• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 13,952 Views, 684 Comments

Ponified Without Consent - Daemon of Decay



In a world without bacon, five humans find themselves trapped... grazing on mother bucking dandelions. Friendship is magic. Too bad none of these jerks are friends.

  • ...
31
 684
 13,952

Chapter 3 - Boundaries

Chapter 3 - Titillating Typography



I was woken up by something hard. That might not have been a bad thing, had the object not been roughly hoof shaped and impacting my muzzle, sending me toppling over to land on my back. Who had I fallen asleep next to this time?

“Boundaries, Scootaloo!” a voice called out.

“Ugh?” I rubbed the tears out of my eyes. These pony noses were much more sensitive than a human’s nose. My mind quickly caught up with my situation. I woke up as Scootaloo, had fun racing on the scooter, tackled Apple Bloom in a hug, and fell asleep next to her. Oh. . . Apple Bloom must have been surprised when she woke up to us cuddling.

“Hey, I’m all about boundaries. I just didn’t know you were so grumpy when you woke up,” I replied.

“Ah’m not grumpy, trust me. When ah’m fuckin’ grumpy, you’ll know it!”

I picked myself up and stood to look at her. I don’t recall Apple Bloom ever saying bucking before. Maybe in real life, the ponies did use ponified swears. That must be the explanation; I couldn’t expect this to be exactly like the show. The best thing to do was stop over-analyzing and just enjoy the ride.

“My bad.” I smiled.

Apple Bloom rolled her eyes and noticed her sister staring at her from the second floor. I could see they were both on edge, though Apple Bloom seemed to have gone from grumpy to scared as her ears folded down.

“Enough horseplay, let’s go crusaderin’ Scootaloo! We can uh. . . go find Sweetie and do fun, normal pony stuff!” Apple Bloom ran out the door, barely waiting for me to follow.

“That sounds great, but slow down!” I followed her out the door. When I looked back, I saw Applejack watching us. Maybe it was just me, but I don’t recall ever getting a stalker vibe from her. I’d have to be careful; there was no telling what happened around the farm when nopony was looking. For all I knew, in this universe Big Mac really did have a thing for fillies.

Sweet Celestia, I hope not. If I turn out to be stuck in one of those. . . no, this is the normal Equestria. Just because a couple ponies don’t match my version of canon doesn’t mean somepony is going to kill me and ruin my fun.

“So I was thinking of getting stunt double cutie marks,” I offered.

“What?”

“You know, we’re going crusading. I want to fire Sweetie out of a cannon. It’s simple math, not the least bit reckless.”

“As long as y’all don’t fire me, fine. Ah’d like to see somepony launched to the moon.”

I watched as she looked back at her home, as if it were some sort of monster.

“Oh! I get it now. It makes sense: it’s Applejack’s time of year and you must be going through—”

“Don’t you dare finish that sentence!” Apple Bloom interjected.

“—puberty! No wonder you two are fighting, Sugarcube.” I giggled at her pained expression. I was sure for all the times they’d called Scootaloo chicken, the poor filly deserved some payback.

“One. . .”

“Huh?”

“Two. . .”

“Hey, Bloom, you're starting to creep me out,” I said.

“Three!”

Apple Bloom lunged for me. Luckily, I was ready. My wings began to buzz, and I narrowly dodged her. I began laughing and running away. “This is more like it!” I shouted as we played tag.

“Y’all are good as plucked, ya chicken!” Apple Bloom shouted.

“Hah! Nopony calls me chicken.” I kept running towards the clubhouse. Finally, I was having some fun and had cheered my new friend up.

“Then why are ya runnin’? Ah just want to talk!”

I ran along and weaved through the apple trees. Despite being an earth pony, she was able to keep up. I wished my wings worked a little better. Part of me knew that most flying animals didn’t flap like a hummingbird. I’d have to try gliding some time; maybe Scootaloo was just doing it wrong. Now that I was here, I was going to learn to fly, and not even tiny wings would prevent that.

My train of thought ended as I reached the front door to the clubhouse and put a hoof on it.

“Safe!” I shouted, and paused to catch my breath. I turned around to see how far ahead of Apple Bloom I was.

The yellow missile hit me in the side, knocking us through the door. We rolled to a stop inside. It was all too hilarious and I laughing loudly, unable to control myself. Even after my fellow crusader stood up and glared at me. I saw her finally break and smile, perhaps even laugh, before sighing and rolling her eyes again.

“Y’all are lucky ah’m in a forgivin’ mood, on account o’ you bein’ slightly less annoyin’ than my sis.” Apple Bloom offered me a hoof to help me up.

I grabbed her hoof and let her pull me up. She didn’t let go, instead pulling me face to face.

“But don’t ya dare talk ta me about puberty again, ok?”

“Sure, boundaries, got it.” I smiled, and since she wouldn’t let go, I hugged her. That did the trick, and she suddenly let go. “I’m just glad I saw a smile in there. For a second I thought you’d rolled around in some poison joke or something.”

“Damn, ah wish this whole day was just poison joke,” Apple Bloom said.

“Why? Are you sick? Oh! I totally know some medical stuff! Can I treat you?”

“Ah reckon you can’t even read, so how’d you learn medical stuff?”

“The intern—national library in Canterlot? Just ’cuz I don’t read all the time doesn’t mean I can’t read,” I bluffed. I had nearly blown my cover, and the last thing I needed was the element of honesty and her sister interrogating the alien that stole Scootaloo’s body.

“Yeah, right. If ya’ll can read, read my lips.”

I watched her mouth some words but couldn’t make them out. I nearly started laughing again when she stopped me with her hoof.

“Please, enough laughin’. Ah thought ya were gonna get me off the farm for some fresh air or somethin’.”

“Oh, sure! I think the wagon is out back. I’ll grab my scooter and our helmets and give you a ride into town.”

“Helmets?”

“Yeah, in this closet.” I opened it up and found Sweetie Belle’s and Apple Bloom’s helmets. “Take these and I’ll get the wagon hooked up to the scooter.”

“Ya ain’t gonna get me on no darn death trap on wheels! Ugh, stupid accent. . .”

“What accident? I don’t recall crashing that many times. I mean, I went almost thirty minutes without hitting a tree root this morning. What’s the worst that can happen?”

“Ah take back what I said about puberty. Ya’ll ask me What’s the worst that can happen one more time and ah’ll fling ya into Ghastly Gorge myself.”

“Well, I suppose most of our crusades end in tragedy, so I see why you don’t want me to jinx it. . . come on! You’ve got to ride into town with me. I’ve been dying to go on a proper crusade!”

I pulled out my patented puppy eye look. For a moment I thought it had lost its charm, until she grunted and started fumbling her helmet on.

“Awesome! I’ll be right back.” I rushed outside with the scooter, my helmet already fastened. I tied the wagon to the scooter, and thanked Celestia for the unique physics of this world. They allowed me to be just bendy and indestructible enough, yet still allowed me to propel myself at fun velocities.

This was going to either be the best crusade ever, or the shortest wagon ride of our life. I caught on to the scooter quick enough; this couldn’t be any harder.

Apple Bloom came out and started to climb into the wagon. I had to stifle my chuckling as she struggled to get inside. It wasn’t taller than her, but getting up over the edge of the wagon made her look like she was drunk. Actually, I had a cat that flailed around like that once. To be fair, I was taking him through airport security and had to hold him by the scruff of his neck while they tested him for explosive residue. Thank Celestia I didn’t live in such a crazy place anymore.

Once she was in, I hopped on the scooter. “Please fasten your seatbelts and keep your arms and legs inside the wagon at all times. We know you have no choice in transportation, so we thank you for continuing to use us after your constant near death experiences!”

“Wait, what the fu—” Apple Bloom was cut off as I flapped my wings and shot off at full speed. The scooter and I traveled a few inches, the rope pulled taught, and with a mighty jerk the wagon accelerated to full speed.

I felt lighter and slowed down. I looked over my shoulder to find Apple Bloom had fallen out of the wagon. She had landed face first in some mud—at least I really hoped it was mud or she might actually kill me.

“Hey, slowpoke, sorry! I’ll try to be more gentle okay?”

“One. . .”

“Uh, I’m on a scooter. You’ll never catch me.”

“Two. . .”

“You really want to walk?” I asked.

Apple Bloom glanced around, noticing her sister spying on us again. She took a deep breath. “Eh, whatever, let’s go.”

She hurried over and hopped in the wagon. I took off more slowly this time. On the way to Sugarcube Corner I mused over what had her and her sister at odds. Women, I never did understand them. Now I am one. Go figure.