• Published 21st Jun 2013
  • 930 Views, 29 Comments

On Our Own - kwr2k13



The continuing adventures of Little Horn and her cousin, Harmony Trebleheart, as they meet other ponies and become closer as a family in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

  • ...
10
 29
 930

Chapter Eleven: Bonus - Letters from the Cutie Mark Crusaders

On Our Own
Chapter Eleven
Bonus - Letters from the Cutie Mark Crusaders


Apple Bloom sat at Little Horn’s desk as she took out a pen and paper to write.

*

Dear Applejack and family,

How are you? I hope you are doing well. So far things have been very exciting and scary at the same time. Me and the Crusaders managed to meet up with Little Horn and Harmony! They agreed to let us stay at their place. Shortly after, me and the other Crusaders plan on getting our Cutie Marks at lemonade selling! Won’t that be awesome! I am writing this letter to tell you all I am doing fine, and miss you very much. I hope all this confusion gets settled soon, I want us all to go back to our real homes in Equestria!


With love, from Apple Bloom.

*

She rolled up the paper and grabbed it with her mouth, happily hopping off the chair to give it to Harmony to mail.

Shortly after Apple Bloom finished her letter, Babs Seed started writing one.

*

Dear Apple Family,

Jeepers! Where do I start? Okay, so, after getting turned into a filly, I met up with cousin Apple Bloom and her friends, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. We then found out the Crusaders recruited two new foals: Little Horn, an unicorn filly staying with her elder cousin, Harmony; and Duo, a unicorn colt about the same age as Sweetie Belle and Little Horn! Wowza!

Harmony and Little Horn have been helping us adapt to all the new changes, and I received a gift; an accessory for my stubborn mane from Ms. Harmony. It helps keep that cowlick outta my face, so I heard. She told me I can keep it as a gift, so, I’ve been wearing it since she gave it to me. It matches my eyes, which I really enjoy about it.

Any hoof, I’m doin’ fine, and I hope to see y’all for the next family reunion!

-Babs Seed

*

Babs placed her letter in the envelope, sealed it with an apple sticker and placed it near her cousin’s letter. She hoped Applejack and the rest of the Apple family would receive it if and when the next family reunion would be held.


Babs then went to Duo, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. “Ya girls and gentle colt can start writin’ your letters whenever ya want.” She heads over to see what Little Horn was up to.

The young filly in question had just finished writing her letter to her mother, telling her about Harmony’s adventure at the local Wal-Mart, and how she helped her cousin feel better.


Sweetie Belle eagerly hopped up on the desk as she found a pen and started to write on a piece of paper.

*

Dear Rarity,

It’s me, Sweetie Belle! I hope you are doing fine, because I know I am. Quite a bit has happened since coming here, like staying at Harmony’s place, meeting up with the other Crusaders, and even meeting up with a few other ponies. Things are going well so far, and I hope to get my lemonade selling cutie mark!

Love, Sweetie Belle

*

Sweetie Belle rolled up the paper and hopped off the chair before running towards Harmony.

Scootaloo was the next to go as she climbed up onto the chair. Using the pen Sweetie Belle had before, and a new paper she found, she started to write.

*

Dear Rainbow Dash,

I am doing great over here, I have been following in your hoofsteps all the way, and are even planning on getting my lemonade selling cutie mark! I know I can see you again, I just hope it’s soon. Though I am slightly scared of going back to Equestria… what if I am an orphan there?

Sincerely,
Your number one fan, Scootaloo

*

Scootaloo sighed as she rolled up the paper and jumped off the chair. She then turned and walked out of the room, humming a cheerful tune under her breath.

Little Horn took some time to think about what she wanted to write in her letter. After much contemplation, she began to compose her letter to her parents.

*

Dear Mom and Dad,

I hope Grandpa is doing okay!

Just writing to tell you my classmates from Ponyville School showed up to stay with Harmony and I for a few days. The young filly from the Apple farm, Apple Bloom, the white unicorn filly from town, Sweetie Belle, and the orange Pegasus filly, Scootaloo, also from town, are trying to earn their Cutie Marks in selling lemonade, and they want me to help them gather up the ingredients and find materials for our stand! Cousin Harmony has been helping them understand when the best time to set up the stand and attract customers and gather the materials needed for the lemonade sales.

Duo, the only colt in our group, doesn’t have his Cutie Mark yet. Like me, he joined up with the Cutie Mark Crusaders, a group of young foals who are working together to find their special talents. Another filly, Apple Bloom’s cousin, Babs Seed, is also helping us. She’s from Manehatten, so she has a distinct Bronx accent, but she’s really nice and enjoys talking about her adventures with her cousin and her friends.

Well, it’s time for bed, and I am worried about Duo. He seems homesick. He talks about his Aunt Luna all the time. I hope Duo will be able to see his Aunt Luna soon. He is a really nice colt who enjoys helping us with the chores around the house and sharing in our adventures.

Love,

Little Horn

*

Little Horn rolled up her paper into a scroll, just like they used back home to send messages to the Princesses. The question was; how do they send these messages to their intended recipients?

Little Horn went over to Duo and offered him a pen and some paper with her magic. The grey unicorn colt looked like he was feeling left out.

“Would you like to write to your Aunt? I’m sure she would love hearing from you.” She levitated the pen and paper to Duo, hoping he would take the hint and begin to think about what to write, hoping to bring the young unicorn colt out of his shell and express his feelings by composing a letter to his family.

“I know this isn't what you are used to back in Equestria, Duo, but I think you’d feel better about yourself that you got to meet two new Cutie Mark Crusaders; myself and Babs Seed.” The tan unicorn began to help guide her young unicorn friend towards allowing him to compose his own letter. “You think we can get our Cutie Marks in Letter Writing?”