• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 2,281 Views, 129 Comments

The Elements of Honor - Flanagan



The story of three stallions and their journey to fine their true destiny, rated Teen for blood, gore, sexual innuendos and language

  • ...
6
 129
 2,281

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11: Stargazing

“I’m not exactly sure about this…” Greatsword said stepping out of the bathroom, “We’re still supposed to be training the Lunar Guard.”

“Luna gave us four days off bro…” Battleaxe replied slapping his brother on the shoulder, “You need to loosen up a bit, all of us got the weekend and then some off…” he looked to the clock on the all, “You know that training AND sit downs with Celestia and Luna has been very draining for the three of us.”

Greatsword shook his head and sighed, “For once I agree with you… I’ve gotten about four hours of sleep every day for the past three weeks.”

“Warhammer’s gotten less…” Battleaxe added, looking over to the giant across the room, “I think he’s been taking the counseling with Luna rather seriously.”

“And you haven’t?”

“Of course I have!” Battleaxe replied in shock, “But I’ve caught those two staring at one another just a little too long from time to time.”

“She’s a Princess and co-ruler of all Equestria, Battleaxe…” Greatsword said rolling his eyes, “Warhammer’s an elite, but unknown super soldier that just happened to notice Luna was in turmoil-“

“And if we didn’t listen to him Luna might be dead…”

“Again a true point…” Greatsword said, “but that’s no reason to make such a bold claim to say-“

“Are the two of you ready yet?” Warhammer asked, opening the door, “Our guest is waiting…”

“Guest?” Battleaxe and Greatsword asked simultaneously, as Warhammer walked out of the room. Battleaxe looked to Greatsword with concern, “He says we have a guest… I hope that doesn’t mess with my plans…”

“YOUR plans?” Greatsword asked, “What plans?”

“After a session a day or two ago with Luna I ran into a few lovely ladies that were in town for the Wonderbolt show.” Battleaxe explained, “So I laid on the charm and I’ve got a double date with twins… TWINS, big bro… but that’s only if Warhammer’s guest doesn’t make me late…”

“I’m sure Warhammer won’t keep us.” Greatsword said smirking, “you know how he is about things like this. Now come on, I’m sure he’s waiting at the gates.”

The Battleaxe turned the light of and the two left their quarters. Just as Greatsword said Warhammer was waiting for them at the castle gates, but something was different. He seemed far more eager than usual, if fact, it was the first time they’d ever seen him eager. He motioned them to follow him, which they did with slight confusion.

“Where’s he taking us?” Battleaxe asked, “I’ve never been this way.”

“It’s an alternate route to the royal gardens.” Greatsword explained, “more or less a scenic route, more places to stop by and all that.”

“Oh thank Celestia…” Battleaxe said sighing in relief, “I told my dates to meet me at the gardens.”

“Lucky you…” Greatsword said rolling his eyes, “But at least spend some time with us before you go run off and start to ‘enjoy’ your evening.”

“I will…” Battleaxe said slightly insulted, “Family’s important… but once I see them I doubt I’ll be around for very long.”

Greatsword let out an exasperated sigh and continued to follow his younger brother down the brightly lit streets of the early evening. Everypony was enjoying one another’s company; seeing the sights, enjoying the fine dining and overall just watching the night slowly pass by. It didn’t take long for the three to arrive in the royal garden, once there they saw the pony that they were a ‘guest’ of.

“Ah, Warhammer.” Princess Luna said with a smile, “We are happy you could join us.” She wrapped him up in her wings and gave him a small smile. “We see that your brothers were able to join us as well, what wonderful news.”

“Yeah… wonderful…” Battleaxe said poking Greatsword’s side, “Told you…” he said under his breath.

“Can’t he just have a close friend that happens to be the opposite gender?” Greatsword said covering his face with his hoof.

“Of course he can… but if the first reaction to seeing your ‘friend’ is to hug them like that, I think-“

“What are you two talking about?” Princess Luna asked, her head tilted to the side like a puppy.

“Nothing important my lady.” Greatsword replied, sliding his hoof away from his muzzle. “But may I ask why you invited us to the garden this evening?”

The Princess nodded with her horn beginning to glow brightly, pushing the tree tops away so the night sky would be more visible. The three looked up to see only the moon but not a single star in the sky. They looked pack to Princess Luna with confusion, but she only replied with a smile.

“Tonight is the first night that we fill the night sky with stars in over one thousand years…” she explained as small white dots began to fill the dark shy, “We wished for those close to us to observe this momentous occasion.”

Princess Luna’s horn began to glow even brighter. The three looked onward in awe as the once vacant sky began to fill with countless stars. But that wasn’t what took them back; a mysterious whit light began to envelope the Princess. Her body began to turn a deeper shade of blue, her eyes glowed with the purest of light and her mane and tail slowly transformed from its sky blue to a dark, slightly transparent flowing one like her sisters.

Her horn stopped glowing as well as her eyes, but her physic remained unchanged. She looked at her guests, their jaws dangling toward the ground; they’d never seen such a display, or any transformation for that matter. She smiled awkwardly back at them, she had never been looked at like that before. After a few quiet moments, she finally spoke.

“How did we do?” she asked pointing to the sky, trying to make them take their eyes off of her.

“How… Why…” Battleaxe started in disbelief, “How did you do that?”

“We have always been able to do this.” Princess Luna replied confused, “We are the Princess of the night after all.”

“Not that…” Battleaxe said, pointing at her, “how did you do THAT?”

The Princess Looked down at her chest, what she saw nearly shocked her out of her own skin. “By our sister’s beard…” she said in disbelief, “We haven’t looked like this in over one thousand years… our old power… it has returned!” She jumped up and down excitedly, rushing Warhammer and wrapping him up in her embrace. “OUR POWER HAS RETURNED!”

“Care to explain?” Battleaxe asked still confused.

Princess Luna snapped out of her elation, realizing that a red faced Warhammer was in her grasp, she released him her own face a deep shade of purple. “Long ago…” she began, “We looked like this, only because of the full power of the elements of harmony; that is why Celestia looks the way she does, without the magic that flowed through her, her mane would be pink.”

“So the elements of harmony removed all the magic in you?” Greatsword asked

“Yes.” The Princess answered, “but it had to be done, almost all the magic that flowed through us was dark and evil, but that matters little…” she flew up into the sky, her smile glowing as brightly as the moon itself, “Our power is equal to what it once was!”

“Well, that’s good… I guess…” Battleaxe said looking around, “I guess we-“

“Battleaxe!” two voices called in unison, Battleaxe spun around quickly to see a pair of light gray pegasi motioning to come to them.

“Cloud Chaser…” He said happily, “Flitter… how are the two of you doing?”

“We’re fine…” Cloud Chaser said smiling, “But where have YOU been?”

“Yeah…” Flitter added, “We’ve been here for nearly an hour, what-HOLY MOTHER OF EQUESTRIA!”

Flitter and Cloud Chaser jumped behind Battleaxe after seeing Princess Luna standing not twenty feet away. “NIGHTMARE MOON!” Cloud Chaser cried, “Merciful Celestia! Save us!”

Battleaxe looked to the Princess and his brothers with an awkward smile. Greatsword and Warhammer stared back at him, with annoyed glares. He knew what they expected him to do, even though he didn’t want to. Reluctantly, he turned to face the two hoping his explanation would be enough.

“Ladies…” he said calmly, “That’s not Nightmare Moon… well not anymore.” A stray rock collided with the back of Battleaxe’s head, he turned to see Greatsword with another rock in hoof, just in case, “Anyway…” he said rubbing the back of his head, “She’s on our side, in fact she a very nice mare, come on I’ll show you.” he lead the two to stand before Princess Luna, the looks on their faces were full of fear, “Go on…” he said “say ‘hello’.”

Cloud Chaser and Flitter looked to one another then to Princess Luna. “H-hello…” the two said in unison.

“Charmed.” Princess Luna replied raising her hoof to them.

The two jumped, expecting to be sent flying into the air by the strike of a vengeful alicorn, but to their surprise she just wanted a friendly hoof shake. Awkwardly they shook her hoof and bowed respectfully.

“So…” Battleaxe said throwing his forelegs around the two, “We still on for our date?”

“Well…” Cloud Chaser said looking one stallion up and down in particular, “I guess so, but shouldn’t you ask one of them?” she pointed directly at Greatsword, “I think it’d be more fun if it were a double date.”

Battleaxe looked to Greatsword and motioned his head to Cloud Chaser. Greatsword looked to her: she was seductively batting her eyes at him with a smile. He looked back to Battleaxe and shook his head; there were more important things to him now than one evening.

“Suit yourself…” Battleaxe said looking to the two, “Now ladies where were we?” The three walked off to the night life of Canterlot, leaving the others to watch the night shy.

“I’m sorry my lady…” Warhammer said lowering his head, “I know you whished that Battleaxe would stay…”

“It’s his loss Warhammer…” The Princess replied with a smile, “He will be missing quite the show.”

“What are you-“ he was interrupted by the sight of dozens of falling stars filling the night sky. The sight took him off guard; he’d never seen such a spectacle. He looked back to Princess Luna; her small smile begged him to stand at her side.

The three remained watching the shower, enjoying the silent beauty of it all when Greatsword heard another’s voice come from the walkway.

“Greatsword?” Record Keeper asked stepping off the path, “Wow, I haven’t seen you in almost a month!”

She trotted up to him and wrapped her forelegs around his neck. The greeting surprised Greatsword, but unlike anypony else he didn’t try to push her off, instead he returned the embrace. He could feel her warmth in the chill of the night air, but most of all he could feel her heartbeat; the rhythm became one with his own as the embrace continued. After nearly one minute, Greatsword finally was released from her grip.

“Good to see you again, Record Keeper…” Greatsword said with a smile, “What brings you out here tonight?”

“Well, I was headed back home from the vault.” She began, “but then I saw the stars spring into life, I’d never seen anything like it before, then the meteor shower started, so I decided to stay and watch… now I’m here.” She looked right back at him, “So what are YOU doing out here? I thought you were training Princess Luna’s guards.”

“I still am…” Greatsword replied, “But she gave us four days off, and tonight she invited us to watch her make the night.” he pointed over to the Princess and Warhammer, the two were staring at the falling stars.

“Wow…” Record Keeper said, “She looks… different.”

“Her powers returned…” Greatsword explained, “She’s just as strong as she was before she became Nightmare Moon.”

“Oh… ok.” Record Keeper said looking back up to the sky, “Wanna watch the shower with me?”

“Excuse me?”

“Do you want to watch the meteor shower with me?” she repeated, “I mean, we’re already here and all.”

“I guess we could…” Greatsword replied with a smile, “I’ve got nothing better to do anyway.”

The two found a nearby bench and took their respective places. Watching in awe as the meteors darted across the sky. The minutes passed like moments when they were in one another’s company. But with a quick glance Greatsword did notice something was amiss.

“Is there something wrong?” Greatsword asked her, her body shivering almost nonstop.

“Oh, I’m fine…” she replied, “I didn’t bother to bring a scarf today, wasn’t expecting to be out this long.”

“You’re freezing…” Greatsword said placing his hoof on her face, “I’ll take care of you.” Greatsword unveiled one of his wings and wrapped Record Keeper up with it as best he could.

“Thank you Greatsword.” Record Keeper said turning a small shade of red, “I can’t remember the last time-“

With little warning Greatsword pulled her in closer, the warmth of his body pulsed through her. She’d never felt anything like that, or even been this close to a stallion for that matter. She looked into his iron grey eyes; they seemed to tell her that everything was alright, because he was there. Her heart raced and cheeks became even redder when he smiled at her.

“Too warm?” he asked, releasing her from his wing.

“No…” she said looking away from him, “I’ve just… you know… I’ve never…”

“Never been under the wing of a pegasi?”

“Yeah, that’s it…” Record Keeper replied, “Never felt this way before.”

“Well, get used to it…” Greatsword said, looking back to the sky “Because this shower doesn’t show signs of stopping.”

Record Keeper nodded and returned her gave to the sky as well, letting Greatsword’s warmth flow through her. After several hours the shower was over and everypony was exhausted beyond all reason. Greatsword and Warhammer saw Record Keeper back to her apartment, then Princess Luna back to her quarters. When they finally arrived back to their own room Battleaxe was already passed out in his bed, Cloud Chaser and Flitter on either side.

“Looks like we all had a better time than we expected.” Greatsword said climbing into his bed.

“Indeed,” Warhammer replied letting out a small laugh. “And we still have three more days.”

“Better not waste them.”

“I never would think of it.”

The two then pulled the covers over their heads, ready to get some much needed rest.

PreviousChapters Next