming in her eye, “Even though he was busy with rebuilding Equestria he and Aurora found plenty of time for Celestia and myself… It feels good to remember my father as I should. But I do wish one thing…” she walked over to a small corner of the room where a crib held two small foals, sleeping peacefully. “I wish he could meet his grandfoals…”
Warhammer walked over to Luna’s side and looked over the two alicorns in the crib as well. “I wish he could’ve met them too…” he said placing his hoof on her shoulder. “But I’m sure he’s beaming with pride from his home in the ascended plane.”
“I can only hope…” Luna said. “I’m not sure if he would truly approve of my giving birth out of wedlock.”
“He seemed like the kind who understood true love,” Warhammer said with a smile. “And that doesn’t matter anymore… now we ARE married.”
“That is true…” Luna said leaning herself onto Warhammer. “And I will be ready for any challenge that faces us…”
“Only when they come Luna…” Warhammer said softly pressing his lips against hers. “Only when they come.”

Author's Note:

I lied there's a bit more...

PreviousChapters Next