• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 3,376 Views, 86 Comments

Hitting The Books - CrypticMetaphor



When a writer from Earth ends up in Canterlot High will he survive the horrors he has endured once before?

  • ...
25
 86
 3,376

Chapter 13- Flight Of The Valkyries

We were all frozen to the spot. I assumed we all had the same thought, how did they find out where we all were? But regardless of that matter the gruesome two some sneered at us all in the doorway. Now when your friends with me I’ve been told that I sometimes act without thinking and I hate to admit it, but it’s true. I tensed up and rushed the door and tackled the girl with white hair onto the lawn. I felt a pair of hands grasp the back of my shirt as I was hurled into a nearby shrub. I stuck my head out and was picked up by the white haired girl.

She raised a fist, “Big mistake dork!”

I shut my eyes waiting for the pain but it never came. What DID come was a massive blow from the side as me and the girl who I assumed was Gilda tumbled down to the ground. I opened my eyes to see Dash managing to pin Gilda to the ground with much surprise from the latter girl.

Rainbow narrowed her eyes, “Try that again to one of my friends and I’ll end you!”

Gilda chuckled, “Do you have the guts?”

Gilda then shoved the cyan girl from atop of her as she landed on top of me.

Rainbow managed to clamber off as Gilda stood, “Sorry Scribe, you okay?”

The left lens of my glasses was cracked as I stood up, “My glasses…”

Rarity bounded across the yard as the others got on the defensive and spread out, “It’s not to bad Cryptic. We just need to get them-,” I removed them and handed the specs to Rarity to hold.

I glared at Gilda, “YOU BROKE MY LENS!!!!!”

Gilda stepped back in shock at my voice which had turned to a thunderous boom of anger, “Whoa.”

I pointed an angry finger at Gilda, “Replace them.”

Gilda was now completely confused, “Seriously?”

I raised my voice again, “REPLACE THEM!!!!!”

Lightning Dust went to move forward only to be met with the glares of the congregated girls. Lightning Dust backed up to Gilda.

*

Lightning Dust whispered to her cohort, “Maybe this wasn’t the wisest of ideas G. We’re kind of outnumbered.”

Gilda shook her head as she cracked her knuckles, “I’m not afraid of these losers.”

Umbra spoke from directly behind them, “Well you should be.”

*

We all immediately got ready for a fight as Umbra clapped, “Congratulations you won! The hired help has been frightened next to the power of your friendship,” he then placed the back of his right hand against his forehead, “Oh whatever shall I do?”

Rarity snorted as Twilight stepped forward, “Umbra your efforts are futile, you’ll never acquire the element!”

Umbra let loose a grin that sent chills up our spines, “You’re entirely right,” he glanced to his two lackeys, “But they are a different story.”

Umbra raised his hands as the corrupted magical energy of the Element of Magic surged to life, “Say Twilight, tell me if this looks familiar!”

Umbra then blasted the two girls as they were encased in auras of pure power. Umbra smiled maliciously as he backed away. Soon the energy faded and we beheld what was before us. Lightning dust’s coat seemed to have a slight sheen to it as well as her pants. Her hair seemed slightly longer in the back and it was tied of in a ponytail with a clasp that looked exactly like the symbol on her shirt. Protruding from the top of her head were…pony ears?! She also seemed to possess a pair of feathered wings!? For some reason deep down seeing that pissed me off. But that was nothing compared to what was beside her. Gilda’s hair had gotten much longer and wilder looking and had the appearance of feathers. Her pants had developed an otherworldly sheen the skin of her arms and up to her neck and side burn seemed to be a lair of short dark brown fur, like the kind you would see on a lion. Her hands had become a pair of nasty looking yellow talons.

Gilda flexed her new fingers, “Okay, I could get used to this,” a larger pair of brown feathered wings unfolded from her back, “Now it’s time for round 2!”

Lightning Dust flapped her wings as she hovered above the ground, “Let’s see who goes down first.”

Umbra clapped his hands together, “Ah my Valkyries, take the Element by any means necessary.”

Gilda gave him the thumbs up, “Roger that boss.”

Lightning Dust took in her new form and Gilda’s, “How am I supposed to do any damage when she’s the one with the talons?”

Umbra just rolled his eyes, “Use your imagination.”

Umbra turned on his heel and…vanished.

I blinked in complete surprise, “Okay…CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?!?!”

Twilight turned her head as the two girls began to gather themselves, “It’s complicated Scribe. The best way I can explain it is that Umbra’s powers are the exact antithesis to the Element of Magic.”

I looked to the two girls, “Can’t you use that on them then?!”

Twilight bit her lip, “I could but I’m not sure what might happen.”

Fluttershy screamed as Gilda flew straight at her, “Got ya!!!”

I then side tackled her out of the air.

*

Twilight made a move to help the struggling Scribe who then raised his hand, “I GOT HER JUST GET OUT OF HERE! PROTECT THE ELEMENT AND SUNSET!”

Applejack then whipped out a rope and ensnared Lightning Dust around the waist before she could help Gilda, “We’re not leavin!”

Sunset turned to Twilight, “We’ve got no choice, use the Element Twilight.”

Twilight shook her head, “But I don’t know if it will work, I mean back when you used it…”

Sunset grasped Twilight’s shoulders, “Twilight! You can do it! You’ve done it before!”

*

I held Gilda’s wrists as she writhed beneath me, “Game over bird brain!”

Gilda roared like a lion in my face which caused me to clutch my ears. She immediately got up…and I tasted pennies. I glanced down and noticed my shirt had been shredded and I was bleeding quite badly.

Not being able to register this fully I let out a simple, “Oh.”

I dropped like a sack of potatoes and blacked out.

*

The girls stood still as Scribe lay unmoving. Applejack blinked away tears and soon her face became a mask of rage.

Twilight narrowed her eyes as she turned to Sunset and nodded. The girl then ran into the house as Gilda glanced down at the fallen boy and scoffed.

Gilda examined her talons, “The guy was way out of his league.”

Applejack stepped forward, “He was our friend and you can bet we’re not gonna let this stand at all!”

Sunset then emerged from the house and threw the Element of Magic to Twilight, “CATCH!”

Twilight grasped it immediately, “Girls, I’m giving you one chance to surrender.”

Gilda and Lightning Dust just laughed in response.

Twilight sighed, “Have it your way then.”

Twilight then donned the crown and soon the jewel began to hum as it glowed. She smiled as the glow encased her body and that of her friends. Sunset stood off to the side and went to retrieve Scribe. Soon the glow subsided and the girls stood before the two assailants, Dash’s injuries were fully healed and everyone’s clothing had taken on a more elegant look. The all had developed the same kind of hairstyle; their hair having gotten longer down to their knees and tied off in a ponytail as well as having pony ears. Wings had been given to Dash, Fluttershy, and Twilight respectively. The two girls merely smiled at this.

Gilda clenched her talons as she crouched, “Finally, now THIS is a FIGHT!!!”

Lightning Dust took to the sky as she prepared to dive bomb Twilight for the crown only to be intercepted by Dash, “Not so fast Lightning Dust.”

Lightning Dust just snickered at the comment, “Cute.”

She then tackled Dash in mid-flight while below Gilda was circling the remainder of the group, “Make a move, I DARE YOU!”

A cone of purple energy in the shape of a horn visibly appeared in the center of Twilight’s head, “Alright.”

The next thing Gilda knew she was thrown from her feet and flung into the air. Rarity used her own magic to grasp the girl as Applejack converged on her and threw her rope on Gilda’s wings which she pulled taught. Gilda yelped in surprise as the magic ceased and she dropped to the ground. Pinkie Pie then sat atop the girl as Applejack got to work tying her up. Gilda yelled out in anger as she was restrained.

*

Nearby Umbra sat watching the proceedings and growled, “Damn.”

*

Lightning Dust was brought down to Earth as both she and Dash grappled with each other. Lighting Dust delivered a swift jab to Dash’s stomach and then preformed a text book reversal as she wrenched the cyan woman’s arm hard.

Lightning smirked, “Never could beat me in a wrestling match!”

Dash nodded and spoke through gritted teeth, “True, but that was then,” she then wrapped her legs around Lightning’s and twisted hard, “This is NOW!”

Lightning Dust cried out as she tumbled and Dash was now the one pinning her, “Applejack get over here and tie her up!”

*

Soon both girls were hogtied and gagged as the group high fived.

Applejack then placed her hands on her hips, “Whatcha reckon we do with em?”

Dash cracked her knuckles, “I say we teach them a lesson.”

Twilight shook her head, “That would make us no better than they are.”

Umbra suddenly appeared before them, “No need, I’ll do it.”

Umbra snapped his fingers as the two girls powered states vanished, “Good help is so hard to find these days,” he then raised his left hand which lit up with black fire.

Twilight stepped forward, “NO!”

Umbra glanced at her coldly, “I don’t tolerate failure.”

Twilight raised her hand, “We will stop you here and now!”

Umbra laughed, “Let’s make a game of it then. If you remove the crown and turn back then I’ll spare them. If you try to use your collective power to destroy me then we shall test to see which is faster your friendship,” he then raised his other hand which he pointed at Twilight, “Or my darkness.”

Umbra then took notice of Scribe, “Or you allow us to go free and heal your comrade.”

Rarity shook her head, “Twilight he’s made it impossible, whichever way you choose he wins.”

Twilight sighed, “I know.”